Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,606
    Waiting for the dentist local anesthesia to wear off. I am hungry but I don’t want to bite my tongue or cheek. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,977
    SciAggie said:
    Trying to come up with a relatively simple real-world example that gives rise to a nonlinear system of equations, for my class.  
    I'm spitballing here. What about for a certain conical cross section of a wine/champagne glass, how tall would it need to be to hold x ounces of wine?
    That the kind of thing we're talking about?
    This would have been fine, I was just trying to find something that represented a nonlinear system - so, more than one unknown.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    edited August 2020
    SciAggie said:
    Trying to come up with a relatively simple real-world example that gives rise to a nonlinear system of equations, for my class.  
    I'm spitballing here. What about for a certain conical cross section of a wine/champagne glass, how tall would it need to be to hold x ounces of wine?
    That the kind of thing we're talking about?
    This would have been fine, I was just trying to find something that represented a nonlinear system - so, more than one unknown.  
    Maybe I just needed a reason to think about adult beverages. I know you really don’t need any help from me, lol. 
    I need to examine this experimentally instead of mathematically. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • gonepostal
    gonepostal Posts: 712
    @Gulfcoastguy I'm sorry to hear about your level of non service from the USPS. If I found myself in your shoes regarding the constant delivery errors, I would feel the same way. I would make a trip to your local PO and ask to speak with a supervisor/manager. And after explaining what has obviously been going on for quite awhile, I would ask them to place a "daily reminder card" for your address to be placed in that carrier's case. In summary, your carrier sucks  :)
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001
    JohnInCarolina said:
    t can be described as one.  You want to run a zip line across your back yard between two trees.  If you know the weight of the cable, what kind of tension do you need to put into it to prevent it from drooping too low somewhere in the middle?  
    Once I worked the problem in Statics (much easier than non-linear systems) it amused me at how many artists and "mall art stores" would string the hanging wire behind the frame, essentially straight.  :glasses:    

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    Legume said:
    Oh.  I thought you said real world problem.
    It can be described as one.  You want to run a zip line across your back yard between two trees.  If you know the weight of the cable, what kind of tension do you need to put into it to prevent it from drooping too low somewhere in the middle?  
    I am building a zip line!   I was going to use T&E for cable tension.   I am waiting on my 6x6 steel uprights to get delivered after powder coat.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,486
    Acn said:
    Acn said:
    School starts tomorrow.  Duck is SWMBO, Jr’s favorite, so I’m cooking duck tonight.

Just because this, while cooked on a gas side burner, is awesome!
    The Weber side burner is just the easiest way to do it.  One of the reasons I’ll never be without a gas grill.  Nothing plated, but here’s the finish.  Imagine with black eyed peas and sautéed cabbage.

@Acn- great outcome right there.  BTW- plated is for the artists amongst us.  
    The money shot is for the results and that tells the story.  Nailed it.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,030
    Acn said:
    Tonight was just a quick carbonara.

My pancetta will be ready next week, this is tops on the list , great looking cook 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • @gonepostal no big deal, just toss it back in and raise the flag.  My neighbor brought over a W2 one time.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• @gonepostal our rural mail lady just retired and her replacement has been good so far, (younger and bought a vintage RH drive jeep) although she asked if she can put packages in unlocked cars... I said yeah, ups does.  With regards to the lady that retired, last winter I called the post office and asked that our delivery lady could pay special attention to the mail because we had important tax papers coming. She said we weren't the first to call.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,458

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • @gonepostal our rural mail lady just retired and her replacement has been good so far, (younger and bought a vintage RH drive jeep) although she asked if she can put packages in unlocked cars... I said yeah, ups does.  With regards to the lady that retired, last winter I called the post office and asked that our delivery lady could pay special attention to the mail because we had important tax papers coming. She said we weren't the first to call.
    When I got divorced from #1 she put in a change of address with the PO for "individual only." The rural carrier forwarded everything to the ex's new house. My bank changed my address in their records and most of my mail was going to her. I remember eventually having to stop by the bank in person to have that corrected. And it continued even after I called the PO. 

My example of the letter that I picked up on my route today was one that I left on Saturday. They have quite a few last names at that house and I wasn't positive that it belonged there. It didn't. They obviously dropped it off in a blue box and it showed back up in my mail today with the nice note. The thought of putting it in their mailbox again today made me laugh but of course I didn't. Slow Monday for me.
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Choripan in the house. 

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  I want your sausage in my mouth.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    Matt.....don't leave me hanging. Account or No account?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • WeberWho said:

It's called Economies of Scale.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • Trying to come up with a relatively simple real-world example that gives rise to a nonlinear system of equations, for my class.  
    Cost per sq inch of pizza as you go from 12" to 18".
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,458
    Prime 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534

Wow!!! 
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    Prime 
    A trip to FM is in my future.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    edited September 2020
    if you have a small garden i highly recommend this tomato variety, San Marzano Redorta, plants are over 10 feet high, some tomatoes coming in are about as big as a beer can. its a plum variety for sauce that also eats well off the vine. very sweet tasting. they are growing well in zone 5 maine
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    edited September 2020
    Instapot brisket beets

canuckland