Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,030
    Wondering what @Sea2Ski is DRN
    hope ok, I have text him a couple times have not heard back 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,124

Thanks @nolaegghead Bridget makes the most comfortable masks please pass our appreciation along to her.  I had a real scare on Sunday I didn’t have a mask so didn’t buy beer, now I can keep one in every vehicle.
    You can just give a $20 to the kids with masks.  They will go in and pick up the beer for you.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380

Thanks @nolaegghead Bridget makes the most comfortable masks please pass our appreciation along to her.  I had a real scare on Sunday I didn’t have a mask so didn’t buy beer, now I can keep one in every vehicle.
    You can just give a $20 to the kids with masks.  They will go in and pick up the beer for you.
    On the Outer Banks of North Carolina you don't even need to leave your car to get your beer - Brew Thru's for the win! Possibly North Carolinas greatest invention.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Yeah we have those in a few towns around me... "what can I get you" umm you have any IPA? "what the hecks that? we got bud, bud light, coors, miller, miller light" you get the idea.
      There is a IGA in another town that has a walk in, and one wall is all local and micro brews.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

•  The bottle kids @Ozzie_Isaac ?
    Bottlekids GIF  Gfycat
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Legume said:

Best kind of snow - roads/sidewalks stay clear but everything else looks pretty.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,015
    Wet and heavy snow.  Been dropping for a while but just started to stick and a few spots on the path have already iced.

Pup had a good time.  Just six months old now, so first snow.
    Not a felon
  • Legume said:
    Wet and heavy snow.  Been dropping for a while but just started to stick and a few spots on the path have already iced.

I remember my dogs first and only experience with snow. He was 4. He was a little nervous at first then he loved it. Might also be his last snow down here.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    Legume said:

Where are you?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,015
    kl8ton said:
    Legume said:

Where are you?
    Boulder, CO
    Not a felon
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    My Grandson Colton wanted to do some ribs today. So we used the PBC and turned out some good ones. Used Dizzy Dust
    for rub and 1/2 Blue Hogs original and 1/2 Blue Hog Tennessee Red for Sauce... @YukonRon we are hooked on Blues Hog lately.. good stuff..

That young man is getting taller and looks like astrong stout young man. Ribs look awesome.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    I just scored a very nice Bastard cut Arkansas Black. 

The finish needs a little touch up, but for what I paid for it it’s actually better quality than I expected. Normally on the el cheapos you have to reface them and flatten them. This one needs just some minor touch up. Thought some of you Arkansas users might like to see a true bastard stone. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120

That's just offensive on so many levels.   B)
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    SGH said:

The finish needs a little touch up, but for what I paid for it it’s actually better quality than I expected. Normally on the el cheapos you have to reface them and flatten them. This one needs just some minor touch up. Thought some of you Arkansas users might like to see a true bastard stone. 

have bastard files, never heard of it on a stone
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SGH
    TN_Egger said:

That's just offensive on so many levels.   B)
    Sorry. That’s what it is called because of the combination of black and translucent novaculite. If it contained more translucent novaculite than black novaculite it would be a Translucent bastard. This one just happens to contain more black novaculite so hence its name. Black bastard stone. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    I also have a True Hard. I wonder if that offends anyone? 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    I might even have soft I can whip out  :D

Status- Standing by.

• To all the people that have been PMng me complaining about SGH ruining the forum, at least he has the stones to post where it’s visible.  You can see them both, right there ^
  • SGH
    edited September 2020
    have bastard files, never heard of it on a stone
    Brother less, you do not hear that nomenclature much anymore. But if you remember back to Norton’s (or to whoever’s) catalog from the 70’s or older, stones with different structures was called “Bastards” or “Bastard Cut”. 
    It could be a Bastard soft, hard, black or translucent. 

Status- Standing by.

• Got my flu shot.  Oh, the pain!
    I did the same at Walgreens about 3 PM today. Looks like the same bandaid. Talked to the child giving me the shot about the rona vaccines. She said that they had heard around November. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Got my flu shot.  Oh, the pain!
    I did the same at Walgreens about 3 PM today. Looks like the same bandaid. Talked to the child giving me the shot about the rona vaccines. She said that they had heard around November. 
    I hope they come out with a safe effective virus asap.

Yep, Walgreens.  Had to pick up some weird drug my dr prescribed for me today.  Thought, why not.  Free with insurance. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Boy when the Tatonkin moves, he moveth quickly.  Poof.
    No joke