Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,056
    Acn said:
    Love me some Moab/arches/canyon lands.  I used to get their once a month haven’t been since March.  Can’t wait to get back. 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,115

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    ColtsFan said:
    Got a 2PM Zoom with some VP of IT for one of our clients. I had to shave and put on a polo. The struggle is real
    My clients have adjusted to my wearing a tie dye. Push the limits. You have the Covid excuse. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,030
    Keeping all our #egghead family in thoughts a prayers .....even @Lit
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    Botch said:
    Grading python routines written by students.  It appears to be too much to ask that they check that their routines at least run before they turn them into me to grade.  
    When I took FORTRAN, I once had to turn in an untested deck because the card reader center had too long a line, even at 0300.  
    Damn kids today probably don't even know where the "library" is....
    Probably never had to turn in punch cards either. Our main frame the Unisuck went down so often wished they had a red flag to raise. I once spent 18 hours in the computer lab doing my final project.

Definitely giving away our age here... back in the day I created an infinite loop with 2-3 punched cards and dropped 'em into some unsuspecting soul's assignment deck, oh boy  :)

canuckland
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,606
    Botch said:
    Grading python routines written by students.  It appears to be too much to ask that they check that their routines at least run before they turn them into me to grade.  
    When I took FORTRAN, I once had to turn in an untested deck because the card reader center had too long a line, even at 0300.  
    Damn kids today probably don't even know where the "library" is....
    Probably never had to turn in punch cards either. Our main frame the Unisuck went down so often wished they had a red flag to raise. I once spent 18 hours in the computer lab doing my final project.

Definitely giving away our age here... back in the day I created an infinite loop with 2-3 punched cards and dropped 'em into some unsuspecting soul's assignment deck, oh boy  :)

Hey we’re not the oldest pharts on the forum , mentioning no names. I bet this iPhone has more processor power than my first desktop. Now for tricks a freshman used to hookup to the mainframe by audible modem. Some people would play a pipe whistle on the other phone. I think he had a TRS 80 in 1984.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    ColtsFan said:
     I had to shave 
    This ^^^^^^^ I like 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,115
    SGH said:
    ColtsFan said:
     I had to shave 
    This ^^^^^^^ I like 👍
    Did you ever post review of that special edition razor you were raving about?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    Photo Egg said:
    SGH said:
    ColtsFan said:
     I had to shave 
    This ^^^^^^^ I like 👍
    Did you ever post review of that special edition razor you were raving about?
    No sir I did not. I missed out on the initial run. I don’t understand how I missed out as I reserved 5 of them in advance. But that’s what I was told. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 846
    Converting floating point math with trig functions to fixed point.  @JohnInCarolina  - I think you should make your students do this to have an appreciation for precision decimal places. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,977
    Converting floating point math with trig functions to fixed point.  @JohnInCarolina  - I think you should make your students do this to have an appreciation for precision decimal places. 
    The class is on scientific computing and machine learning, so we have of course discussed ill conditioning and finite precision arithmetic.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    edited August 2020
    Watching Laura come on shore
  • northGAcock
    Rejoicing. Punkin Lattes are back at Starbucks.Next up, Sam Adams Octoberfest.....

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Rejoicing. Punkin Lattes are back at Starbucks.Next up, Sam Adams Octoberfest.....
    Just saw that the pumpkin pie blizzard is back at DQ too.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    Botch said:
    Over the past two days I've been getting familiar with an iOS phone rather than an Android, although probably less than 2 hours overall.  Soooo much easier to get around, figure things out.  For some reason it took me three tries to connect to my iCloud, but it finally worked and everything else has been smooth as buttah.  

Now, ironically, this afternoon I get a phone call message that, "Your credit card was used to buy an iPhone for $800 yesterday; press "1" if you made this purchase; dial 866-bla-bla if you did not".  I panicked a bit, I did buy an iPhone yesterday, but for $400.  I didn't have a pen and didn't get the phone number written down, so I called USAA (I have CC with them, but NOT insurance).  Guy said they'd been flooded with these calls the last couple days, checked my account, and it showed no $800 purchase (it also didn't show any $400 purchase!  I'm expecting a phone call from Best Buy soon).  

Stay vigilant, folks!  

i have an on going fraud dispute with best buy. someone applied for a bestbuy credit card and made purchases, it immediately showed up on credit karma. the card was thru citibank. called best buy, called citibank, called expirian, transunion, equifax, 12 hours of bs on the phone. 2 months later get an echo 5 alexa in the mail after canceling the card, no paper work. get a notice from citibank that they are going thru collections and call them back up about the fraud. never got a bill, never got a card, alerted them to the fraud the day after it was applied for, find out the purchase was for an alexa and sent to the house where i have no internet or computer. returned the alexa and sent back the return receipt to citibank, bill is up to 130 dollars for a 50 dollar item and we are still in dispute. beginning to believe bestbuy is the culprit behind this. only thing i know about the card is the last four digits, citibank will not give me more info
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191

2020 is for drinking, socializing and screwing, damn those python routines
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,345
    Already seen Octoberfest in our local Publix this past weekend.

LBGE
    AL
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Invasion of the pumpkins? Plus 3 or 4 5 gallon buckets already cooked and frozen.

• northGAcock
    My Grandson Colton wanted to do some ribs today. So we used the PBC and turned out some good ones. Used Dizzy Dust
    for rub and 1/2 Blue Hogs original and 1/2 Blue Hog Tennessee Red for Sauce... @YukonRon we are hooked on Blues Hog lately.. good stuff..

Nice collaboration. Nice lookin grub. 

Good to see your post. Hoping all is well with you and family. 

• EzraBrooks
    EzraBrooks Posts: 395
    Listening to my wife rip my son a new one for not fully participating in online school.  Work from home and school from home sure are grand.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Listening to my wife rip my son a new one for not fully participating in online school.  Work from home and school from home sure are grand.
    Has she gotten to “go talk to your Dad” yet?
  • EzraBrooks
    EzraBrooks Posts: 395
    Has she gotten to “go talk to your Dad” yet?
    No, but I got vented at pretty hard afterward.  Good thing I'm not a newbie husband during all this, learned a long time ago to nod and agree.
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 846
    WeberWho said:
    No sale or sign listed on these guys. I picked them up for .98/lb at Hyvee. I told my wife I picked up three more pork shoulders. Her response, "Can you stop buying those". (After I bought some for the deep freeze last week) A deal is a deal.

Looks like I need to check our local Hyvee
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,592
    WeberWho said:
    No sale or sign listed on these guys. I picked them up for .98/lb at Hyvee. I told my wife I picked up three more pork shoulders. Her response, "Can you stop buying those". (After I bought some for the deep freeze last week) A deal is a deal.

I'm with you man. It's the only reason we have a deep freeze.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    fishless, I have a Citicard through Costco. App on my phone, and it has been hacked twice.  Absolutely no problems getting it straight.  At the time I was commuting almost 100 miles a day to work, got all my gas at Costco.  When I explained to to the fraud lady that it was my gas card, they overnited the new card to me.  Of course, _____ put it in the mailbox, ¼ mile up the drive way from the house...
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    We have two thick bone-in pork chops marinating in chipotles in adobo sauce, going on the small for early supper.  When I opened the can, I almost swooned! The smell and flavor were over the top!   Why did i wait so long?   Pics to come if I don't forget.
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia