Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208
    Botch said:

Ha! Our local rock radio station says that statement in their radio channel plug. 

Their other one is something like, "If your road trip snacks doesn't look like you gave a a 10 year old $100 you're doing something wrong."
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Just took the truck through the car wash. 

Forgot I bought grass fertilizer and a bag of Rockwood during lunch. 

DOH!
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Buying lift tickets/equipment rentals for the family ski trip the week between Christmas and New Year. 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,595
    @northGAcock    Robin we doing ok here. Good to hear from you. Saw you moved ... hope you all are settled till you retire.  Take care... 

Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,486
    edited August 2020
    Campaigning for Zoom participation Friday night with those across the pond.  Just do it! A great time, every time! Linked here:

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001
    TTC said:
    Buying lift tickets/equipment rentals for the family ski trip the week between Christmas and New Year. 
    Colorado again?  
    They do have the world's second-best snow....  :tongue:  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,129
    Trying something new tonight. Big Mac sloppy Joes!! Onion rings in the new air fryer were a nice combo 

How could you possibly, force yourself to eat that....bet that did not suck....looking good.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• TTC said:
    We are thinking about Montana this year after several years in Breck / Copper Mountain. Any good recs?
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,493
    Reading about an IU PHD student researcher from China who was recently arrested by the FBI for being a spy for the PLA. He worked in the school know for AI and Machine Learning... 👀
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 846
    lkapigian said:
    Practicing for tomorrows Zoom

Dang, you got this down.  Charcuterie is kind of like chips and salsa at a good Mexican restaurant, I’ll keep eating it as long as they keep bringing it.
  • TTC
    edited August 2020
    Botch said:
    TTC said:
    Colorado again?  
    They do have the world's second-best snow....  :tongue:  
    Colorado always when taking all five of us. Living in Nashville = convenience and cost of multiple daily direct flights on multiple carriers to DIA. Only one daily direct flight to SLC and it is always pricey. 

And if I’m taking two flights you can guarantee I’m going to Telluride, I know Utah has phenomenal slopes and resorts but it ain’t Telluride 😎

Ikon pass 

• TTC
    edited August 2020
    TTC said:
    We are thinking about Montana this year after several years in Breck / Copper Mountain. Any good recs?
    Big Sky for all ability levels. Jackson Hole / Grand Targhee if you have all advanced skiers

Ikon pass 

• EzraBrooks
    EzraBrooks Posts: 395
    Lit said:
    Amazed at how smart my little girl is. She would have been starting kindergarten this year and can read and write regular and in cursive. We get email updates throughout the day with what they are working on. Shes 5 and a half.
    This is pretty amazing considering how ignorant her father is.  Intelligence must skip a generation.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    Lit said:
    Amazed at how smart my little girl is. She would have been starting kindergarten this year and can read and write regular and in cursive. We get email updates throughout the day with what they are working on. Shes 5 and a half.

i cant read my own writing at times, i could be writing in chinese when im looking back at my notes. very impressive
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    eating a new england gorton sandwich on canadian white

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • anyone going to pony up $300 for a battery operated Looflighter? It is good "up to" 10 lights per charge (which means more like 4-5).

By my math $300 is 649,253 starts with a paper towel and lighter. Seems like a good value to me.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,606
    anyone going to pony up $300 for a battery operated Looflighter? It is good "up to" 10 lights per charge (which means more like 4-5).

By my math $300 is 649,253 starts with a paper towel and lighter. Seems like a good value to me.

Nope, my regular cord Looftlighter works just fine. I have paper towels for power outages.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,017
    Did you factor in the cost of charging ?
    Not a felon
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 23,130
    edited August 2020
    Legume said:
    Did you factor in the cost of charging ?

i did not. And I'm sure the battery is $100 when you need to replace it every year.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,017
    edited August 2020
    Is there a holster?  It really needs to be hooked to a belt to complete the look.
    Not a felon
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 846
    Note to self - do not crush and handle garlic before putting your contacts in 😭.