Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Where are you @GATraveller
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    TTC said:
    Where are you @GATraveller
    Colorado River around Kremmling, CO 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Helping my son get his mac book pro back up and running.  Apple support walked him off a cliff and said sorry, you'll have to take it in somewhere. 

I really dislike mac products. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,300
    Options
    Watching the weather channel. Laura has pms.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited August 2020
    Options
    She's headed to Texas and has a shot at cat 4 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,343
    Options
    Living in Indiana my whole life, I'll take the occasional tornado that's 200-300 yards wide with 200+ mph winds vs a hurricane. I do think it would be interesting to experience a hurricane, you know, minus the mass destruction. Tornadoes last seconds, hurricanes for hours

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,625
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Living in Indiana my whole life, I'll take the occasional tornado that's 200-300 yards wide with 200+ mph winds vs a hurricane. I do think it would be interesting to experience a hurricane, you know, minus the mass destruction. Tornadoes last seconds, hurricanes for hours

I’ll take earthquakes.  No warning.  Rare.  Don’t last long.  Preference, if that’s even the right word, I think has a lot to do with what you grew up with.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    They’re claiming a 3. We’ll be on the E of it. Projected landfall at the state line. Surge on this side could be 7-11’. She just made a cat 1 about an hour ago. 

• Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    Right now I would take any of those over the fires we are having. I went through a bunch of hurricanes when I lived back east, and I have gone through a bunch of earthquakes since moving to the left coast. Tornadoes last minutes, hurricanes hours, but these damn fires last for weeks! And they can have hot spots for a year. Even if you aren't directly affected by the fire, you can't do anything outside because of the smoke. Loss of property is very high, and loss of lives can be horrid.

Anybody know how to do a rain dance?
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    They’re claiming a 3. We’ll be on the E of it. Projected landfall at the state line. Surge on this side could be 7-11’. She just made a cat 1 about an hour ago. 

Over night model runs are indicating westward movement of the track and she is already showing signs of more intensification than was anticipated for this am. Almost perfect environment for RI. I think she makes 4 and comes in west of the line and maybe west of Galveston. 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • frazzdaddy
    edited August 2020
    Options
    ColtsFan said:

I have punched a few eyes and took a direct hit from an f3. Tornado's are very scary things. Fun stuff for a weather nerd. 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    ColbyLang said:

Over night model runs are indicating westward movement of the track and she is already showing signs of more intensification than was anticipated for this am. Almost perfect environment for RI. I think she makes 4 and comes in west of the line and maybe west of Galveston. 
    Mandatory evacuations of parishes lower than I-10 in Louisiana on the west end of the state. Marco was non existent, Laura looking to make up for that. 
  • frazzdaddy
    edited August 2020
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    ColbyLang said:

Mandatory evacuations of parishes lower than I-10 in Louisiana on the west end of the state. Marco was non existent, Laura looking to make up for that. 
    Yepp, The fact that Marco was unable to cool the water much, (still 84 degree SST where Marco passed) leaves more warm energy for Laura to use.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Legume said:
    ColtsFan said:

I’ll take earthquakes.  No warning.  Rare.  Don’t last long.  Preference, if that’s even the right word, I think has a lot to do with what you grew up with.
    Snow is easier than any of them.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Acn said:
    Legume said:
    ColtsFan said:

Not in Atlanta
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    Acn said:
    Legume said:
    ColtsFan said:

My favorite chase. 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    ColtsFan said:

don't sell us short; we get those too.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    @Photo Egg did you guys evacuation orders? I heard the whole Island is being evacuated by noon tomorrow?
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    @Photo Egg did you guys evacuation orders? I heard the whole Island is being evacuated by noon tomorrow?
    We are going to hunker down and ride it out. Leave after if needed.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    This ain’t good......
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Ditto, Stay safe @Photo Egg

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    Going to be a rough ride @Photo Egg be safe
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    The last hurricane I rode out wasn't really that bad, but I did make New Orleans style Hurricane drinks. The heartburn I had from those is indescribable, not recommended.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• frazzdaddy
    Options
    The last hurricane I rode out wasn't really that bad, but I did make New Orleans style Hurricane drinks. The heartburn I had from those is indescribable, not recommended.
    Been some epic hurricane parties on the NC coast over the years.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • ColbyLang
    Options
    That’s why we stick to beer
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    Josh Morgerman is headed that way. Where he parks his rig will be where the eye passes. The man is borderline nuts but knows his hurricanes.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    I am being challenged by the free-flowing beers on a hot and humid day while playing with the stick burner.  Given the environment isn't gonna change I need to throttle back or this cook (SRF beef plate ribs) could go south before it declares victory. Honestly, a good challenge to have.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    Broke in my new pizza stone.  Just a $6 pepperoni Fave from Papa Murphy's, 425º of course.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Just left my egg dealer and had a nice chat. Business has been insanely good as it has been for all home-bound related goods. He's up double digits over last year even after being shut down off-and-on but now the time has come to pay the piper. His BGE distributor is back-ordered for weeks. There are no Conveggtors or nests to be had so even the few eggs he has are difficult to sell for most situations. He has a full kitchen store and said he is out of almost all of the items that account for 80% of his business. He has no cookware sets (his #1 sellers), no bread makers, no food processors, no vitamix, no BGE, his knives are picked over- it's crazy.  He sells GMG grills and just received 3 months of backorders on one model this week. Half are already gone. He was out of pellets for 5 weeks and he's almost out again after a week of stocking up. He has been gutted and nobody can keep up with demand. Tom at CGS said the same thing about KJ's a few months ago and said he was pretty lean on BGE too.

I grabbed 5 more bags of Rockwood. If you need something, it may be time to grab it. We are seeing all kinds of supply chain disruptions too in our business. It's a good problem but it's still a problem.