Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Note to self - do not crush and handle garlic before putting your contacts in 😭.

better than habaneros but still not fun.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I will add that if any of you show up to an event with a $300 looflighter, I will mercilessly ridicule you. And it the battery dies when you are trying to use it, I will make T-Shirts with your face on them and a mylooflighterdied troll account to haunt you until I die.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 839
    Options
    Note to self - do not crush and handle garlic before putting your contacts in 😭.

better than habaneros but still not fun.
    Agreed - I usually wear gloves handling peppers and avoid my eyes diligently, the garlic caught me sleeping.  Worth a good laugh at myself.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Options
    anyone going to pony up $300 for a battery operated Looflighter? It is good "up to" 10 lights per charge (which means more like 4-5).

By my math $300 is 649,253 starts with a paper towel and lighter. Seems like a good value to me.

I was going to buy one but they have the stones to charge separately for a case??? Screw that!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    anyone going to pony up $300 for a battery operated Looflighter? It is good "up to" 10 lights per charge (which means more like 4-5).

By my math $300 is 649,253 starts with a paper towel and lighter. Seems like a good value to me.

I was going to buy one but they have the stones to charge separately for a case??? Screw that!
    But you could make your neighbor jealous with a slick case!!!
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Grading python routines written by students.  It appears to be too much to ask that they check that their routines at least run before they turn them into me to grade.  
    You expect them to compile it, run it, and debug it? My God man, have you lost your mind?
    :)
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options

Replacing breakers 

Filling sand boxes
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Replacing breakers 

Pacific Gas & Electric ??
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    Chicken thighs 

Nice colour. I'd hate to see that plate tip over though  =)
    canuckland
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Do any of you know what this is? I will tell you what it is not. At first glance it certainly looks like an antique anal discombobulator. But unfortunately it is not. Anyone recognize it?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    SGH said:
    Do any of you know what this is? I will tell you what it is not. At first glance it certainly looks like an antique anal discombobulator. But unfortunately it is not. Anyone recognize it?

That's an anal transmogrifier.  And not antique, they're still being made in Peoria IL.  
    Mine is more of a bluish tint, however.  :confused:

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,079
    Options
    SGH said:

I do not recognize it.  Having a like for trivia I'll take a guess, electrical suppressor?
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    Having a like for trivia I'll take a guess, electrical suppressor?
    I’m kind of trivia/history buff myself. However it is not an electrical suppressor. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    SGH said:

I do not recognize it.  Having a like for trivia I'll take a guess, electrical suppressor?
    Knowing Scotty it’s either something to do with ANUS or shaving
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    You found your brisket?  :lol:  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Fertilising female bitter melon flower, yes it's flower sex and I'm the facilitator  :)

canuckland
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 839
    Options
    Digging in downspout pop ups. Ground is hard but it’s a cool 83 degrees and breezy today.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    kl8ton said:

Replacing breakers 

What do you mean?   The breaker is from a power pedestal at a campsite. Fried. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Doing the Avett Bro’s live stream tonight. Welcome to the new version of concerts. 

Silver lining the beer line is shorter and there is never more than one in front of me for the bathrooms. 
    Greensboro, NC
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,355
    Options
    Roasting chilies
    Las Vegas, NV

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    JFC- That is an off the chain/chart outcome right there.  Even with the plate taking the 90*'s off.  Nailed that finish.  Totally understanding the scallops end-game.  Just beautiful.   
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,759
    Options
    Curing egg yolks , hope the cure penetrates the shell ok 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,896
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    SamIAm2 said:
    kl8ton said:

Replacing breakers 

What do you mean?   The breaker is from a power pedestal at a campsite. Fried. 
    Sorry @kl8ton - meant to type Federal Pacific Electric breaker not PG&E.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.