Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,030
    Botch said:
    It's going to be ugly tonight. Freak storm, expecting 85-mph winds; and Hwy 6 and I-84 westbound are at a standstill, full of marginally-experienced drivers hauling big boats and campers, coming home from the holiday.  Yikes.  
    Stay safe ...
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian

• This opossum and a skunk got into squabbles about 3am this morning in my crawl space. Wife thought it was a gas leak. 

I haven’t been under the house to see who won but I can tell you who lost...

This guy. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• SGH said:
    Just scored another AR. Not the one I wanted. But all things considered you can’t be to picky at the moment. 

But Why?
    What is the purpose of owning a gun like that? Protection?
    I just don't understand. Maybe it's a culteral difference...
    No disrespect to you... but to me those kind of weapons only belong in a war zone. I am the son of a Canadian Military Force soldier and I can remember the exact moment that my father told me to avoid the CAF at all costs. He died about 7 years ago due to complications of his service in Bosnia on a "Peace Keeping Mission" in 93/94. 
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    Some simple roast beef and gravy po boys for dinner.

Keep that up and you win the Internet.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    Smoked a SRF Kurobuta rack of pork last night, Cooked per their directions at 250 until 140 and seared. Fed 10 happy people, great flavor. Didn’t get pics of wonderful desserts.

My invite must be late arriving. D@mn USPS. 
    You went and moved to Georgia on me!
    I left bread crumbs. I can find my way back. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @SGH I also will have a freezer delivered next week that will become a curing chamber. I’ll be able to stuff bung and cure it. 

Would that be classified as a want or a necessity?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    SciAggie said:
    @SGH I also will have a freezer delivered next week that will become a curing chamber. I’ll be able to stuff bung and cure it. 

Would that be classified as a want or a necessity?
    Anything bung related is definitely a necessity 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @SGH I thought that might be your opinion, lol.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    Is that a brisket in a crock pot @nolaegghead?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    ColbyLang said:
    Is that a brisket in a crock pot @nolaegghead?
    I skinned and boned some chicken thighs.

@SGH

I thought guns would take third chair?  (Shaving & Overalls)
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton said:
    @SGH

Not to mention all of the anus he’s collected over the years...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    kl8ton said:
    @SGH

Brother overalls are definitely my favorite attire. No question about it and no competition. Shaving is certainly a way of life for me. But guns are numero uno. But that is definitely my big 3. When I shoot my guns I am definitely wearing overalls and fresh shaved. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH said:
    keener75 said:
    SGH said:
    Just scored another AR. Not the one I wanted. But all things considered you can’t be to picky at the moment. 

But Why?
    I just don't understand. 
    I will try to explain it in a way that may or may not make sense. Most things in life are not a need, they are a want. I will try to give a few examples that you might can relate to. 
    I do not “need” a boat. Yet I have one because I enjoy it. I do not “need” a F250 diesel but I have one because I like it. I certainly do not need 12 smokers. Yet I have them simply because I enjoy them. 
    Guns have always been my first love. I love just about every type of gun there is. Do I need this AR15 or any of the other AR-15’s and AR10’s that I own? No, not really. But I simply want them. 
    People spend thousands of dollars on things they like and enjoy. Golf being a good example. I would rather be beat to death than to watch or play golf. Yet other people love it. So I do understand when they spend big money on golf related crap. It’s just not for me. Of all the hobbies I have had through the years, guns has always remained number one. To put it as simple as I can, I simply love and enjoy guns. 
    I have many guns, smokers and vast other things I could list that I do not need. But I want everyone of them and thus I have them. 
    Hope this helps a little. 
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,124
    SGH said:
    keener75 said:
    SGH said:

But Why?
    I just don't understand. 
    I will try to explain it in a way that may or may not make sense. Most things in life are not a need, they are a want. I will try to give a few examples that you might can relate to. 
    I do not “need” a boat. Yet I have one because I enjoy it. I do not “need” a F250 diesel but I have one because I like it. I certainly do not need 12 smokers. Yet I have them simply because I enjoy them. 
    Guns have always been my first love. I love just about every type of gun there is. Do I need this AR15 or any of the other AR-15’s and AR10’s that I own? No, not really. But I simply want them. 
    People spend thousands of dollars on things they like and enjoy. Golf being a good example. I would rather be beat to death than to watch or play golf. Yet other people love it. So I do understand when they spend big money on golf related crap. It’s just not for me. Of all the hobbies I have had through the years, guns has always remained number one. To put it as simple as I can, I simply love and enjoy guns. 
    I have many guns, smokers and vast other things I could list that I do not need. But I want everyone of them and thus I have them. 
    Hope this helps a little. 
    I know a guy with patents on a dual AR15 gattling gun setup. He could probably build you one.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• SGH
    I know a guy with patents on a dual AR15 gattling gun setup. He could probably build you one.
    I have a feeling that is a little out of my price range my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,124
    SGH said:
    I have a feeling that is a little out of my price range my friend. 
    You better order it before Nov.  You can always make more money ... Well, maybe not after Nov either.  This is a real pickle my friend.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Wondering what @Sea2Ski is DRN
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Labor Day jalapeño Burger..
    My co-workers are wondering why I’m drooling on my desk.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • Wondering what @Sea2Ski is DRN
    Yeah, unusual for him to have been absent for so long.  He's probably fishing off the Amalfi coast or something.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Labor Day jalapeño Burger..
    Very nice! I want one now.