Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Please Stay Home

Options

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    caliking said:
    New cases, total cases, active cases, and deaths seem to be the most reported stats, but # of hospitalized cases doesn't seem to be. That number would likely help put things in a more real perspective, for better or for worse.
    Might not be hospitalized, but released/recovered: vs death is available globally and nationally:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    caliking said:
    Botch said:
    The next story was about the rising sinophobia in the US, and how many asians (not just the chinese) are so fearful right now.  
    Just wondering if a sinophobian ends up in ER with Covid-19, will he refuse to get treated by an asian doctor for fear of getting worse  :s

edit: THANKS to the flagger(s) for validating my prediction

I've had someone decline to be seen by me after they found out what I looked like. No, I don't mean ugly. 

Ummmm...MAGA?
    Options
    thetrim said:
    caliking said:I
    Botch said:
    The next story was about the rising sinophobia in the US, and how many asians (not just the chinese) are so fearful right now.  
    Just wondering if a sinophobian ends up in ER with Covid-19, will he refuse to get treated by an asian doctor for fear of getting worse  :s

I've had someone decline to be seen by me after they found out what I looked like. No, I don't mean ugly. 
    But we’re you wearing a BB t shirt under your white coat???
    We are you wearing?   English, MFer, do you speak it?  Go back to your own country!
    Options
    caliking said:
    Botch said:

Bet big $$ that person has never traveled beyond our borders. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    CTMike said:
    caliking said:
    Botch said:

Sad that idiots like that still exist in this day and age Ash. I witnessed something similar at the local Navy Commissary awhile back. So typically (well at least at Navy Commissaries) kids and young adults work as baggers for tips. They will bag your groceries and bring them out and load them in your car. These are typically kids of active duty folks. 

I was in-line to check out with an older white lady in front of me. She flat out refused to allow an African-American kid to bag her groceries. So the next kid in line took his spot and I gave the kid who was refused twice my normal tip and apologized for the disgusting behavior he had to endure. Sadly he said it wasn't the first time happening to him. 

People suck in general. 
    Unfortunate example, good on you for setting a proper example.  I think some people suck, but in a broad sense, I wouldn't agree that people suck in general.  There are a lot of good people out there doing good things.  Often the bad things are highlighted, and that is unfortunate.  You did the opposite, and there is need for more of that.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    I wasn’t sure which Corona thread to drop this on, but this seems as appropriate as any. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    caliking said:
    New cases, total cases, active cases, and deaths seem to be the most reported stats, but # of hospitalized cases doesn't seem to be. That number would likely help put things in a more real perspective, for better or for worse.
    Might not be hospitalized, but released/recovered: vs death is available globally and nationally:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
    Hospitalized is one of the stats the Florida Department of Health site provides.
    Can look at county stats as well from here. We have 48 cases - 15 Hospitalized - 0 Deaths so far in Brevard. Stats are updated 2 times a day. Without testing every citizen - WE DON'T KNOW WHAT WE DON'T KNOW.

https://fdoh.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/8d0de33f260d444c852a615dc7837c86

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    caliking said:
    Botch said:

I've had someone decline to be seen by me after they found out what I looked like. 
    I’m really sorry to hear that man.  I have a really good friend from graduate school who also happens to be Indian, and he always seems to get “randomly” searched by TSA at the airport.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    caliking said:
    Botch said:

I've had someone decline to be seen by me after they found out what I looked like. No, I don't mean ugly
    I'm not so sure about that my friend  ;)

Edit: btw, I hope you meant the patient's parent. It would be really sad otherwise.
    Yes, the parent called to cancel the appointment, and made it a point to tell our staff why. Have not seen this kind of behavior in kids as of now, so that gives me hope. 

And,  I've got a face for radio, so that was a given :) 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    caliking said:
    caliking said:
    Botch said:

I've had someone decline to be seen by me after they found out what I looked like. No, I don't mean ugly

Edit: btw, I hope you meant the patient's parent. It would be really sad otherwise.
    Yes, the parent called to cancel the appointment, and made it a point to tell our staff why. Have not seen this kind of behavior in kids as of now, so that gives me hope. 

You kind of remind me of Aziz Ansari.  Just as funny looking at least.
    Options
    caliking said:
    caliking said:
    Botch said:

Fun fact: He TOO was born in Columbia, SC :)

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    caliking said:
    Botch said:

I've had someone decline to be seen by me after they found out what I looked like. 
    I’m really sorry to hear that man.  I have a really good friend from graduate school who also happens to be Indian, and he always seems to get “randomly” searched by TSA at the airport.  
    Been there, done that. 

Somehow, I was pulled out of line 3 times when flying from Chicago to Columbus, OH a month after 9/11. Randomly. 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    caliking said:
    caliking said:
    Botch said:

I’m essentially at the point where if my doctor does not have a little brown in them I wonder if their parents put enough pressure on them as a child to warrant being my doctor :)

#whatcanbrowndoforyou
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JonWesson
    JonWesson Posts: 161
    edited April 2020
    Options
    polymath kushner now working supply chain problem.       all meds persons have all that needed in short time.
    large small and mini all in legal proceedings but i can use them for now no more, all gone                                                                                                                        usa somewhere on the road
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @caliking It’s a shame that kind of racism still exists. You would think people could look past the color of skin in this day and age. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • keener75
    keener75 Posts: 393
    Options
    Georgia goes on lockdown beginning Friday thru April 13th.
    10 days?  Ain't gonna be enough.
    Yea you're probably right but Kemp will likely leave that up to the city/counties.

I friggin loved John Candy! 
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    JonWesson said:
    polymath kushner now working supply chain problem.       all meds persons have all that needed in short time.

This quote from Kushner a few hours ago is just priceless.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    @caliking It’s a shame that kind of racism still exists. You would think people could look past the color of skin in this day and age. 

Surprised little rascal didn't flag you on this.
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    JonWesson said:

Every single time Jared Kushner opens his mouth stupid shît falls out.

Everything he touches, dies.

Some light reading about the Master of Disaster:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/04/02/opinion/jared-kushner-coronavirus.amp.html

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    caliking said:
    caliking said:
    caliking said:
    Botch said:

Fun fact: He TOO was born in Columbia, SC :)
    Who was his milkman?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    When I had Kaiser for my insurance and spent some time in the hospital, I was treated by the entire United Nations of health care professionals. I didn't care where they came from as long as I could understand them, communication being a very important criteria. I got over (most of) my racism and prejudice years ago. Except for politics.... 
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    HeavyG said:
    JonWesson said:

Every single time Jared Kushner opens his mouth stupid shît falls out.

Everything he touches, dies.

Some light reading about the Master of Disaster:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/04/02/opinion/jared-kushner-coronavirus.amp.html

Kushner is the poster-boy for why development admissions shouldn't exist at Ivy-League schools.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

I have a pretty good guess as to why it hasn't happened yet.   
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    caliking said:
    caliking said:
    Botch said:

He is hysterical
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options

I have a pretty good guess as to why it hasn't happened yet.   

because we need the peoples out there building the windmills, putting up the solar panels, and cleaning the water to beat this thing =) was that your guess =) msnbc was special last night
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    edited April 2020
    Options

I guess they assume that nobody is watching.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HeavyG said:

I guess they assume that nobody is watching.

No, they just don’t give a sh!t.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Well, he's No 1 on Facebook, so there's that...
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it