Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now? Mk2

Options

Comments

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    Dinner from the benefit. Wife went and ordered at 10 this morning for a 4 PM pick up.  Got there and there was a 100 yard long line outside the door. She still had to wait 10 minutes for the pickup. Awesome turnout. I love this community.
    My goodness. That looks unbelievable for an event fundraiser. Hope the rest of the efforts turned out as well as that plate looks.
    Stillwater, MN
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,364
    Options
    @lousubcap doing a no notice inspection of the local five letter shipping distro center...

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,369
    Options
    Dinner from the benefit. Wife went and ordered at 10 this morning for a 4 PM pick up.  Got there and there was a 100 yard long line outside the door. She still had to wait 10 minutes for the pickup. Awesome turnout. I love this community.
    My goodness. That looks unbelievable for an event fundraiser. Hope the rest of the efforts turned out as well as that plate looks.
    To be honest, they were doing there normal menu and all the profits went toward the fundraiser. We have 7 people in our house so we ended up ordering 5 pounds of meat and the sides. All in all it was delicious and went to a worthy cause.
    Las Vegas, NV

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,821
    Options
    just looked at facebook, most of my new friends suggestions are from the Poltava Oblast region in the ukraine =)wtf

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • thetrim
    Options

XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,357
    Options
    Got called out on a job at 2:10 on a Friday. F@!k...I was about to end my work week 😒
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• thetrim
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Got called out on a job at 2:10 on a Friday. F@!k...I was about to end my work week 😒

If it makes you feel any better, I just got booked for a 0800 Saturday appointment...
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Fixing to touch up some breaking knives.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Sliced up some habaneros to top my pizza. Then a quick trip to the loo before inserting pizza into the Ooni. Ohhh...shoulda washed my hands before going. No pics but it did happen!
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,576
    Options
    From the care package @caliking personally delivered last year, good stuff. Thanks Ashish.

canuckland
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    SGH said:
    Fixing to touch up some breaking knives.  

What are we breaking down is what I want to know...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • TN_Egger
    Options
    wings

Signal Mountain, TN
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    On sale was leg quarters and old pork. Yum!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Do we have a good beef ribs guy, here? I have a trimming question and could use one you smaht kids. 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,677
    Options
    @johnnyp I pull the membrane and trim dam near all the fat off when I cook them.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• shtgunal3
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Did some ABTs (some w pimento cheese, some w cream cheese).  

I’ve never thought about pimento cheese in an ABT. How was it?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    edited June 2020
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    @johnnyp I pull the membrane and trim dam near all the fat off when I cook them.
    I guess I’ll throw my specific question out. 

Fast forward to 11:30 in the video. The butcher instructor talks about an outer fascia-like muscle that needs to be removed to complete the trimming. 

I grabbed these plate ribs from from my butcher today. They have a layer that I’m not sure how to identify. Does this top layer need to be trimmed off? 

Sorry for the mass tagging, I can’t remember who the big beef rib aficionados are, but I think I’ve seen y’all post on the topic. @The Cen-Tex Smoker @lousubcap @Nature Boy @SciAggie  @shtgunal3 . Anyone is free to engage in the conversation, though 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • shtgunal3
    Options
    Sorry Johnny. I’m no help. I’ve always done short ribs.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,493
    Options
    I have frequently posted on the topic but have not acquired beef ribs with what it appears you have and is mentioned in the video.  I would trim at least a ribs worth and see what the remaining rib looks like.  If it looks like a "beef rib-aka dino bone" then trim the remainder but I would also smoke the trimmed sections just to see how they turn out.  Toothpick for the win and the ribs look great.  Best of luck and no butcher here.  FWIW-
    Wherever you end up-always remove the membrane against the bone.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,733
    Options
    From the care package @caliking personally delivered last year, good stuff. Thanks Ashish.
    TX 
    Hope you enjoyed it. One of the TX products to be proud of :)

The much touted BTG  Bacon Jam Brussels sprouts recipe is easy, and pretty good,  too. 

We have been enjoying the jerky and other contraband you sent back with me last summer. caliprince really liked the Hakka sausage. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • TN_Egger
    Options
    Watching 2014 WS.  I miss Joe Buck.  (can't believe I said that)
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • buzzvol
    buzzvol Posts: 534
    Options
    Fusion lunch.
    rotini with salsa and fresco.
    hey, it’s better than an peanut butter brisket dog with mustard.
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    Just finished mowing
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• lousubcap
    Options
    Just sprayed mulch beds with a gallon of Roundup.  It may take a while but that stuff will take care of those weeds.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Absolutely nothing, and loving it
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • thetrim
    Options
    On a very productive phone call w the cable company..... 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    Options
    thetrim said:
    On a very productive phone call w the cable company..... 
    Hopefully looking at deep billing credits.  I'm not far from pulling the satellite dish and moving on.  Just have a few other hurdles to clear first.  Good luck.
    BTW- no wimping out on Friday June 26th watering hole meeting.  You Army dudes have been playing "man down" on quite a frequent basis of late.   B)
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Pork leg joint with spicy potato wedges. Rendered the crackling for a bit longer in the oven, it was perfectly crunchy. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.