Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

If it wasn’t real for you yet

Whoooooo boy
"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments

• camofreak
    camofreak Posts: 161
    I heard about that today. Wow. That is serious. I want to place an order with Quadratec tomorrow for some jeep parts. I figure if I’m trying to stay home I could play with the Jeep some. 
    Green Eggin' in South Carolina
    Go Gamecocks!!!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428
    edited March 2020

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Tried to make an order on Ebay all day. Server down error message.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    @frazzdaddy oooo dryer not working I was going to diagnose and order parts via eBay tomorrow....
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    I thought we would be good with eBay because everyone ships their crap whereas I figured amazon would go down with their warehouse model
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323
    They will still be shipping other stuff people order. They will just be prioritizing orders of medical stuff. So the ordinary things folks order may take a few days  rather than one or two to arrive.
    From the Amazon site:
    "While Amazon will continue taking orders and shipping items from across our store, customers ordering items they don’t need immediately have the opportunity to help others by choosing No-Rush Shipping. Selecting the No-Rush option enables us to consolidate orders and make fewer stops in neighborhoods throughout the week, and most importantly, serve customers with the most critical needs first. March 17, 2020."

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    I was able to get some motorcycle gaskets ordered on Ebay this afternoon.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    HeavyG said:
    They will still be shipping other stuff people order. They will just be prioritizing orders of medical stuff. So the ordinary things folks order may take a few days  rather than one or two to arrive.
    From the Amazon site:
    "While Amazon will continue taking orders and shipping items from across our store, customers ordering items they don’t need immediately have the opportunity to help others by choosing No-Rush Shipping. Selecting the No-Rush option enables us to consolidate orders and make fewer stops in neighborhoods throughout the week, and most importantly, serve customers with the most critical needs first. March 17, 2020."

Yep, important clarification.  Thank you.
  • frazzdaddy
    I'll try again in a minute. Need some boat parts . Rebuilding the out drive this weekend.
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    I just ordered a book today.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Any word if @rrp will still be shipping gaskets?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    thetrim said:
    I just ordered a book today.
    I didn't realize that's how Hustler magazine was classified these days.  
  • alaskanassasin
    I'll try again in a minute. Need some boat parts . Rebuilding the out drive this weekend.
    Send me your PayPal information I’ll see if it works on my end ;-)
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Botch
    HeavyG said:

That's been the case, for me, ever since I signed up for Prime.  :angry:

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Botch said:
    HeavyG said:

Prime knows you are retired and can wait for it. You had the day before off should ha e ordered then 😄
  • Botch
    Lit said:
    Botch said:
    HeavyG said:

Prime knows you are retired and can wait for it. You had the day before off should ha e ordered then 😄
    My statement stands for the 4, 5 years I've had prime.  I've been retired for less than two months.
    But, hey, thanks for playing!   :)

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Botch said:
    Yeah, Prime used to always mean you got it in 2 days.  Now it means "not a week".  Its stupid the things that come up as "prime" but then when you look at the delivery date...   not so much.   And that was before the beer virus...

LBGE/Maryland
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    I ordered up stuff I need for my green lane bike from Huskysport this week.  Same as @camofreak and @frazzdaddy, might as well do something useful if 'working' at home. Also ordered some lump.

We now have our 24 year old working from home, our 21 year old back from college early and not knowing if he is returning / going to be able to sit his finals and our eldest coming home tomorrow - she might as well work from our home in the country rather than from her flat in London.  Her BF is a teacher, he expects to be closed down at the end of this week and might come up to stay with us as well - his mother has health issues, so he is reluctant to go back and stay with his family having been in contact with snotty kids for the past few weeks. Organising the house so that the 'working at home' can take place without everyone annoying everyone else.
  • speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    Food Staples are prioritized. I just ordered cereal, animal crackers, juice boxes, oatmeal, breakfast bars and they all arrive in two days. If you live by a whole foods, items deliver same day through prime, as long as it's in stock. At least in my area. I've heard southern cali is much worse. 
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    I’ve got a 2 weeks supply of protein in the freezer and rice/beans/canned goods. Own a bakery so bread isn’t an issue. Ordered 4 bags of lump delivering today. Also have 4 gallons of organic milk and 4 dozen eggs. My 5 year old and 3 year old will have plenty to eat. We good on this end. Kansas cancels school for the remainder of the school year K-12, hope this isn’t a trend.....
  • alaskanassasin
    Diagnosed dryer. Needs a thermal cutoff fuse.  kit comes with that and a high limit thermostat.  Sears.com $42.00 Ebay.com $6.50 free shipping.  Cmon Sears! Really?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• frazzdaddy
    Diagnosed dryer. Needs a thermal cutoff fuse.  kit comes with that and a high limit thermostat.  Sears.com $42.00 Ebay.com $6.50 free shipping.  Cmon Sears! Really?
    Finally got ebay to work for me this am. Not sure what the hang up was. 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    edited March 2020
    Amazon announced the hiring process of 100,000 temps to help alleviate the back ups and continue service as needed.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    YukonRon said:
    Amazon announced the hiring process of 100,000 temps to help alleviate the back ups and continue service as needed.
    Hopefully, they'll crowd them all into the same location all bunched tightly together.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    edited March 2020
    Amazon also announced two weeks paid sick leave if you get sick during employment there.
    I went to target just now to refill prescriptions. I was amazed how busy it was. Social distancing was non-existent. Food wasn't out of stock except for bread (VERY low stock) and TP was wiped clean ;).  I picked up milk, oatmeal, frozen burgers, frozen chicken. I saw ONE guy walking in with a mask and surgical gloves.

How extreme do you take disinfecting? Do you throw all your clothing /jacket/hat into the laundry asap? Disinfect shoes? What about the packaging for the food? WHo knows who handled it. Fruit is probably touched by countless people to check ripeness. What about mail? Do you spray all mail articles? I mean where do you draw the line??
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    edited March 2020
    I have my own Lysol wipes. I just took a single wipe and wiped down the handle of my grocery buggy. I kept it in the cart and used it to open the door on the freezer section. 
    I plan to roast the apples that I bought in the Egg. That ought to take care of germs.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    90 tests sent to lab yesterday in my town of 125,000. 2 positives already back. Cue the fear/panic in 3,2,1....
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    ColbyLang said:
    90 tests sent to lab yesterday in my town of 125,000. 2 positives already back. Cue the fear/panic in 3,2,1....
    @ColbyLang Please give your location....  =)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA