Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

In Memory of a Great Friend and Fellow Egger

Comments

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Wow...so shocked and saddened to read this.  I haven’t been that active lately with my move and other life’s issues taking all my focus.  He was one of my favorite characters on here and I enjoyed his commentary and will miss interacting with him.  My heartfelt sympathy and condolences to his family.  
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Brent, I miss you brother. I am at a loss for words. Love you Nichole. Thanks for posting this Michael, excellent tribute Brent would love this. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    The petting zoo at Salisbury will never be the same!!!   B)
    To be renamed the Brent Murphy Petting Zoo hence forward.
    If we could muster up a proper donation, I'm sure Kitty could help take care of that.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    thetrim said:
    The petting zoo at Salisbury will never be the same!!!   B)
    To be renamed the Brent Murphy Petting Zoo hence forward.
    If we could muster up a proper donation, I'm sure Kitty could help take care of that.
    Count me in 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Had the pleasure of getting to meet Brent at the last 2 BBS. Just a down right awesome person. Huge loss to this forum for sure.
    Heartfelt condolences to Nicole and family.
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Terrible to hear of this tragedy for him, his family and friends.  I only knew of Brent through the forum, always liked him. 
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Genuine.  Always positive.  Always had a smile on his face.  Genuine.  Class act.  The good Lord took a great one from us. Only met him a few times but was always welcoming and genuine. Did I mention that Brent was genuine?

RIP Brent.  You will be missed. 
    Moose, I couldn't have said it better myself. Good to hear from you hope to see you in the spring at BGEBRENT BUTT BLAST
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • @piney Looking forward to the Bgebrent Butt Blast and seeing all the familiar faces as well as new ones. Tragedies like this puts life in perspective.
    South Buffalo, New York
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Double Oaked Toast for our friend. 

Nicely done, gents. 

Brent would have appreciated that @theyolksonyou kept his shirt on this time. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    I can’t remember which of his family said it, but it sums up Brent nicely.  He only wanted to help people.  

One one of his sons said, “he taught me respect.  No matter who it is, treat them with respect.”

that’s a pretty good summary of the man. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    booksw said:
    I have been on this forum for years and one thing I have always resented about it is what a "boys club" it is.  I have a handle that doesn't make it obvious that I am a wife and mother, rather than a dude, and it used to really irritate me that Brent would always refer to me as 'brother'.  It was bad enough that I felt left out of the club, but when he just assumed I was a guy, that was preposterous to me.  That is, though, until I met him.  I was all ready with my indignant attitude- ready with a 'gotcha' and he totally disarmed me with his self deprecating humor and that 'signature smile'- so true!  Nichole good heartedly rolling her eyes in the background...  Since then I have looked forward to his calling me brother.  And he has made a point of it- with a wink and a smile.  OK now I'm crying so that's all.  Thanks @northGAcock for the message- I am happy to be a part of Brent's boys club, and oh so sad that he is gone.
    I think this may be my favorite story in this thread.  
  • gamason
    gamason Posts: 406
    RIP. Prayers to the family in their time of need

Snellville,Ga.

LBGE

Minimax