Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

If it wasn’t real for you yet

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @billt01 pretty strong work arguing you're an intellectual light-weight taking a stand on eating fast food, connecting that with CVD, and calling the entire turd something that is "contagious".  I had some experience with this type of delusion when my kid was 12.  

Anyway, sorry no one loves you here.  Video games are maybe an alternative?  I dunno, not a shrink.  Hope everything improves for you, mental health is an overlooked illness.  Maybe you can get some relief golfing with littlerascal69.  (Wear gloves)
    Options
    PS, roll tide.
    Options

I wonder what has changed. Can't quite put my finger on it...

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,515
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Speaking of pandemic, not long ago some yahoo on FB shared something to the effect of ...pandemic is a Dem in panic.

Who's in panic now  :s
    canuckland
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    Speaking of pandemic, not long ago some yahoo on FB shared something to the effect of ...pandemic is a Dem in panic.

Au contraire, many Dems are in panic over the likelihood of nominating an old fossil who appears to be suffering from dementia.
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,746
    Options

Au contraire, many Dems are in panic over the likelihood of nominating an old fossil who appears to be suffering from dementia.
    Thought you were talking about Reagan at first there. Either way, I'll still take dementia over a crooked, corrupt and impeached narcissist who spent six weeks holding campaign rallies, playing golf while hoping this pandemic would somehow magically disappear.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Canugghead
    Options

so why cancelled Easter Sunday celebrations?
    canuckland
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    Make your Reagan jokes if you want, but only an idiot would try to say that he went in with dementia. It does look like he had it at the end of his presidency, definitely at the end of his life.
    I get it that you and many others will vote for Joe even if he is asked a question in the debate, and he answers by singing Mary had a little lamb. The question is, why did you guys let it get to this point?
    For 2016 you guys nominated a screeching, bitter old hag, for 2020 you appear to be going with a guy who can't even answer a question asked of him by his friends on The View. What is the plan for 2024, a 90 year old Michael Dukakis?
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    “You guys”

Yep, thank you for such a clear reminder of the problem WE face in this country right now.
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Biden absolutely should have been the candidate four years ago and he would have smoked Trump by 10-15 percentage points and saved us from the embarrassment of the current clown show. He is the best of not very good options, but still better than Mango Mussolini. If you want odds for the nominee in 2024, bet heavily on whoever Biden chooses as his running mate.
    Stillwater, MN
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    Are you saying that a guy that can not answer the easiest of softball questions is the best candidate of everyone that was in that clown car? Was there not over 25 candidates? What does that say about the Democrat party that out of 25 plus, dementia guy is the best candidate? 

• StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Are you saying that a guy that can not answer the easiest of softball questions is the best candidate of everyone that was in that clown car? Was there not over 25 candidates? What does that say about the Democrat party that out of 25 plus, dementia guy is the best candidate? 

Oh please. How about we put the worst of Biden up against the worst of Trump and see which list is longer. Even with your completely unbiased dementia diagnosis, he never stared directly into an eclipse after just listening to someone say why you can't stare directly into an eclipse. Trump has made so many blunders you need an accountant to keep track of them all.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options

Are you suggesting that the current primary process selects the best candidate?  Or second best?  Third?

Is that what we have now, the best candidate from the GOP field in 2016?
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    If you do not think that Joe Biden is having serious problems right now, you are not paying attention. I understand that none of you will concede the point, but Joe does not have it anymore. I remember him in the debates of the past. I did not agree with much of what he said, but he was sharp. For all of his career, there were times where Joe would be Joe, but he was pretty quick on his feet. Now Joe can not get through a question from the women on The View, seriously. I do not have a crystal ball, but if the Dems are going to win the White House this year, regardless of who they run, I hope it goes to a brokered convention, and they pick someone competent.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    If you do not think that Joe Biden is having serious problems right now, you are not paying attention. I understand that none of you will concede the point, but Joe does not have it anymore. I remember him in the debates of the past. I did not agree with much of what he said, but he was sharp. For all of his career, there were times where Joe would be Joe, but he was pretty quick on his feet. Now Joe can not get through a question from the women on The View, seriously. I do not have a crystal ball, but if the Dems are going to win the White House this year, regardless of who they run, I hope it goes to a brokered convention, and they pick someone competent.

The GOP has clearly shown the last few years that they are quite fine supporting total incompetence.
    Incompetence is the new competence.
    Why should the Democrats have to be the ones to raise the bar? :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,946
    Options
    Mocking Biden for some perceived mental decline when he'll be running against Trump is pretty amazing.  What's next?  Complaining about how he's a real creep around women?  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    I honestly don't care if Biden serves two months after winning the election and then turns things over to his vice president. We'd still be miles ahead of where we are with Trump.

Also, what in god's name is anyone doing watch the f'in View?
    Stillwater, MN
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
    Perceived? LOL. 
    Who watches The View? My guess would be stupid women. I just see the trainwreck clips of Joe on the interwebs. Thanks Al Gore!!
    By the way, since RRP has disappeared like a fart in the win, maybe I will take over using exclamation points in every post!!!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    edited April 2020
    Options
    SemolinaPilchard said:
    To be fair, many many of us republicans were in that very same panic 4 years ago, when the bottom 20% of the party jumped on the trump bandwagon after his "rapist, murderer" and "grab 'em by the " statements. We had 15 eminently more qualified candidates than cheeto, but because the field was so large, that 20% got him the nomination, and I figured the dems would take it.  Thanks to voter suppression and russian disinformation, that didn't happen; and even I would've preferred hillary to what we ended up with.  Damn.  

What's gonna happen this November.  Hell if I know; what if trump, Biden and Sanders all succumb to the coronavirus before then?  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,946
    Options

By the way, since RRP has disappeared like a fart in the win, maybe I will take over using exclamation points in every post!!!
    You do have the old man with the rotting conservative brain schtick down pat, so that fits.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SemolinaPilchard
    Options
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    I find it ironic that we have lots of recent posts reading “take care of one another,” with which many here have agreed, but nonetheless have a good few pages of insults (not simply light-hearted ribbing) being thrown about because of differences of opinion. It is possible to disagree with tolerance, compassion and grace. Attacking one another, whether or not you are factually correct, simply sullies one’s own name, IMO. 

As a great, wise man once wrote, “attack the arguments, not the orator.” 

Off soapbox.
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Thread sunken but you'll get this bump if you'd bookmarked it.
    canuckland