Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friday night and the EggHead Forum option of the forum choices is eerie quiet- I need to get a life!

Comments

• Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,243
    edited July 26
    A standard Friday night 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    Welp, hello. Vance. Ohio. 

Proper decorum needed, so I will not say "**** that lying fascist hypocrite" when we next communicate.

Pinky swear.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 175
    I hate politics. EVERYONE loses and makes us grow farther apart as citizens. Policy is not a sports contest. 

With that said from me….Anyone have good recommandations for a tool belt? I’m tired of working on my barn and dropping tools off my ladder.
  • Campbell2N
    So I guess no based on the other threads. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025
    Anyone have good recommandations for a tool belt? I’m tired of working on my barn and dropping tools off my ladder.
    Based on only my own experience, those two conditions have only about a 4% correlation.  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,041

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Campbell2N
    Botch said:
    Anyone have good recommandations for a tool belt? I’m tired of working on my barn and dropping tools off my ladder.
    Based on only my own experience, those two conditions have only about a 4% correlation.  
    I know, just trying to move the needle in a different direction here. It’s also a random thing I want/need. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,724
    Botch said:
    I know, just trying to move the needle in a different direction here. It’s also a random thing I want/need. 
    https://toolbelts.com/

Don’t know if you are a professional and have this level of need/want, but I hear really good things about the Diamondbacks. 

Buying quality only stings once. 
  • Campbell2N
    Botch said:

Don’t know if you are a professional and have this level of need/want, but I hear really good things about the Diamondbacks. 

That’s a great find! Too rich for my needs but definitely something to consider. Thank you @DoubleEgger
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,056
    dbCooper said:
    In the late seventies I worked at a car wash that had six gas pumps.  The manager was a heavy smoker, been in the gas station biz for 40+ years.  He'd prop his arms on top on a pump and puff away.  Many of us workers questioned him about the danger.  Response was nothing to worry about kid, the fumes travel 

ugggh stuck in the quote box.  Anyways my first job was a tire shop hooked to a gas station,  we did tires, oil changes, batteries.  The basics.  My manager was an old retired state trooper name “Sarg”.  He smoked camels without a filter.  The battery testing/storage area was stacked with towers of ash from Sarg setting down a smoke that was lit and walking away.  Lord bring back the 80s and 90s.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,724
    Botch said:

That’s a great find! Too rich for my needs but definitely something to consider. Thank you @DoubleEgger
    You could always buy just the belt and add pieces down the road (Christmas gifts). 
  • For roof or outdoor projects I like to use a bucket for all the random tools supplies etc.  for the roof I make sure it has weight at the bottom and add a short sledge if nothing else is heavy.  For ladder work I guess you could use a paint can hook and hang a bucket. 

Tool belts cause unexpected outcomes sometimes.  When I get work pants the tool hanging loop gets cut off first thing. If I don’t it seems to snag on things I walk by and one thing has to give. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,965
    I hate politics. EVERYONE loses and makes us grow farther apart as citizens. Policy is not a sports contest. 

With that said from me….Anyone have good recommandations for a tool belt? I’m tired of working on my barn and dropping tools off my ladder.
    Calling @jonessteave
    canuckland
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,130
    That was an amazing opening to the 2024 Olympics!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• danhoo
    danhoo Posts: 698
    A standard Friday night 

I must have missed the invite. the Dom Drouhin is very nice. Even nicer after a decade or so

current: | Large BGE |  Genesis 1000 | Genesis E330 | 22 inch Kettle | Weber Summit Kamado
    sold:| PitBoss pro 820  WSM 22 
  • Campbell2N

I sincerely hope that’s not you! Looks like something out of my laboratory safety “look what happens when you screw up” photos. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,965

I sincerely hope that’s not you! Looks like something out of my laboratory safety “look what happens when you screw up” photos. 
    Thanks for caring. Not me, I just turned Black  =)
    canuckland
  • Campbell2N
    Break out the brown water and let’s get going here. What’s everyone making for dinner tonight?
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,089
    Pizza.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• @Canugghead

Legitimately thought that was a nipple at first. (“C’mon now, this is a family-friendly forum!”)
  • Campbell2N
    Pizza.
    I’m waiting for the place I referenced in the local pizza price thread to open. 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,089
    Pizza.
    I’m waiting for the place I referenced in the local pizza price thread to open. 
    I’m making a white pizza, going to try a screen for the first time.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,176

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Campbell2N

This is something we can all get behind. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,547
    All now quiet on this front.  Had a great bull$hit evening with a few old (aren't they all) friends over wings and beers.  High drama and politics were the third rail and off-limits.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,547
    Bump as I am livin' a slow Friday right here.  Brown water flowing but planning nothing more than LEO.  
    Curious however, have you been attracted to any olympic sports that you have (or still are) participated in/enjoyed? Never mind your Olympic or not aspirations.  
    Yep-the singular one for me is the marathon.  Loved road running/racing and the solitude of thought provided.
    That was then and this is now-sucks to get old.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 198
    cycling. used to live on my bike. rode it 12 months of the year in Ontario. 30 years after and it's just gathering rust out back.
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,497
    I don’t really get into the summer games, however, the kayak cross event was pretty cool. Rugby was a cool one to watch with women. They marketed themselves really well and showed out. 
    Las Vegas, NV