Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friday night and the EggHead Forum option of the forum choices is eerie quiet- I need to get a life!

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,904
    Options
    @Stormbringer - one he!! of a selection.  I'm sure all participants completely enjoyed.  
    Somewhere in the midst of the wines there had to be some tasty canapés.
    Great evening, I'm sure.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Well-another pedestrian Friday evening here.  I may take pic of some substantial grilled stuffed shrimp later but the bourbon may cloud that event.
    Stay healthy and safe out there.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 101
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Well-another pedestrian Friday evening here.  I may take pic of some substantial grilled stuffed shrimp later but the bourbon may cloud that event.
    We better see a picture of the stuffed shrimp. Wish I had some bourbon too!
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Something different for a Friday night. 

Not a fan of the prank genre, but this amused me. Powerlifter Vladimir Shmondenko (5’11”, 170lbs) catches gym goers by surprise, resulting in some great reactions. Kinda trashy videos, but a great premise and incredible athleticism, pound for pound.  

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Frank, how you been? Stay thirsty my friend. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,463
    Options
    Something different for a Friday night. 

Not a fan of the prank genre, but this amused me. Powerlifter Vladimir Shmondenko (5’11”, 170lbs) catches gym goers by surprise, resulting in some great reactions. Kinda trashy videos, but a great premise and incredible athleticism, pound for pound.  

His athleticism is astounding.  His videos are annoying and I fast forward a lot, but when he actually gets to the lifts it is worth the rest.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 23,035
    Options
     I have seen some nasty stuff between neighbors who were previously close friends. I have made it a point to keep my friends and neighbors separate and it makes life a lot easier. I don’t know anyone who lives on my street other than my next door neighbor. I would blow a gasket if half a dozen people showed up at our house unannounced. Heck, it would blow a gasket if one person showed up unannounced. Walking in my house unannounced? I’d be hurting someone’s feelings at best… 

When we moved to the ranch, we both had misgivings about living a mile down a gravel road behind 2 security gates. I can tell you unequivocally now that I will never live in a neighborhood again haha. It’s glorious. When someone enters our property, my gate cam alerts our phones with a picture of them and their car a solid 1/4 mile from my house. And nobody would remotely consider walking into a home out here if not invited. If someone got shot doing that, 100% of the town and sheriff/police would say “that was really dumb-what did you expect’? I am definitely not that guy, but a lot of people here are. 

Story time: I’m glad I’m not that guy- I came home one day last year and found someone in our home. It turned out to be an elderly neighbor with dementia rummaging through my kitchen. He had walked over a mile through the woods and crawled under our gate. He was covered in scratches and dirt and looked like he had been in a fight.  Scared the sh!t out of me but I’m glad I didn’t have a loaded pistol at the ready and a constant fear of my surroundings like so many seem to these days. I yelled at him to get the F out of my house but Once I realized he was really confused I realized what was going on. I knew I had a neighbor with dementia who was an escape artist, but I had never met him. After the initial shock wore off, I realized that this had to be him. So I drove him home and we both went about our lives (although his didn’t last much longer- I’m just glad he died of natural causes and not lead poisoning from a 9mm in my kitchen). I don’t think he would have been so lucky at most of my neighbor’s (those that didn’t know him, anyway- I didn’t). 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
     I have seen some nasty stuff between neighbors who were previously close friends. I have made it a point to keep my friends and neighbors separate and it makes life a lot easier. I don’t know anyone who lives on my street other than my next door neighbor. I would blow a gasket if half a dozen people showed up at our house unannounced. Heck, it would blow a gasket if one person showed up unannounced. Walking in my house unannounced? I’d be hurting someone’s feelings at best… 

When we moved to the ranch, we both had misgivings about living a mile down a gravel road behind 2 security gates. I can tell you unequivocally now that I will never live in a neighborhood again haha. It’s glorious. When someone enters our property, my gate cam alerts our phones with a picture of them and their car a solid 1/4 mile from my house. And nobody would remotely consider walking into a home out here if not invited. If someone got shot doing that, 100% of the town and sheriff/police would say “that was really dumb-what did you expect’? I am definitely not that guy, but a lot of people here are. 

Story time: I’m glad I’m not that guy- I came home one day last year and found someone in our home. It turned out to be an elderly neighbor with dementia rummaging through my kitchen. He had walked over a mile through the woods and crawled under our gate. He was covered in scratches and dirt and looked like he had been in a fight.  Scared the sh!t out of me but I’m glad I didn’t have a loaded pistol at the ready and a constant fear of my surroundings like so many seem to these days. I yelled at him to get the F out of my house but Once I realized he was really confused I realized what was going on. I knew I had a neighbor with dementia who was an escape artist, but I had never met him. After the initial shock wore off, I realized that this had to be him. So I drove him home and we both went about our lives (although his didn’t last much longer- I’m just glad he died of natural causes and not lead poisoning from a 9mm in my kitchen). I don’t think he would have been so lucky at most of my neighbor’s (those that didn’t know him, anyway- I didn’t). 
    We have a gate and cameras and live at the end of a private road.  I love it.  I can’t see any neighbors from my yard.  My kids can have parties and play music as
    loud as they want, my dogs can bark, etc.  I can walk around and do chores without running into anyone or being interrupted. I would really struggle being in neighborhood again.

Also, I am not so fearful of my surroundings that a gun would be my first move.  I have kids coming and going at all hours.  Some are mine and some are their friends.  Aside from my kids and dogs, there isn’t anything worth me killing someone over.

Did have one kid who carried a gun in my house and was showing it off to my daughter and her friends.  She has been around guns her whole life and told him to get the f out.  He isn’t allowed back anymore.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

• lousubcap
    Options
    Late for the Friday bump as yesterday got OBE.  But it was pretty uneventful save the Euro PK shootout between France and Portugal and the Biden interview.
    Stay healthy and safe out there-
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Hello, 👋 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,724
    Options
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,491
    Options

This sign came to mind...
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Canugghead - Didn't watch once USA tanked the Copa.  However I did click on your above link to watch just now and got a very unCanadian note:
    "Video unavailable
    The uploader has not made this video available in your country"

Good luck against Argentina. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,724
    Options
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Thanks-worked just fine.  
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 23,035
    Options
    kl8ton said:

@The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Haha. I have seen that one before. Do NOT google “pork chop panties”. Never again. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,491
    Options
    kl8ton said:

@The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Haha. I have seen that one before. Do NOT google “pork chop panties”. Never again. 
    I hadn't even thought of it.... Until now.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI