Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This Friday: Join Us for a Special Zoom Session with our Egghead Friends Across the Pond

Options
Happy to announce that we'll be holding another special version of our usual Zoom session this Friday with our Egghead friends from the UK: @Eoin and @CPFC1905, and @Stormbringer.   An open invite to @TheToast as well.  Doors will open at 5pm Eastern.  I expect our friends over there to be at least a few drafts into things before we get started, so this promises to be a lively session.  

The link to the Zoom session is the same one we've been using all along:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89600782373

The password is the same as well.  DM me or one of the regulars if you don't have it, and we'll make sure it gets to you.  

Anyone new here is welcome to join as well if you've ever been curious about these or just want to meet some of the resident curmudgeons.  
"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,381
    Options
    Since I was scheduled out of the first one across the pond, I am on for this one.  Thanks @JohnInCarolina for setting this up.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Not sure I'll be able to make it, but will try. pw please.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    I need to make one of these
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Since I was scheduled out of the first one across the pond, I am on for this one.  Thanks @JohnInCarolina for setting this up.
    Da....who would take notes? Hope all is well with you my friend.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Carolina Q the PW has been sent.  Hope you can make it.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Da....who would take notes? Hope all is well with you my friend.
    I didn't get to that Zoom session til around 10 PM so I'm sure I missed many epic topics.  
    A similar deal is on the horizon for the Sep 4th session.  I doubt I will make that one but have complete confidence that all will turn out just fine.  
  • lousubcap
    Options
    This Friday will likely become a double header unless the Pond session goes deep into extra innings.  Game two will get going around 9 PM (EDT) or 2 AM (BST).  
    Worth the price of admission.  
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    In
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Found this article today that may be worth a casual conversation Friday (keeping politics and religion out of it):
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/coronavirus-uk-eat-out-help-out/2020/08/21/b9f72d60-e23d-11ea-82d8-5e55d47e90ca_story.html?utm_source=nextdraft&utm_medium=email FWIW-
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    I'm in
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Found this article today that may be worth a casual conversation Friday (keeping politics and religion out of it):
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/coronavirus-uk-eat-out-help-out/2020/08/21/b9f72d60-e23d-11ea-82d8-5e55d47e90ca_story.html?utm_source=nextdraft&utm_medium=email FWIW-

I'll save you a browser history scrubbing. Do not google "eat out to help out" and do not visit eatouttohelpout.com. You are welcome.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    lousubcap said:

I'll save you a browser history scrubbing. Do not google "eat out to help out" and do not visit eatouttohelpout.com. You are welcome.
    Your martyrdom knows no bounds.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    This Friday will likely become a double header unless the Pond session goes deep into extra innings.  Game two will get going around 9 PM (EDT) or 2 AM (BST).  
    Worth the price of admission.  
    I clocked out at 2 AM last time, not sure I'll get that far this week.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Sorry, I'll be out of pocket and will have to miss it.

Cheers, and I hope we have many members enjoying British beer like the last time we got together with them!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    You guys will get a kick out of this I think.  My wife borrowed my Zoom account to join a Zoom meeting run by a local church.   See turned her video off and take a look at what the other attendees got to see:

Some of the folks on the call have to be thinking "who the heck is this lady with the DEVIL Zoom on a CHURCH call?!?!?"
    So it must have been some remote church where people wouldn't recognize the local university mascot....
    Options
    You guys will get a kick out of this I think.  My wife borrowed my Zoom account to join a Zoom meeting run by a local church.   See turned her video off and take a look at what the other attendees got to see:

Some of the folks on the call have to be thinking "who the heck is this lady with the DEVIL Zoom on a CHURCH call?!?!?"
    So it must have been some remote church where people wouldn't recognize the local university mascot....
    That was a joke.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    P/W sent.  Be there, aloha!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Try texting me. Your PM did not come. Since the forum changed a while back I get some PM’s but not all of them. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to which ones I get and which ones I do not. 
    228-627-5400

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    Got a PM from brother Cap. But none from you 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    Options
    No worries-he has the PW.
    Paging all you shaver wannabes-Friday night you get the chance to meet and talk with the master.  He!!, could roll into bib overalls and anus... the scope and depth of the session are unbounded right now.  Fasten your seat belt as I am sure it will be quite an enjoyable ride.  FWIW-
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Bump to the front page. 
    This is a golden opportunity to really expand your horizon.  Give it a go. 5 PM (EDT) start but will run for quite a few hours at a minimum with our friends across the pond and then as attrition sets in (never mind the toll of adult beverages and time) I'm sure more Yanks will roll in.  The bar has socially distanced seating and, to date open capacity.  No masking required to participate.
    Reminder: politics and religion are off-limits.
    Hope to "see" many on Friday 8/28. 
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    Five eastern is pretty early here on the left coast, and I will be gone for the day. Will this session still be populated (with anyone sober) by the normal starting time? Sorry to miss those on the other side of the pond.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Yno said:
    Five eastern is pretty early here on the left coast, and I will be gone for the day. Will this session still be populated (with anyone sober) by the normal starting time? Sorry to miss those on the other side of the pond.
    My plan is to drop in @ 5 hang out w the UK guys, take a break and rejoin 10ish est.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    Yno said:
    If I recall correctly, the last time we did this (with the early start and our friends in the UK), the session was still going strong at 9pm Eastern.  In fact I think it stretched well into the night.  
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    Yno said:
    If I recall correctly, the last time we did this (with the early start and our friends in the UK), the session was still going strong at 9pm Eastern.  In fact I think it stretched well into the night.  
    I'm on the west coast, I like the earlier time.......same password?
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • FlyOverCountry
    Options
    I might be able to join in this week if I get off work at a descent hour.  Can someone send me the password?
  • SGH
    Options
    The pw is Anus69
    That is definitely what it should be  :D

Status- Standing by.