Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

In Memory of a Great Friend and Fellow Egger

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    This hits like a ton of bricks- The outpouring of love from you all speaks to the man’s virtue. May we all be remembered as fondly. The world is a sadder place today and my heartfelt sympathies to Nicole. 

Greensboro, NC
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    edited August 2019
    Stunned.  So very sorry for family, and so many friends.  He was a prominent figure on the forum that I will miss.  By all appearances, those who knew him were blessed.  Rest In Peace, brother Brent.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Completely shocked and saddened by this.   The forum wont be the same without @bgebrent.  Thank you for the amazing posts, tips and advice over the years.   You will be truly missed. 
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,453
    Really shocked and sad to hear this. Never met Brent but as others have mentioned, he was often the first to comment on others posts with kind words and helpful nuggets. This is a lesser place without him. RIP Brent and say Hello to Little Steven and Shane for us. 
    canuckland
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Brent seemed like a guy who lived life to the full. He didn't waste his time on this Earth. Condolences to Nichole and his family, he will be missed on the forum.

RIP
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    As I read through this incredible thread, here’s what I realize.  I’m incredibly lucky.  I feel sorry for all you suckers who didn’t get to spend time with Brent.  I did.  It wasn’t enough.  I want more.  But, I did.  I’m lucky.  I met him.  I got to know him.  I got to know Nicole.  I’m thankful.  I’m sad.  I’m privileged.  Mostly, I’m sad and wrapped up in self pity.  I’m lucky. 
    Well said Brother Yolk! I'm Lucky too!

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Brent, brother you will he missed! I learned so much about so many things. There really are no words for a man like you. It was an honor to know you. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Truly tragic and unexpected. His departure will leave a significant void on this forum and beyond. 

As with others, I regrettably never had the opportunity to meet Brent in person, but he was a prolific poster, entertaining contributor, seemingly did a lot of good and meant a great deal to a lot of people. 

Condolences. Peace. 
  • RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 562
    I parked next to Brent at Butt Blast 1. We introduced ourselves and talked briefly a few times that day. I missed BB2 because of Furniture market that year. The next year my family was able to make it back to BB3. We were walking across the parking lot to the festivities and Brent came out to meet us and said hello. He said he was glad to see us and glad we made it back this year. No idea how he remembered us but so kind.
    Prayers for Nichole and family. 
    RIP Brent!!! 
    Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    RRog17 said:
    No idea how he remembered us but so kind.

I can tell you why. He loved people. If you met him once, you were a friend. 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    I am truly sorry to hear this news. RIP brother you and your post will be missed.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Ouch. Like others never had the pleasure of meeting him but wish I did.  

Praying his family and for all of you who were close to Brent. 
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • I don’t even know what to say. Just sickening. We’ll miss you, brother. Prayers for the family. RIP

Little Rock, AR

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,088
    Sad times...D and I had a great time cooking with Brent and Nichole this year at BB2019. Was a fantastic guy and a friend to many and will be missed greatly. Praying for the family. RIP brother Brent.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    So sorry to hear. RIP Brent.
  • Wow, this sucks.  Never met the guy, but like has been said already on this thread, the comments here are a testament to the man.  Thoughts out to his wife and family.  
    Stuart
    Burlington/Alamance County, NC
  • He looked like a really cool fun loving guy. So sad.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Very sad news indeed! He was a great contributor here, not to mention a fine cook! I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but judging from the outpouring here, that was certainly my loss. My sincere condolences to family and friends. RIP, Brent.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    This is so terribly sad. I had the pleasure of meeting Brent and his lovely bride at ButtBlast this year, along with several of you here.

His energy was contagious. I've had a lot of fun with him here for years. Sad days ahead for many of us here.
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    I keep hoping this is a very bad prank. Very sad, indeed.

R.I.P. Brent.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • leemschu
    leemschu Posts: 609
    I will miss Brent. We never met but exchanged some PMs from time to time. He was always one that offered help, advice, or just reassurance. His posts were always ones that I would stop and read even in some of the long endless threads.
    Dyersburg, TN
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Brent accomplished a great deal in his lifetime! Most impressive! He was born about 75 miles from where I live. Didn't know he was from Mass.

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/atlanta/obituary.aspx?n=brent-murphey&pid=193603752

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut