Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Gawjus ribs Cap. Just flat out Gawjus. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Laura’s winds will be at 145 tonight. Any fellow eggheads between Lafayette and Galveston watch out. It’s gonna be a bad storm. Stay safe. If we maintain cell service, I’ll give you guys updates. We’re 100 miles east of projected landfall and still anticipating gusts to 75mph and 10-15” of rainfall. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    recovering from heat exhaustion.  dug up my septic system and find the leach pit isnt leaching, oh the joy. 

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    recovering from heat exhaustion.  dug up my septic system and find the leach pit isnt leaching, oh the joy. 

Is that gray poo?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    edited August 2020
    mostly septic water with a film floating on top. more disgusting feminine objects removed before the pic was taken. going to have to put a sign up so maybe the wrong things dont get flushed. tossed in some root destroyer but think it wont work on this, system is really root bound. 4 more week of renters before i can backhoe in a new area, looks like its going to be pumped out weekly til the end of the beach season
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Plumbers love tampons, they really pad the bank account. Same thing for “flushable “ wet wipes.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    ColbyLang said:
    Laura’s winds will be at 145 tonight. Any fellow eggheads between Lafayette and Galveston watch out. It’s gonna be a bad storm. Stay safe. If we maintain cell service, I’ll give you guys updates. We’re 100 miles east of projected landfall and still anticipating gusts to 75mph and 10-15” of rainfall. 
    Laura is going to make a run at a 5. Recon on the way back in now. Good chance those winds are already above 145mph. Eye is clearing which means they will start mixing down to ground level.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Plumbers love tampons, they really pad the bank account. Same thing for “flushable “ wet wipes.
    And the plastic things you hang on the side of the toilet to make the water blue.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    Plumbers love tampons, they really pad the bank account. 
    I see what you did there.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• EzraBrooks
    EzraBrooks Posts: 379
    ColtsFan said:
    Got a 2PM Zoom with some VP of IT for one of our clients. I had to shave and put on a polo. The struggle is real
    I had to do an interview for a new client last week, and was required to wear a jacket and tie.  The humanity.  I was afraid of some circumstance which would require me to stand, so did wear pants, but I drew the line at shoes, socks, and a belt.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    @frazzdaddy - how did you come by your weather expertise as you are definitely on top of this storm?  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Botch said:
    Plumbers love tampons, they really pad the bank account. 
    I see what you did there.  
    My experience having to redesign and repair a sewage plant for a public rest area. They made the mistake of letting the local paper interview me. “What’s jamming it?” “feminine hygiene products.”
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited August 2020
    lousubcap said:
    @frazzdaddy - how did you come by your weather expertise as you are definitely on top of this storm?  
    My granddad taught me about weather from an old farmers perspective as a young kid. Been passionate about it since. I will pm you with some good info on where to look, but I will say one of my my sources is an active duty Navy met. 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

I think I heard @fiber_induced_deuce is expert with this kind of backup....
    Looks like Laura will be a strong 4 and maybe a 5 by the 8pm NHC update. Port Author looks like the landfall point. You folks down there be safe and bug out if you can. This has become a very dangerous storm.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Turning my prayer rug to face Blues Hog.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Finishing the slow roasted brats on the mini. We had a small picnic at a local park 

Awesome shot!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    Grading python routines written by students.  It appears to be too much to ask that they check that their routines at least run before they turn them into me to grade.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Grading python routines written by students.  It appears to be too much to ask that they check that their routines at least run before they turn them into me to grade.  
    @JohnInCarolina Aren't pythons routines to swim, squeeze sh!t to death and eat? I don't even have a Duke education and know that  😉
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    @JohnInCarolina  Why should I see if it works?  Let someone else sort it out.
    As in why try the search feature here before I ask the question?
    The difference??  Could be a Zoom topic??
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    When I took FORTRAN, I once had to turn in an untested deck because the card reader center had too long a line, even at 0300.  
    Damn kids today probably don't even know where the "library" is....

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• GMAC1
    GMAC1 Posts: 20
    Drinking a beer, listening to Rush 
  • Botch
    Over the past two days I've been getting familiar with an iOS phone rather than an Android, although probably less than 2 hours overall.  Soooo much easier to get around, figure things out.  For some reason it took me three tries to connect to my iCloud, but it finally worked and everything else has been smooth as buttah.  

Now, ironically, this afternoon I get a phone call message that, "Your credit card was used to buy an iPhone for $800 yesterday; press "1" if you made this purchase; dial 866-bla-bla if you did not".  I panicked a bit, I did buy an iPhone yesterday, but for $400.  I didn't have a pen and didn't get the phone number written down, so I called USAA (I have CC with them, but NOT insurance).  Guy said they'd been flooded with these calls the last couple days, checked my account, and it showed no $800 purchase (it also didn't show any $400 purchase!  I'm expecting a phone call from Best Buy soon).  

Stay vigilant, folks!  

• lousubcap
    edited August 2020
    @ Botch - It was strongly suggested that I come over to the dark side (aka iphone) after 21 + years on the other side.  With everyone in my family sphere of influence with iphone (and for several years) I made the move around a year ago.  Took some adjustments but now I am sucked into the Apple vortex.
    Only thing I don't appreciate is that you can't access or change the battery.  (Design obsolence) and more $$ for them.  I will get past that I guess.
    Related, I would strongly pursue how your purchase information got leaked.  I have now jinxed myself but have not had that experience.  BTW- get a pen. =)
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Botch said:
    When I took FORTRAN, I once had to turn in an untested deck because the card reader center had too long a line, even at 0300.  
    Damn kids today probably don't even know where the "library" is....
    Probably never had to turn in punch cards either. Our main frame the Unisuck went down so often I wished they had a red flag to raise. I once spent 18 hours in the computer lab doing my final project.