Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friday night and the EggHead Forum option of the forum choices is eerie quiet- I need to get a life!

Options

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,724
    Options
    Box of 216 stupid tea bags with defective seal :angry:

canuckland
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,433
    Options
    Box of 216 stupid tea bags with defective seal :angry:

That’s what you get…tea belongs in a harbor. J/K
    Las Vegas, NV

• Canugghead
    Options
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,989
    Options

these 16 ounce steepware mugs work nice. i keep one in the house and one in the truck.  the slots for the teabag string, dont know why thats needed. this allows me to add some ground tellicherry pepper to make tea drinkable.....

a green ceramic tea mug sits in the foreground with a stainless steel tea infuser and lid behind it

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Canugghead
    Options
    @fishlessman , my favourite mugs at home for tea, I use Yeti for coffee and on the road. These bags have no string, supposed to be sealed all around but there's a small section that leaks.
    canuckland
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,989
    edited March 5
    Options
    hate it when the pics dont show after posting on this site

i like the big handle for on the boat wearing gloves at ice out anyways. has the ss strainer for loose tea and bagged with no string attached

No photo description available

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,833
    Options
    @fishlessman , my favourite mugs at home for tea, I use Yeti for coffee and on the road. These bags have no string, supposed to be sealed all around but there's a small section that leaks.
    Strangely I can’t drink coffee from stainless mugs, the taste of metal is overpowering. It’s a thing apparently 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,747
    Options
    My better half won’t drink anything out of a yeti or any stainless cup/tumbler for the same reason you mention.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    My better half won’t drink anything out of a yeti or any stainless cup/tumbler for the same reason you mention.
    Coffee is the only thing that bothers me, tell her she’s not alone!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Canugghead
    edited March 5
    Options
    Never thought about metal taste, it makes sense though. Use Yeti mainly for long sip and spillage avoidance.
    canuckland
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Never thought about metal taste, it makes sense though. Use Yeti mainly for long sip and spillage avoidance.
    It is weird, though I am not a yeti fan anyway because it keeps the coffee so hot for so long it’s lunch time before I can take a sip.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Canugghead
    Options
    hate it when the pics dont show after posting on this site

i like the big handle for on the boat wearing gloves at ice out anyways. has the ss strainer for loose tea and bagged with no string attached

No photo description available

Love the notch for teabag string, also acts as vent for smooth pouring?
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,904
    Options
    Bump if only for the calendar reference.  Been quite a week.  Nothing like being the life ring for a few disparate events.  All of which are self-sustaining as of now.  Saturday-TBD.  🥃
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Bump if only for the calendar reference.  Been quite a week.  Nothing like being the life ring for a few disparate events.  All of which are self-sustaining as of now.  Saturday-TBD.  🥃
    Hope all is okay, Cap. If anyone can handle rough waters, it is you. 

It could always be worse…. You could be Paul. 

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,960
    Options
    Folks it’s been fun, I have my own suspicions why the forum isn’t as active as in past years.   

Going to turn my interests/dialogue elsewhere.   

Wishing you all the best.   
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Folks it’s been fun, I have my own suspicions why the forum isn’t as active as in past years.   

Take us with you! If you find somewhere cool come back and get us at least.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,463
    Options

Stop by every now and again!  I enjoyed your voice of reason.

stay safe and vote in November!
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,328
    Options

Sad to see you go.  I’ll definitely miss seeing the inside of your garage.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Options
    "Beware The Ides of March" although today/evening looks to be quite benign.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Weekly bump and all quiet here.  Gonna remain so thru the evening as the prevailing beverage pattern calls for LEO (w/o escape velocity).
    Stay healthy and safe out there-
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,667
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Weekly bump and all quiet here.  
    That stops, now.

Three Eggcelent breakfast ideas and a Very Dark Turn:

https://youtu.be/jAbeBXAYztk?si=7U7217lD6ocOz3GP

Forget "partying" like it's 1999; just let me shop like that again.  

• Canugghead
    Options
    Experiencing another winter wallop, up to 7.5" expected when it ends in the morning. Can't complain though, been a very mild winter and used the snowblower only once or twice.
    canuckland
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,115
    Options
    Getting ready to mix a drink! Brown Water for sure!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Experiencing another winter wallop, up to 7.5" expected when it ends in the morning. Can't complain though, been a very mild winter and used the snowblower only once or twice.
    That repaired hairdryer ought to make short work of any accumulation. 

I may have used the snowblower maybe five times total this season. And in all honesty, a few of those was just me wanting to give the engine a run. 

Gotta say that it’s a nice change to see you get worse weather than we are having. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    That could jump start this place.  
  • Canugghead
    Options
    That repaired hairdryer ought to make short work of any accumulation. 

I may have used the snowblower maybe five times total this season. And in all honesty, a few of those was just me wanting to give the engine a run. 

Gotta say that it’s a nice change to see you get worse weather than we are having. 
    Wasn't too bad. Must say I got spoiled by Honda, still runs well despite years of neglect/abuse. 
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Typical old man with a lawn Friday evening.  However I was head-faked by an unannounced channel programming change so the DVR viewing lifestyle is on a longer pause. Programs have been since been DVR'd.  LEO is in play, escape velocity is looming.  
    It is Great Friday so there's that.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,328
    Options
    Should be some great basketball games on tonight for those interested.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike