Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,707
    Enjoying a crisp October morning on the porch:

For some reason reminds me of this  

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    And Ashish’s tandooriwurst is soooooo good. Perfectly spiced, the grind and bind were perfect and the sausage was so juicy. This one is a keeper for sure  
    Two scoops of this, a dash of that, and a few pinches too.  Almost forgot, add some of this also.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • And Ashish’s tandooriwurst is soooooo good. Perfectly spiced, the grind and bind were perfect and the sausage was so juicy. This one is a keeper for sure  
    Two scoops of this, a dash of that, and a few pinches too.  Almost forgot, add some of this also.
    For a guy who does not measure, he sure makes some damn good food. These are incredible. I had my last bite 30 minutes ago and my mouth is still watering. Incredible flavor and texture. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    JRWhitee said:
    Watching the Buckeyes put a whipping on the Huskers
    Good to see college football back on TV. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    And Ashish’s tandooriwurst is soooooo good. Perfectly spiced, the grind and bind were perfect and the sausage was so juicy. This one is a keeper for sure  
    I would love to try some of that. It looks spectacular 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    For a guy who does not measure, he sure makes some damn good food. 
    Who made it?

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH said:
    For a guy who does not measure, he sure makes some damn good food. 
    Who made it?
    @caliking  It is incredible. 
  • SGH
    @caliking  It is incredible. 
    It looks great 👍 

Status- Standing by.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Did a shady parking lot meat deal with @20stone and @Foghorn to divy up some venison sausage We made (from the live stream we did for the OBR fundraiser). Fog brought some wagyu ground beef from a friends ranch and 20stone brought the much anticipated tandooriwurst from Ashish and some breakfast sausage from some left over ground pork from the venison. We met halfway from San Antonio and Austin in a little town called New Braunfels in a Buccees parking lot. After hearing of the passing of Texas Music legend Jerry Jeff Walker this morning I made the short drive to Gruene (sounds like green) to pay homage at one of his frequent haunts and the last place I saw him play, Gruene Hall. RIP Jerry Jeff! 

I thought I recognized that building from somewhere...

https://youtu.be/cw-jHgMgEtQ 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Did a shady parking lot meat deal with @20stone and @Foghorn to divy up some venison sausage We made (from the live stream we did for the OBR fundraiser). Fog brought some wagyu ground beef from a friends ranch and 20stone brought the much anticipated tandooriwurst from Ashish and some breakfast sausage from some left over ground pork from the venison. We met halfway from San Antonio and Austin in a little town called New Braunfels in a Buccees parking lot. After hearing of the passing of Texas Music legend Jerry Jeff Walker this morning I made the short drive to Gruene (sounds like green) to pay homage at one of his frequent haunts and the last place I saw him play, Gruene Hall. RIP Jerry Jeff! 

I have been to that Buccees and Gruene many times when we lived in Texas. Gruene is a cool town.
    Las Vegas, NV

• WeberWho said:

I thought I recognized that building from somewhere...

https://youtu.be/cw-jHgMgEtQ 
    That’s the spot. Legendary Texas dancehall. Great place. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

I have been to that Buccees and Gruene many times when we lived in Texas. Gruene is a cool town.
    Same here...many times.  I lived around there from 1980-1990
  • Did a shady parking lot meat deal with @20stone and @Foghorn to divy up some venison sausage We made (from the live stream we did for the OBR fundraiser). Fog brought some wagyu ground beef from a friends ranch and 20stone brought the much anticipated tandooriwurst from Ashish and some breakfast sausage from some left over ground pork from the venison. We met halfway from San Antonio and Austin in a little town called New Braunfels in a Buccees parking lot. After hearing of the passing of Texas Music legend Jerry Jeff Walker this morning I made the short drive to Gruene (sounds like green) to pay homage at one of his frequent haunts and the last place I saw him play, Gruene Hall. RIP Jerry Jeff! 

It is a great spot. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    For a guy who does not measure, he sure makes some damn good food. These are incredible. I had my last bite 30 minutes ago and my mouth is still watering. Incredible flavor and texture. 
    That’s high praise, indeed. The recipe was cobbled together from what is supposedly the OG tandoori recipe. So glad y’all enjoyed it. 

Now... the pressure is on to make it (and nail it) again! 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    The town name of New Braunfels rings a bell with me; are they known for something?  

Today I pulled out the beat-up, vine- and juniper-warped, crimped-over top aluminum slats from 70' of chain link fence, 25+ years old.  Finished the job without slicing a single wrist or eyeball, so I'll count that as a win; my arthritic wrist will be screaming tomorrow, but it's supposed to be snowing so I'll just soak in a tub or something.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• SGH
    caliking said:
    Now... the pressure is on to make it (and nail it) again! 
    Send me some if you make it again. I will return the favor in kind. Going to slaughter a couple of hogs in a few weeks. Will have a few rectums and bowels I can part with. Might even have a scrotum of two. 

Status- Standing by.

• buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Botch said:
    The town name of New Braunfels rings a bell with me; are they known for something?  

It is interesting to me in that I started streaming KNBT a couple weeks ago after doing a search for Americana radio.  KNBT airs from New Braunfels.
    Now I need to plan a trip there - there must be something important.
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • Battleborn
    Botch said:
    They are known for having a giant gas station named Buccees that Cen-Tex purchases "meat" at.
    Las Vegas, NV

• Love me some bucees mom and sister live in Bastrop proper and there is one we right outside of town. I alway think this is what a gas station should be.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    Botch said:
    They are known for having a giant gas station named Buccees that Cen-Tex purchases "meat" at.
    I know is Schlitterbahn is there if I remember right.  
  • Battleborn
    U_tarded said:
    Botch said:
    I know is Schlitterbahn is there if I remember right.  
    That is correct, never went to it, but it is supposed to be pretty nice.

Love me some bucees mom and sister live in Bastrop proper and there is one we right outside of town. I alway think this is what a gas station should be.
    Buccees is the best. They have a store brand draft root beer that tastes exactly like a float. My favorite thing to get there.
    Las Vegas, NV

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Laughing so hard I have tears running down my cheeks.  I thought I'd seen all the Eddie Izzard clips, but first time tonight for this one, where he describes learning band instruments.
    If you played in band, or have a child who is, you gotta watch this!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crQM129W40M

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure