Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,430
    Options
    Botch said:
    The town name of New Braunfels rings a bell with me; are they known for something?  

Today I pulled out the beat-up, vine- and juniper-warped, crimped-over top aluminum slats from 70' of chain link fence, 25+ years old.  Finished the job without slicing a single wrist or eyeball, so I'll count that as a win; my arthritic wrist will be screaming tomorrow, but it's supposed to be snowing so I'll just soak in a tub or something.  

It rang a bell with me too @Botch . I think it's because they are a smoker brand.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    @lousubcap you cannot pull a runner off the base.  He wrapped him up and pulled him off.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    @lousubcap you cannot pull a runner off the base.  He wrapped him up and pulled him off.
    My memory sucks; is this a Band-Aid thing?  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,436
    Options
    Monitoring TS Zeta. We can’t win
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    I know the feeling. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    buzzvol said:
    Botch said:
    The town name of New Braunfels rings a bell with me; are they known for something?  

It is interesting to me in that I started streaming KNBT a couple weeks ago after doing a search for Americana radio.  KNBT airs from New Braunfels.
    Now I need to plan a trip there - there must be something important.
    New Braunfels is a small town half way between Austin and San Antonio. Most famous for the Guadalupe River where people tube and kayak while drinking mass quantities of ice cold beer. Gruene Hall is about 3 miles from NB and is a legendary 100+ year old dance hall so that’s the connection to Americana/Texas country music. If you ever get a chance to see a show at Gruene Hall, I highly recommend it. They have some pretty good bbq in that area as well. Coopers and blacks are both worth a visit. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,306
    Options
    https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/2020/tropical-depression-twenty-eight?map=model

Did everybody in the Southeast name their kid Job? Kick a dog? Tug on Superman's cape?
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,663
    Options
    buzzvol said:
    Botch said:

It is interesting to me in that I started streaming KNBT a couple weeks ago after doing a search for Americana radio.  KNBT airs from New Braunfels.
    Now I need to plan a trip there - there must be something important.
    New Braunfels is a small town half way between Austin and San Antonio. Most famous for the Guadalupe River where people tube and kayak while drinking mass quantities of ice cold beer. Gruene Hall is about 3 miles from NB and is a legendary 100+ year old dance hall so that’s the connection to Americana/Texas country music. If you ever get a chance to see a show at Gruene Hall, I highly recommend it. They have some pretty good bbq in that area as well. Coopers and blacks are both worth a visit. 
    I’ve been to New Braunfels a few times. I agree with you about Gruene Hall and Coopers. There is also pretty decent little “do drop in” called the Watering Hole. 

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Last nights beef pulled and reheated.

• NotEnoughSmoke
    Options
    5 hours in
    XL BGE
    WSM 18.5
    Currently live in Southern Oklahoma/ North Texas region
    Born and raised in Chicago! Da BEARS
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    I definitely got the best of the shady parking lot meat swap.  Although when @20stone just hits me up for the Splitwise app for “my share” of the sausage costs and I just pay it, I guess what I’m receiving is not really a gift.  

Here’s a portion of the haul and pics of us gathering in the Buc-ees parking lot for some physically distanced socializing.  

I’m looking forward to trying all of the sausages.  
    Nothing quite like sharing heritage hog and venison sausage in a Buc-ees parking lot under an IHOP sign. 

It was great seeing you two
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Back to work on the laser-lithotripsy NIH proposal.  Normally, I assemble proposals using LaTeX.  Since we are collaborating on this with a wide range of people, we are using Microsoft Word.

Good Lord MS-Word is abysmal.   The formatting decisions it makes at times based on what I select from the menu are completely bizarre.  I'm glad I don't have to use this all the time because otherwise I think I would have kicked Bill Gates square in the nuts by now. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,354
    Options
    Back to work on the laser-lithotripsy NIH proposal.  Normally, I assemble proposals using LaTeX.  Since we are collaborating on this with a wide range of people, we are using Microsoft Word.

Good Lord MS-Word is abysmal.   The formatting decisions it makes at times based on what I select from the menu are completely bizarre.  I'm glad I don't have to use this all the time because otherwise I think I would have kicked Bill Gates square in the nuts by now. 

Can Word not import a LaTex file? Or is it more a case of the import munges up so badly that you're better off just using Word?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Mother-in-laws birthday was this past Wednesday. I asked my wife if she wanted to invite her down for dinner and to ask her what she wanted. Her response was, "Pork chops or ribs would be great!" Who am I to argue. 

I haven't ever done Memphis style ribs so I figure this might be a perfect time to try them out. I went with a dry rub that was listed in the Smoke book I picked up.

These could be a hit or a complete miss. Time will only tell....
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • NotEnoughSmoke
    Options
    watch the NFL- while my ribs smoke

XL BGE
    WSM 18.5
    Currently live in Southern Oklahoma/ North Texas region
    Born and raised in Chicago! Da BEARS
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Can Word not import a LaTex file? Or is it more a case of the import munges up so badly that you're better off just using Word?
    There are importers but none of them really work terribly well.  And given the large number of different people collaborating on the proposal, there's really not much upside.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Watching football, starting the egg, getting ready to cook wings and sausage. @northGAcock will be here shortly with a Growler of beer. Pics to come.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Last nights beef pulled and reheated.

I like the pottery! 
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    HeavyG said:

There are importers but none of them really work terribly well.  And given the large number of different people collaborating on the proposal, there's really not much upside.  
    Be careful  of Words 3am deadline due reformat trick.  It will turn you into a raging murdering lunatic.  The longer the paper the more extensive the "auto-format" and CNTRL-Z will not fix it.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Wings and Sausage are cooking

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    SGH said:
    ColbyLang said:
    I know the feeling. 

Didn’t know there was another tropical storm until y’alls posts. Still waiting on our roof assessment to come back after the last two hurricanes. Just missing some shingles and a couple of leak spots but our roof is just about at the end of it’s life. Guess we will see where this one goes.
    LBGE
    AL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Guess we will see where this one goes.
    Right now I’m in the bullseye 🎯 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,306
    Options
    SGH said:
    Guess we will see where this one goes.
    Right now I’m in the bullseye 🎯 
    You’re not the Lone Ranger!