Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Doing Right Now? (non OT version)

Options

Comments

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,336
    Options
    Just marked 43k emails in a general inbox as "read".
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    ColtsFan said:
    I need to do that.

On another note, I just learned that my daughter passed the Texas bar exam on her first attempt.
    That's awesome Dan, congrats to her!  Good thing she got her brains from her mom, huh?  ;)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    The old Chevy Lumina is headed to the crusher. My mother in law was going to junk it a few years back. I said hold up on that thought. I was able to get it back up and running for next to nothing. I put close to another 20K miles on it. 

The frame and body were starting to get crusty. She was ready to be scrapped. My neighbors will be delighted not to see the old beater parked next to the garage anymore!

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    500 said:
    Playing pinball. 

Good lord, dude. Hide those unsightly power cords.

Otherwise, sweeet. 😎 
    Because this machine was built in 1992, I like to power it on and off at the surge suppressor.  it's 100% mechanically and electronically sound, but it's 28 year old electronics, so anything could happen.  But, I love it.  
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options
    Re-homing our mini Aussie. Or at least attempting to. Sad day at our house 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Procrastinating.  It's what I do best.  
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @Foghorn Congratulations pops!
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • abtaylor260
    abtaylor260 Posts: 242
    edited December 2020
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    We found a toy Aussie on the side of the road dumped off at the beginning of the year. Really annoying at first and now we have grown super attached. 

I feel your pain...
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,832
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    ColtsFan said:
    I need to do that.

On another note, I just learned that my daughter passed the Texas bar exam on her first attempt.
    That's awesome Dan, congrats to her!  Good thing she got her brains from her mom, huh?  ;)
    Absolutely.  I can't understand all them big, vague words that are in her law school books.  I'm OK with big words that name something very specific and concrete - like intussusception, or latissimus - but those big words that she's been reading are about relative ideals and concepts.  She definitely didn't get that from me.  

As long as I'm on this thread, updating my status if you will, I spent much of the week putting together a coverage schedule as we reopened our surgical COVID ICU yesterday, I worked all night, I gave grand rounds at the Tulane department of surgery this morning by Zoom, and what was supposed to be a weekend off has turned into a weekend of providing COVID care.  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I've been meaning to do that for weeks.

But I keep putting it off.

Maybe tomorrow.

Options
    ColbyLang said:
    We found a toy Aussie on the side of the road dumped off at the beginning of the year. Really annoying at first and now we have grown super attached. 

I feel your pain...
    We’ve had her for 2.5 years. Always great with the kids until last night. My little girl got bit on the forehead. In all fairness, she provoked the dog, just can’t trust her around the little ones any more. Little girl is terrified of her. Hoping we found a great home for her 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    @Foghorn - Congrats to your daughter for clearing that major hurdle.  
    Sorry to read about your weekend audible.  Unfortunately I can envision more of those in the coming weeks.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    The struggle is real...

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• abtaylor260
    abtaylor260 Posts: 242
    edited December 2020
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

I feel your pain...
    We’ve had her for 2.5 years. Always great with the kids until last night. My little girl got bit on the forehead. In all fairness, she provoked the dog, just can’t trust her around the little ones any more. Little girl is terrified of her. Hoping we found a great home for her 
    That sucks. She has nipped at my daughter before. They are very dominate minded dogs. To a fault. We talked with my daughter on rules around her, not touching her face etc. It has worked until now. However, it pays to be safe than sorry. I understand the choice for sure. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,832
    Options

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Foghorn said:
    ColtsFan said:
    I need to do that.

Absolutely.  I can't understand all them big, vague words that are in her law school books.  I'm OK with big words that name something very specific and concrete - like intussusception, or latissimus - but those big words that she's been reading are about relative ideals and concepts.  She definitely didn't get that from me.  

As long as I'm on this thread, updating my status if you will, I spent much of the week putting together a coverage schedule as we reopened our surgical COVID ICU yesterday, I worked all night, I gave grand rounds at the Tulane department of surgery this morning by Zoom, and what was supposed to be a weekend off has turned into a weekend of providing COVID care.  
    Yikes.  All I can say is that leadership matters, especially in times or crisis.  I’m sure your staff is thankful for yours during this period.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    EGGjlmh said:
    Watching the hearings in GA MI PA and NV this week, the voter fraud appears to be rampant. Looks like to me we will end up having four more years of a Trump presidency. 

You're probably right.  If you want to put some money down on Trump winning this election, I'll give you 2 to 1 payout on 1k minimum bet and I'll handle up to 5k on your end.  If you are interested I can get my lawyer to escrow the money.
    edited December 2020
    Options
    EGGjlmh said:
    Watching the hearings in GA MI PA and NV this week, the voter fraud appears to be rampant. Looks like to me we will end up having four more years of a Trump presidency. 

You're probably right.  If you want to put some money down on Trump winning this election, I'll give you 2 to 1 payout on 1k minimum bet and I'll handle up to 5k on your end.  If you are interested I can get my lawyer to escrow the money.
    I'll take some of that action.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    EGGjlmh said:

I'll take some of that action.
    I don't want to take your money, Ted.

edited December 2020
    Options
    @nolaegghead  2:1? Come on man, you must be more confident than that. I would think the live odds have to be close to 10:1 or better. Show some confidence! 

Edit- I wouldn’t take it even at 25:1. 
    Snellville, GA

• Sheldon_Nigel
    Options
    EGGjlmh said:

$5k on Biden, please DM me your details.
    Ruining Gaskets one cook at a time.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    David Chang soaks wood chips. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @nolaegghead  2:1? Come on man, you must be more confident than that. I would think the live odds have to be close to 10:1 or better. Show some confidence! 

Edit- I wouldn’t take it even at 25:1. 

Confidence only works against me in this hustle.
    EGGjlmh said:

$5k on Biden, please DM me your details.

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,259
    edited December 2020
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Pot pie in the oven 

What’s the mold for? Keep the edges from burning?