Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friday night and the EggHead Forum option of the forum choices is eerie quiet- I need to get a life!

Options

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,927
    Options
    @Stormbringer, did you share?

I just spent the night in London due to a flight cancellation.  I could have swung by.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,146
    Options
    @Stormbringer

Please be sure to report back on your morning. 
    @g@GrateEggspectations it was a wine tasting that I hosted for my company's sports and social club. My favourite of the night was the 2017 Sociando Mallet, still young but with some time in the glass it opened out. The Riesling was disappointing, especially as it was a grand cru from Alsace. 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk

• Stormbringer
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    @Stormbringer, did you share?

I just spent the night in London due to a flight cancellation.  I could have swung by.
    @Foghorn yep :). You would have been welcome. 
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire

• Foghorn
    Options
    @Stormbringer, while in Italy I had the privilege of drinking some 1997 Sassicaia.  I'm still waiting to hear if I'm going to have to pay on the back end for my share of the damage.  We had a group of 10 and had agreed to split things evenly among the 5 couples but the buy who ordered the $700 bottles of wine typically accepts that he is covering the cost when he does that.  

I liked a few other wines on our trip at least as much as the Sassicaia but the more sophisticated palates in our group seemed to appreciate the difference - including SWMBO.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Just priming the pump for Friday. 

Happened to catch the following and thought @sgh might want to give this cook a go.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,463
    Options
    Damn, this working 7 days a week non-stop is messing with me.  Didn’t realize it was Friday already!
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Seems like a good time for a bump.

San Antonio, TX

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,724
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations
    recipe with precise ingredient weights please, need to make sure the orifice is right sized

canuckland
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,550
    edited May 17
    Options
    This one’s for JIC.

Edit: If that’s a Nokia, it’s probably still functional. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Canugghead

Best results obtained with a live model. 🤣
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,326
    Options
    This one’s for JIC.

Nice!

I’ve never actually done anything like that, despite my reputation for shenanigans.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited May 17
    Options
    I would like a bourbon 
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    This one’s for JIC.

approximately $250 in 1995, so $514 today.  Today teacher would have been fired.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,326
    Options
    This one’s for JIC.

approximately $250 in 1995, so $514 today.  Today teacher would have been fired.
    Worth it.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,904
    Options
    Recharging after my one day at the PGA.  More walking in one day than I have done since last October.  Weather was drizzling rain until around 2-2:30 PM then that stopped.  All in all a good time.  Saw a few guys walking with the ankle/foot boot on but did not attempt to sort out @ColbyLang.
    Expected total attendance for the 4 rounds is north of 200K.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @lousubcap

That’s quite an experience. I am not much of a sports fan, so please excuse the ignorance, but just how does one secure tix? Is there a lottery of sorts?
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations - for most top tier golf events there is "who you know-and when you know and what did you do for me lately" sort of heirarchy.  The PGA was last here in 2014 and it was an opportunity to "jump in" aka window of opportunity, much more open than 2024.  I did so thus I got a shot this year and took it.  Son and D-I-L were also on the course.  There are lotteries as well but that is a tough ticket to acquire. 
    That process is the norm anymore for top shelf sporting events across the spectrum.  Too bad we have evolved there but the $$ drive the train. At least my experience.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Stormbringer
    Options
    Starting with champagne 

• Foghorn
    Options
    As expected @Stormbringer, you're bringing the good stuff.  How's the 1995 drinking?

San Antonio, TX

• Stormbringer
    Options
    @Foghorn it’s stunning great length and biscuity yeasty flavours. 

• Foghorn
    Options
    Nice.

As soon as I can get out of work I'm heading to the airport - flying to Denver to see my son and for the first time ever, meet his girlfriend.  We're having a late dinner there.  I'm thinking I'll skip the crappy airplane beverages and get some good stuff at dinner. Knowing what you are drinking sets a high bar...

San Antonio, TX

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,387
    edited May 24
    Options
    Ric Flair would be quite impressed with the champagne selections. 

If that’s where you are starting, all I can say is…

Wooo! 
  • Stormbringer
    Options
    We moved onto this one 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,387
    edited May 24
    Options

I bought a new vehicle from D!ck Dyer back in 2006. I had the same dealer advertisement. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Great topic tonight.  
    I will take the champagne topic to @Stormbringer in a PM.  If ever there is one here who knows his juice it is him.  🥂
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,182
    Options
    Speaking of champagne . . .
    What about the champagne of beers and BGE teaming up?

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,724
    Options
    Anyone have experience with fabric planters like these?

canuckland
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Perfect topic for a grounded Friday night response... B)