Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations - Congrats on the move and the new job.  Trust all is going well.
    If you walk fast enough you can catch up with the Zoom around 9PM (EDT) tonight.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    bucky925 said:
    Just started our 4 day holiday weekend with a meal at our favorite restaurant .   The food is outstanding, my only complaint is the skimpy wine pour.  =)

Were you expecting a mason jar? Come on up, I will fill your red dixie cup.

Dude I have had "fishbowl" margaritas that were not that big.

Happy 4th my friend.
    Unfiltered, unfined?
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    Legume said:
    johnnyp said:
    Mail call 

I put holy voodoo on everything. Skillet potatoes. You are welcome. 

Can’t wait to hear how the Texas Tandoori is although I think @caliking would string me up if I bought a bottled tandoor rub. 
    I wonder if they measure anything when they make that rub.
    The fact you all believe @caliking doesn't measure is funny.  He just doesn't want to share the secrets.
    I’ve seen it live. Dude does not measure. 
    Neither did my grandmother. She could make the worlds best biscuits using just her hand for measuring.
  • CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options

Beef stir fry tonight 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    The South Dakota Governor has a very high level of patriotism!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Legume said:
    johnnyp said:
    Mail call 

Can’t wait to hear how the Texas Tandoori is although I think @caliking would string me up if I bought a bottled tandoor rub. 
    The fact you all believe @caliking doesn't measure is funny.  He just doesn't want to share the secrets.
    Nope, not the case here. Trying to remember what/how much I added of whatever is the issue =)

baking is an entirely different matter. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    caliking said:
    Legume said:
    johnnyp said:
    Mail call 

Nope, not the case here. Trying to remember what/how much I added of whatever is the issue =)

baking is an entirely different matter. 
    That's why Anne does the baking in this house, she's happy measuring stuff, I'm not.
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,269
    edited July 2020
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @GrateEggspectations - Congrats on the move and the new job.  Trust all is going well.
    If you walk fast enough you can catch up with the Zoom around 9PM (EDT) tonight.   B)
    Thanks so much, Frank. It’s all been an adjustment, but overwhelmingly positive. Haven’t been on the forum much as of late because things have been so hectic. Hope that you and the family are keeping well. Thought that I saw a thread commenced about your son and a pellet grill. Where did you go wrong? 😉😉

Sorry I missed out on the Zoom. Had promised my wife that we’d get Indian takeout and share a glass of wine after the kids were down. Although knowing some of the guys on the forum, there’s a good chance the session and associated shenanigans is still in progress. 🙂
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Btw, congrats to @Ozzie_Isaac on the wicked reinstatement of his epic thread. Hadn’t even seen that developing given I haven’t been around. Well warranted! Now let’s not have it happen again. 🙃
  • thetrim
    Options
    Just showing off some masterful No name plastic wrap work.  If you were in last nights zoom call, you’d get the inside joke.  

XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @SGH Great looking spread of food. 
    @caliking I’m going to go out on a limb here. I’m going to suggest that random pouring of ingredients into whatever SS “measuring cup” is handy - as opposed to the palm of your hand - is not how the rest of the world measures... 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @thetrim How many takes and yards wasted to get that pic??   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    Options
    One shot one kill @lousubcap
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    Dang shame we can't posit video on here.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    The slide cutter is straight voodoo
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    @SGH Great looking spread of food. 
    @caliking I’m going to go out on a limb here. I’m going to suggest that random pouring of ingredients into whatever SS “measuring cup” is handy - as opposed to the palm of your hand - is not how the rest of the world measures... 
    This is all so confusing to me... which is why I don't bother with it,  unless someone is breathing down my neck, waiting for numbers to put in a sausage  spreadsheet =)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @caliking I need an lol button. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,948
    Options
    Just taking a stroll with my wife, daughter and young son (not pictured; in Chariot I am pushing) in our new ‘hood.

Looks like a beautiful neighborhood.  Where are you folks located?  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Options
    For those who either GAF or don't- a new world record for Joey Chestnut and Nathan's July 4th Hot Dog eating contest.  75 hot dogs and buns inhaled in 12 minutes.  Better than one every 10 seconds.  Until next year.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Just taking a stroll with my wife, daughter and young son (not pictured; in Chariot I am pushing) in our new ‘hood.

Looks like a beautiful neighborhood.  Where are you folks located?  
    Thanks John! We’re in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada - the national capital - 5 mins from the heart of downtown. Stop by if ever you’re in town.

If I’m honest, I think we’re exceptionally lucky to have gotten into the pocket that we did. I don’t believe it would have worked out this way if not for COVID - that’s not to say that the pandemic is a good thing by any stretch; only that I think it played in our favour.