Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friday night and the EggHead Forum option of the forum choices is eerie quiet- I need to get a life!

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,176
    Archery.  Unfortunately it gets about zero coverage in the greatest country in the Universe.

Also, Penzeys has the best deals.  $84 in taco seasoning and a mug for $18.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 175
    The job I was hoping to get called back for contacted my references. Hoping to hear something soon :fingers crossed: 

The money sucks compared to my old job but it’s good to get in bed with government. For the record I’m not a politician. 
  • Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 175
    Botch said:
    Dad had to leave my swingset up for me into my teens; I removed all the swings/etc and their bolts, and loved getting up on that top bar, swinging from my knees, straddling the bar and spinning 360º in each direction, dismounting by sliding my legs over the top, swinging back, and landing in a perfect stick.  I did try to swing back and forth, hoping to spin over the bar just holding on with my hands, but knocked the swingset over after about a 40º angle or so.  Never had any competitive dreams.  

However...

I actually did do two performances at the '02 Salt Lake City Winter Olympics; but not an athlete, as a musician!  

We actually got to do two shows. The first was in the Ogden bandshell the first week of the Games, 19º F; glad we only played one 45-minute set, our hands weren't working too well by the end. The second show, shown here, was in front of the Salt Lake County Courthouse:

Closing ceremonies were the next night, and it was a balmy 45º, much more pleasant and had a nice crowd. The huge televised events occurred in the Oly Stadium and up at Park City (where the oligarchs live), but they had other stages here and there, and we got hired to do two of them.  Despite the massive security measures (this was five months after 9/11) this was an absolute blast!
    Is this for real? You are officially the coolest person I (kinda) know if it is!
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,089
    COOL! @Botch
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025
    ...I talked my friend into hanging around for the award ceremony later that night (we were 2.5hrs from home) because I thought I may have placed. 
     As you might have guessed I won, that was the last time I cross country skied.  Sometimes all it takes is for someone to believe in you.

Talk about a High/Low story!  Did the organizers contact you at all?  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• alaskanassasin
    Botch said:
    ...I talked my friend into hanging around for the award ceremony later that night (we were 2.5hrs from home) because I thought I may have placed. 
     As you might have guessed I won, that was the last time I cross country skied.  Sometimes all it takes is for someone to believe in you.

We stayed for the awards ceremony, I won a medal and gold plate/wall hanger. My parents friends were pretty much speechless and apologized for not taking me seriously but it was totally understandable. The conditions were right for my style of race, (more muscle than skill), and passing people constantly is definitely a boost
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Wax plays a huge part in cross country skiing, especially classical skiing. Temps ranging around 32 are a nightmare, so you have to use sticky wax/paste in the kick zone of the ski which wears off quickly, once it’s gone you can’t really kick off so you use more upper body to help propel. I basically “double poled” my way to victory.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Botch said:

We stayed for the awards ceremony, I won a medal and gold plate/wall hanger. My parents friends were pretty much speechless and apologized for not taking me seriously but it was totally understandable. The conditions were right for my style of race, (more muscle than skill), and passing people constantly is definitely a boost
    That is awesome!!  Glad your coached pushed you and glad you listened!  Congrats on the win.

• Ozzie_Isaac

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,547
    Some great reads above.  Thanks for posting.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    Some great reads above.  Thanks for posting.  
    Morning!  Congrats on another successful Friday!

• Ozzie_Isaac

• lousubcap
    Friday night and all quiet here but thought I would serve this up from Ottawa-
    No limits! Go forth and do great things.  

"OH, CANADA: Officials in Ottawa said there are no geographic restrictions on where the Ukrainian military can use the equipment it has received from Canada, our own VERONIKA MELKOZEROVA reports.   

“Ukrainians know best how to defend their homeland, and we’re committed to supporting their capacity,” said ANDRÉE-ANNE POULIN, a spokesperson for the Canadian defense department. “Canada steadfastly supports Ukraine’s right to defend itself against Russia’s illegal and unjustifiable war — and that is why we have committed over $4 billion in military assistance to Ukraine.”

The Canadian clarification will likely only fuel Ukrainian consternation that the U.S., U.K. and France have maintained geographic restrictions on the use of weapons they’ve provided Kyiv.

Canada has provided Ukraine with M-777 Howitzers, Leopard tanks, Senator commercial pattern armored vehicles and rocket launchers. Ottawa also gave the Ukrainian military air defense equipment, including air defense missiles and 40,000 rounds of ammunition delivered in 2023."

Happy Friday.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,611
    Just stopped in to say hi @lousubcap

Have a great night.

Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • lousubcap
    Thanks @kl8ton ...
    Glad that life circumstances have moved beyond the every Friday covid Zoom sessions for well over a year back in 2020-21. But those gatherings were infused with socially redeeming qualities that definitely helped me navigate the environment.  

• alaskanassasin
    Time flies.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Happy Friday!!

• lousubcap
    Gotta make an airport run (around 24 miles away) in a few minutes.  Will make up for lost time upon return.
    Stay healthy and safe out there.
    Happy Friday!
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,130
    Anybody online?
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,041

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025
    I'm gonna whine for a bit.  I'll be glad to see this summer go.  I pulled my back badly (something I'd never done before) early June, and had to hire out my lawn mowing for about a month.  It got better [/python].  July was okay, but some irritating gum surgery the last week.  
    The first Monday of August the surgeon removed a few remaining stitches, but it was killing me to open my mouth, really sore in the left jaw (close, but not that close, to the surgery); he gave me a prescription of amoxicillin just in case and sent me home.  Two hours after the first dose, I got really irritated in a couple areas, by suppertime the entire inside of my mouth was covered with blood blisters (100% coverage) and was having trouble breathing.  
    Drove to the ER next morning, the doc had never seen that before but zeroed in on the amoxicillin.  I quit taking it.  Saw my personal doc the next day and he doubted it was the antibiotic, he had prescribed it 11 years prior w/no issues.  He gave me something else, but I've had blisters inside my mouth ever since; can't brush my teeth without bleeding and completely missed out on sweetcorn season this year :bawling:   Been sipping lukewarm soups all month, and finally was able to chew things the last two or three days.  So, I'll live, but damn it's been a miserable month, and a slow healing process [/whine]. 

On the bright side, I've lost 26 lbs.   

Off Whiney soapbox, it's Friday Night!  PBS' Washington Week on full volume!  :rock_on:  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• alaskanassasin
    WTF @Botch you are always having problems with your grill. I am sorry buddy hopefully you are over the hump.  I have some sweet corn in the freezer if you make it out this way.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,965
    @Botch I Disliked your post ^^^ Sorry to hear what you've been through, hope the worst is over and you get well before long. Take care.
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    Rolling in hot (at least for my age) to close out Friday- a few beers and some EH Taylor small batch (single barrel gets rationed) bourbon.  LEO a given-escape velocity TBD. 
    Happy Friday- 
  • college football starts at noon tomorrow with the ireland game, just over 12 hours away-- GO JACKETS
  • college football starts at noon tomorrow with the ireland game, just over 12 hours away-- GO JACKETS
    Where’s that big eyeball lookin emoji when you need it
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,724
    college football starts at noon tomorrow with the ireland game, just over 12 hours away-- GO JACKETS
    Hopefully this isn’t the high point of the season and they can keep the momentum going. It sure feels good today regardless.