Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now? Mk2

Options

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,305
    Options
    Well I mowed the back yard. Then I grabbed some loppers and started cutting briars, poison oak, and other vines off of the side of the house. In the process I cut the wire going from my thermostat to the outside AC unit. Going to be hot around here until Monday. Fortunately I will be out of town from tomorrow afternoon until Monday afternoon. 
    The wires are all different colors, strip the shields and twist them together 
    Thanks, I will give it a shot in the morning. Not going to play with wires in the dark. 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,663
    Options
    Thermostat should be low voltage. But I would flip the breaker to your unit before proceeding. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    @lit sounds like you overreacted... shocker!
    Really? I lost at a minimum several thousand dollars on resale since it will show an accident and the POS took off
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Thanks, the breaker to the AC is actually outside. I am not an electrician but I imagine my house wiring is a kludge. The house was built in 1972. It already cost me a fortune to upgrade the roof . I eventually want an electric car and I imagine that will mean major rewiring.
  • JonWesson
    JonWesson Posts: 161
    Options
    Lit said:
    No i didn't want to sink this thread. Pretty **** situation im going to be out my deductible if they cant find this guy or he doesnt have insurance. I grabbed some beers and headed to the pool.
    who believe that?      you be titanic lit here now.      have picture of damage to see how bad is?      maybe is karma thing.
    large small and mini all in legal proceedings but i can use them for now no more, all gone                                                                                                                        usa somewhere on the road
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    A minor thing, after reading the last page.
    Today, I got a glorious sunburn.  The last 3 days I've been cleaning, paint-correcting, and ceramic-coating my car, fully cleaning the wheels, dressing the tires, etc.  She looks Purty!
    Today was a perfectly gorgeous day, and I put the top down and drove all over the place, maybe from 10 am to about 4 pm.  
    Right now I'm pretty red, haven't done that in awhile.  But, it feels good.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    ColtsFan said:
    Creekstone ribs. I'll post a thread about it later 😁
    I strongly dislike you and @thetrim  right now!  My ribs were scheduled to arrive Monday.  I got them Thursday at slightly less than room temp. That was to be my Father's Day cook.  That 5 letter delivery service must have dropped the ball.   Of course Creekstone made it right even though it wasn't on them.   They looked so good, when I called I went ahead and had them throw another slab in.

Dang, that blows....  They'll get there eventually, but still....  Really Sorry to hear that.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    Those looks great, @SciAggie!
    Stillwater, MN
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Lit said:
    Really? I lost at a minimum several thousand dollars on resale since it will show an accident and the POS took off
    For a guy who can’t stop telling everyone how great their life is you sure seem like miserable POS. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Lit said:
    For a guy who can’t stop telling everyone how great their life is you sure seem like miserable POS. 
    X
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Back at ya @lkapigian.  Hope you have a great one! 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,979
    Options
    Lit said:
    Just got rear ended by a jeep wrangler full of people whose lives matter. 
    Really man?  You just can’t help yourself, can you?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    I was slightly upset at the time. The whole hit and run thing will ruin your day.
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:
    I said that one time to a guy who was being a prick.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Lit said:
    Lit said:
    I was slightly upset at the time. The whole hit and run thing will ruin your day.
    Yes I understand that in their worst moments people show you who they really are. 

Sorry you got rear ended, but... Jesus.  After all that stuff that went down with you here on the forum last time that first line from you is something else.   
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Well I mowed the back yard. Then I grabbed some loppers and started cutting briars, poison oak, and other vines off of the side of the house. In the process I cut the wire going from my thermostat to the outside AC unit. Going to be hot around here until Monday. Fortunately I will be out of town from tomorrow afternoon until Monday afternoon. 
    Thanks, I will give it a shot in the morning. Not going to play with wires in the dark. 
    No joy.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Add solder and heat shrink and you have a permanent repair.
  • thetrim
    Options

XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options

@bucky925 ribs on.  See you in 5-6
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Thanks, the breaker to the AC is actually outside. I am not an electrician but I imagine my house wiring is a kludge. The house was built in 1972. It already cost me a fortune to upgrade the roof . I eventually want an electric car and I imagine that will mean major rewiring.
    I run my i3 on public charging, very occassionally using the 3 kW box to plug into a standard socket if I want 100% for a long trip. You can also wire solar directly into a charger at home.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,534
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Aw sh*t (sorry @caliking =) ) Lit got hit. 
    canuckland
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    Having having a plate of Schadenfreude for breakfast. Perfect consistency and tastes great

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Eoin said:
    I run my i3 on public charging, very occassionally using the 3 kW box to plug into a standard socket if I want 100% for a long trip. You can also wire solar directly into a charger at home.
    I live 3 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. A solar set up would need to go on the south face of the roof. The highest rated mounting system that I have found has been 135 mph. A system would run $10,000.00 and my typical electrical usage is $100.00 per month on the average. The math doesn't work out. Our local electricity is natural gas based with some contribution from solar voltaic fields owned by the utility so the pollution argument doesn't work either.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Eoin said:
    The 2 points with polution and an EV are:
    1. The overall efficiency of the vehicle is a lot higher than an IC engine.
    2. Once you are running an EV, any improvement in electricity generation mix from a renewables point of view is an instant gain. 

Wind and solar are big contributors here now, our mix is getting better all the time.
    EVs are the way of the future, no question.  Even putting aside the environmental impacts, they’re just a better product.