Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now? Mk2

Options

Comments

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,434
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Celebrating small victories. Planning and zoning meeting. 30 of us against, 3 for (as far as public attendance). P&Z passed the amendment with an adjustment to only allow in a residentially zoned area if it is owner occupied. Now it goes to our city council in two weeks.

We also got told by the city’s attorney that we can introduce an HOA and only need 70% approval for it to stick. Only one rule, no short term rentals
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,866
    Options

Get the theme from Jaws in your head.

Think Eva Herzigova on a bill board 

Watch this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJqimlFcJsM  

Yes my friends,  the drought is over and I can sully the new ‘What are you doing thread’.  It’s been gone too long but it’s back back back.  Football, with your foot returns in a festival of contactless frenzy from tomorrow.   

This means only one thing - massive posts from me that 98% of you skip over 1.5% reply to with remarks about that ‘throw-ball’ game you guys do in spaceman outfits and 0.5% offer me pity.

Nuts & bolts;  there’s 11 rounds of fixtures to fit in to 6 weeks and its Premier League and Championship only - so @Eoin is not off the hook, yet.    As that’s about a third of a season, there’s plenty at stake.    

Here’s the skinny;

Liverpool are not yet Champions, but can be within 2 matches of results go their way.

Man City and Leicester are in the box seats for Champions League,  but Man city are on the naughty step and may be banned anyway.

That gives Chelsea, Man Utd, Wolves - then theoretically Sheff Utd, Spurs & Arsenal a sniff too. 

At the bottom Norwich look sunk, then its two points covering Aston Villa, Bournemouth, Watford and West Ham - squeaky bum time for them. Brighton are two points better placed - but have an eye watering set of fixtures and could flirt dangerously with the trap door.

The jewel in the crown (Crystal Palace) still need at least a point - but more would be optimal, for another season in the top flight.

For Stoke in the Championship, having picked up 8 points from 4 games pre-Covid they have a slender margin from the relegation dog-fight. A modicum of consistency should be enough for safety but need really good form to head up the table.

Stand-by for my wildly inaccurate set of results guesses tomorrow,  if you can possibly wait that long?

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Doglegdave
    Doglegdave Posts: 29
    Options
    Sunrise @ the farm.  New septic system being installed this week.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Getting ready for some roping practice

Is that code for auto-erotic asphyxia? 
    Yer sooooo twisted.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Celebrating small victories. Planning and zoning meeting. 30 of us against, 3 for (as far as public attendance). P&Z passed the amendment with an adjustment to only allow in a residentially zoned area if it is owner occupied. Now it goes to our city council in two weeks.

We also got told by the city’s attorney that we can introduce an HOA and only need 70% approval for it to stick. Only one rule, no short term rentals
    Most states may allow an existing neighborhood to form an HOA after the fact but they also cannot force property owners to join the newly created HOA.
    I know I'd be flying my Gadsden flag immediately if someone started trying to form an HOA in my 'hood.
    What state are you in?

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    “Squeaky bum time” may be my favorite thing ever said on this forum. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,980
    Options
    It sounds like something Sean Connery would say on Celebrity Jeopardy.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,434
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    ColbyLang said:

Most states may allow an existing neighborhood to form an HOA after the fact but they also cannot force property owners to join the newly created HOA.
    I know I'd be flying my Gadsden flag immediately if someone started trying to form an HOA in my 'hood.
    What state are you in?

Louisiana. In fact, we can form an HOA and it’s bylaws would supersede P&Z rulings and restrictions. City opened themselves up a can of worms because if I were on the flip side of the coin, I’d be pursuing litigation against the city for taking my property. (Uses and whatnot)
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Quite an over-used phrase amongst football (the one where you kick the ball, with your foot) commentators.
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

Get the theme from Jaws in your head.

Think Eva Herzigova on a bill board 

Watch this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJqimlFcJsM  

Yes my friends,  the drought is over and I can sully the new ‘What are you doing thread’.  It’s been gone too long but it’s back back back.  Football, with your foot returns in a festival of contactless frenzy from tomorrow.   

This means only one thing - massive posts from me that 98% of you skip over 1.5% reply to with remarks about that ‘throw-ball’ game you guys do in spaceman outfits and 0.5% offer me pity.

Nuts & bolts;  there’s 11 rounds of fixtures to fit in to 6 weeks and its Premier League and Championship only - so @Eoin is not off the hook, yet.    As that’s about a third of a season, there’s plenty at stake.    

Here’s the skinny;

Liverpool are not yet Champions, but can be within 2 matches of results go their way.

Man City and Leicester are in the box seats for Champions League,  but Man city are on the naughty step and may be banned anyway.

That gives Chelsea, Man Utd, Wolves - then theoretically Sheff Utd, Spurs & Arsenal a sniff too. 

At the bottom Norwich look sunk, then its two points covering Aston Villa, Bournemouth, Watford and West Ham - squeaky bum time for them. Brighton are two points better placed - but have an eye watering set of fixtures and could flirt dangerously with the trap door.

The jewel in the crown (Crystal Palace) still need at least a point - but more would be optimal, for another season in the top flight.

For Stoke in the Championship, having picked up 8 points from 4 games pre-Covid they have a slender margin from the relegation dog-fight. A modicum of consistency should be enough for safety but need really good form to head up the table.

Stand-by for my wildly inaccurate set of results guesses tomorrow,  if you can possibly wait that long?

Hopefully the Blades can make Europe (although a crash and burn in the PL from an overstretched squad seems likely) and the horrible Hammers go down.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,535
    Options
    Sitting on my bidet as I type. My bum will be squeaky clean when I'm done  :)
    canuckland
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,349
    Options
    Just deleted the Facebook account...this becomes my only form of "social media." Feels pretty damn good actually.

I've been contemplating doing the same
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• frazzdaddy
    Options
    Just deleted the Facebook account...this becomes my only form of "social media." Feels pretty damn good actually.
    Never did it. There is a reason some of those folks don't know how to find me.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    only use facebook to order fishing lures from the sutton spoon company, strangest way of doing business ive ever seen and ive come across this a few times now
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,362
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    This (the bidet) needs to be a Friday night topic. We're in the planning stages of a master bath remodel and are considering taking the plunge.

We want to make sure it's all it's cracked to be....in the end.

Don't want the cost to wipe us out.

All ideas get a seat at the table.

I sh!t you not.
    I see what you did there...
    Las Vegas, NV

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,362
    Options
    The only reason that I kept it around so long is so that my family could see pics of the kids and such. It has just become too much of a time suck and now too dangerous for me to keep around.
    Las Vegas, NV

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,306
    Options
    Another person who has never had a Facebook page. Frankly I am related to a lots of gossips, no need to make their job easier. Also when I was working I attended a seminar titled “Fired By Facebook “ , some of the stories and examples were eye opening.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    just looked at facebook, most of my new friends suggestions are from the Poltava Oblast region in the ukraine =)wtf
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • frazzdaddy
    Options
    The only reason that I kept it around so long is so that my family could see pics of the kids and such. It has just become too much of a time suck and now too dangerous for me to keep around.
    My wife has one. If I need to communicate I do it through her. Agree on the danger. Hard to tell from my posts here but I am usually very private. 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Canugghead
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    This (the bidet) needs to be a Friday night topic. We're in the planning stages of a master bath remodel and are considering taking the plunge.

I sh!t you not.
    Not sure if you're serious, if so I have one tip ...
    I got used to running it off a power bar that's out of the way, the on/off switch is really handy since it's used infrequently. If I eventually install a new/dedicated GFCI outlet I would incorporate an on/off switch.
    canuckland
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    Blech.  The local TV chef on the CBS local news cooked his daily dish today, brats with grilled onions and peppers.  
    And he put ketchup on it.   :o  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,866
    Options
    Great news.  

The 'squeaky' refers to the noise chairs make when you're squirming uncomfortably.

Minds in the gutter you guys, honestly.  =)
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Canugghead
    edited June 2020
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Great news.  

The 'squeaky' refers to the noise chairs make when you're squirming uncomfortably.

Minds in the gutter you guys, honestly.  =)

I don't know Queen's English  :) but Google tells me this...
    squeak·y clean
    /ˈskwēkē klēn/
    adjective
    INFORMAL
    completely clean.

canuckland
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    dmchicago said:

I sh!t you not.
    Not sure if you're serious, if so I have one tip ...
    I got used to running it off a power bar that's out of the way, the on/off switch is really handy since it's used infrequently. If I eventually install a new/dedicated GFCI outlet I would incorporate an on/off switch.
    Serious. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    ColtsFan said:

I've been contemplating doing the same
    I deleted mine last week.  Had been contemplating deleting it because I hardly used it.  Then a buddy of mine asked about a post I had made (It was one of those "sales" posts).  I didn't make it..so I just deleted it thinking I had been hacked.  Now I don't have to worry about it.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,119
    Options
    Eatin sourdough 

Inside looks like an english muffin!  I bet that was amazing!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin