Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @lkapigian Stay safe. I have family in the Sonoma valley near Kenwood as well as in Capitola. The fires are truly scary out there right now. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    Having a after supper drink and watching the traveling sprinkler move to the end of the line.  This is the first time this year for any lawn watering, due to unusual timely rains until now.  In the midst of mid 90s with no moisture and expected to continue til Sat. 

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Finally got to see the Bayern PSG match on DVR.  I really can’t stand the floppers in the game. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Finally got to see the Bayern PSG match on DVR.  I really can’t stand the floppers in the game. 
    @thetrim - but surely you marvel at the medical miracles that occur soon thereafter.  Je$u$ did not capture that market.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    To seal the deal you need to lose the T-shirt  =)
    I was just coming to say that.  Only reason to wear a Tshirt with overalls is for going to Church.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    Prepping for Katrina’s Twins, Marco and Laura. Trying to get as much production done in the next 48-60 hours as we can before Laura makes landfall. 

On another note, catching up on the local news with protestors all across my city for an officer involved shooting Friday night. Multiple demonstrations. Some peaceful, some not. Impeding roads. Hopefully the storms will cool this city off
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Getting the kids going on their first day of school. All remote learning to start the year. Google Classrooms with 30 4th graders is as much of a complete sh!tshow as one would expect.
    Las Vegas, NV

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Negotiating new rate for Siris XM
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Picked up a Norton IM200 off fleabay. One of the handles is broken off but it is unused. Got it for 15 bucks. The stones alone are worth 60. Good deal I thought for a knock around sharpener. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Negotiating new rate for Siris XM
    An always-successful but frustrating 25 minutes, year after year....

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    @lousubcap - Smokem' if you Gotem' cap.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options

Trying trap outs this year. Hopefully the bees will be stuck in the bottom boxes when I come back tomorrow to pull supers.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Should be about 25 gallons at this location 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    @alaskanassasin do you collect pollen early season? When we were in Portugal in February, they had pollen collected in the spring by using a screen on the hive entrance to pull the pollen off the bees as they enter the hive.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Good question @Eoin. I do not collect pollen because I don't really have a market for it, my operation is more geared towards honey production and nuc/hive sales. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Good question @Eoin. I do not collect pollen because I don't really have a market for it, my operation is more geared towards honey production and nuc/hive sales. 
    These guys in the mountains in Southern Portugal sell the pollen in jars.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Eoin said:
    @alaskanassasin do you collect pollen early season? When we were in Portugal in February, they had pollen collected in the spring by using a screen on the hive entrance to pull the pollen off the bees as they enter the hive.
    Man, that sounds like that mean kid in gradeschool who kept taking my sammich at lunch.
    I'm swearing off honey.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

Life is good my friend. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options

I think my blood pressure went down just looking at that.
    Stillwater, MN