Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Eoin said:
    Caipirinhas are the best drink (current favourite).

Whoever flagged this as spam, you rumbled me, I'm just a shill for the Brazilian rum industry.  Nearly 4 years building up credibility before I got the promo in, and I got found out first time.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,126
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:
    Curing egg yolks , hope the cure penetrates the shell ok 

7 days 

In the chamber for another week

I am not familiar with curing in the shell, I usually see the yolks taken out and cured.  How well.does it work in the shell?

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,030
    edited September 2020
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:
    Curing egg yolks , hope the cure penetrates the shell ok 

7 days 

In the chamber for another week

I am not familiar with curing in the shell, I usually see the yolks taken out and cured.  How well.does it work in the shell?
    Lol  =)  I was just making divots in the salt to put the yolks in 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    Bored, no uhmmm, no Really?, no It’s indefensible, someone start a new thread please  =)
    canuckland
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    love it @GATraveller. Finally going to get some lake time with my crew tomorrow 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • Bored, no uhmmm, no Really?, no It’s indefensible, someone start a new thread please  =)
    You wish has been granted. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    Bored, no uhmmm, no Really?, no It’s indefensible, someone start a new thread please  =)
    You wish has been granted. 
    Thanks!
    canuckland
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Watching Padres-A’s. I think MLB should remove all safety nets and give batters prizes for foul balls that hit pre-placed targets in the stands. And remove the canned crowd noise. 
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    Got part of the way done with my deer stand. Over halfway done. It’s hot, I’m spent. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001
    ColbyLang said:
    Got part of the way done with my deer stand. Over halfway done. It’s hot, I’m spent. 

I grew up in Sioux Falls, was stationed at Grand Forks for 3 years, spent many weekends in central/north Minnesota, and have seen many, many deer stands.  Yours is nicer than my house!  

Where do you live, Colby?  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• ColbyLang
    Botch said:
    ColbyLang said:

I grew up in Sioux Falls, was stationed at Grand Forks for 3 years, spent many weekends in central/north Minnesota, and have seen many, many deer stands.  Yours is nicer than my house!  

Lafayette, Louisiana 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,001
    ColbyLang said:
    Botch said:
    ColbyLang said:

Lafayette, Louisiana 
    So, do one of those cutouts get an A/C unit?   =)

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• ColbyLang
    Botch said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Botch said:
    ColbyLang said:

Lafayette, Louisiana 
    That would be nice. We joke, I’ve got a friend who has a solar panel, that charges a battery to feed an inverter to a 19 TV with a digital antenna. I have watched TV while hunting!
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Cuttin grass

Nice place. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    ColbyLang said:
    Botch said:
    ColbyLang said:
    Botch said:
    ColbyLang said:

Lafayette, Louisiana 
    That would be nice. We joke, I’ve got a friend who has a solar panel, that charges a battery to feed an inverter to a 19 TV with a digital antenna. I have watched TV while hunting!
    Lol, My neighbor's is the same way.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Contemplating a bit of day drinking, egg is lit so why not😉
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Enjoying an absolutely beautiful Sunday here in the Cackalacky.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Contemplating a bit of day drinking, egg is lit so why not😉

Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Just came back from Whalemart. My two options are making cookies or pressure washing and. Edging the driveways and sidewalk. Decisions, decisions!
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,485
    Contemplating a bit of day drinking, egg is lit so why not😉
    You need to adopt and then following the following house rules:
    Light the BGE (or any outside cooker) means time for an adult supervisory beverage.  Food on-time for an adult supervisory beverage, then as dictated by the circumstances.  Always good to go! 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171

Had to pee?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow