Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friday night and the EggHead Forum option of the forum choices is eerie quiet- I need to get a life!

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Botch said:
    dbCooper said:
    We had a "snow squall" come thru last evening, evidently the first time ever for the area (SE Nebr).  I did not know they even existed, it's a short duration blizzard. 
    The planet's weather patterns are changing, in extreme amounts, worldwide due to climate change in the last 20 years or so.  I know there's a few folks here who claim it's nothing, or cyclical, but when insurance companies (who base their profits on real data, not beliefs) pull out of entire regions (flood ins. in the southeast, fire ins. in the west) everyone should be paying more attention.  
    I grew up in South Dakota, and tornadoes were a threat in July/August every summer.  Now they're hitting all over in the SE, the South, even UT (I missed a direct hit by two blocks 5 years ago), and year-round!!!  

But it's nothing, or cyclical; right?  
    I am only going to argue that yes climate change is cyclical. Are we influencing it or speeding it up, yes, but it happened many times before.
    The real question is whether or not there’s anything we can do about it.  If you accept that CO2 is a greenhouse gas (and this is a scientific fact), then it stands to reason we can.  
    The real question is WILL we do anything meaningful about it.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,233
    It is supposed to get down to 19 degrees next Tuesday night 3 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. I don't mind if the penguins move in but I could do without the polar bears.

my source for polar bear hair has been gone for awhile. best hair to tie streamer flies out there. would look forward to polar bears in texas =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    so for most of my life we had nor'eastahs up here, but now im supposed to say.....bombogenesis.....aint happening =).  

that last coastal storm we had filled the beach house basement with ocean water when high tide engulfed the place. looks like the water heater and the furnace burner will need replacing along with some electrical. had the burner hanging from the ceiling, next year im putting it upstairs. front stairs are gone but it looks like i dont need stairs anymore.......gained 3 feet of sand upfront. will post pics when my brother downloads them
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,597
    @fishlessman - recall you posting about that storm surge.  I'm sure it will be a battle with insurance.  Good luck.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    And we just rolled into slightly above 0*C/32*F after around 10 days of the polar vortex.  Thought the below was appropriate:

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    lousubcap said:
    @fishlessman - recall you posting about that storm surge.  I'm sure it will be a battle with insurance.  Good luck.

last time, maybe 20 years ago, we looked at flood insurance it was worth about 30k, about a third as much at the time to replace the structure not including upgrades like collapsible flood foundations etc. no one carries flood if they arent forced to in this area, it really isnt worth it. theres 5 islands out front to break down the big waves and the houses both sides of us have breaker walls which helps alot...... the house has been in the family for 75 plus/minus years, 3 times the water has gone around it, this times the worst so far but nothing we cant fix in along weekend or two unless something shows up when the foundation areas get cleaned up a bit. houses down the road didnt fair too well but those locations are right against the water. the roads in and out are wrecked, closed, walk in only
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    Thanks for the update.  Hope there aren't structural surprises. 
  • lousubcap
    Since it is late Friday night, time for a bump.  No worthwhile Friday insights here.  LEO is in play and for good reason. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,976
    Rescued from page two.
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    edited February 2
    A double header-Friday and Groundhog Day.  Definitely the high point of today for me.
    But I saw (opposite side of the Interstate) and a first for me regarding unmarked police cars.  I figured the unmarked SUV was the end on the line-not so fast.  Today I saw an unmarked pick-up truck with the blue lights blazing and some poor driver trying to explain his/her plight. 
    I believe DEI has entered the police vehicle force. 🏎🚔🛻
    Edit: Happy Friday and the bonus Groundhog Day!

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,052
    Pucksathaw, Thuxapawn.... Fuxadowny dammit   That stupid groundhog has a success rate of 39%.  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• lousubcap
    Who cares??
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,130
    I guess I do. I want warm weather, makes me feel better!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,977
    lousubcap said:
    A double header-Friday and Groundhog Day.  Definitely the high point of today for me.
    But I saw (opposite side of the Interstate) and a first for me regarding unmarked police cars.  I figured the unmarked SUV was the end on the line-not so fast.  Today I saw an unmarked pick-up truck with the blue lights blazing and some poor driver trying to explain his/her plight. 
    I believe DEI has entered the police vehicle force. 🏎🚔🛻
    Edit: Happy Friday and the bonus Groundhog Day!

Up here near the anus of the USA aka Chicago then the IHAP have been using all sorts of unmarked vehicles whether they are pickups, older cars, and yes many SUVs! After all some one some how has to feed the out of control Jelly Bean Pritzker!!!
  • lousubcap
    A weekly bump to see if your Friday is showing great promise or SOS.  
    Close to SOS here but with temps in the low 60's*F (16*C) so there's that.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,228

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 962
    You're a a god damned moron and that's coming from me and I'm a StunpBaby. Really, what the absolute ****?.
  • Ozzie_Isaac

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ybabpmuts said:
    You're a a god damned moron and that's coming from me and I'm a StunpBaby. Really, what the absolute ****?.

• Ozzie_Isaac

• Ozzie_Isaac
    @stumpbaby you might be too new around here to remember the past days of yore when Friday was a drunken free for all, @nolaegghead would get banned, fights would break out, and then Saturday people would wake up and either wonder what they did or what they missed.

either way, I forgive your snowflake new age mentality.

• danhoo
    danhoo Posts: 699

current: | Large BGE |  Genesis 1000 | Genesis E330 | 22 inch Kettle | Weber Summit Kamado
    sold:| PitBoss pro 820  WSM 22 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,145
    danhoo said:

OK that’s pretty funny, lol.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Ceremonial bump as it is Friday.  Pretty boring here.   SOS fits the description.  
    But there is this-so that's a big bonus.

Trump ordered to pay $355M in civil fraud ruling

Judge Arthur Engoron has ordered former President Trump to pay $355 million in New York Attorney General Letitia James's (D) civil fraud case, which accused Trump of inflating his assets for tax and insurance benefits.

It's a major financial blow to Trump, who was already ordered by a jury to pay $83.3 million to author E. Jean Carroll for defamation in a separate case after he denied her sexual assault allegation.

While Trump plans to appeal both rulings, as The Hill's Ella Lee reported, between the two judgments "Trump stands to lose 13 percent or more of his estimated net worth – if the estimations of his wealth are accurate."

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,145

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • I generally refrain from politics, but will ride @lousubcap’s wake to say that the orange man is beyond comprehension to me - and, quite frankly, to the world outside of the U.S.A.

If one despairs at the direction their country is taking, they need only look to the character of the officials they have elected to represent them. 

We’re all circling the bowl, to be fair, but good grief America, why the race to get there first?

”Off soapbox.”
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,629
    Happy Friday y'all. I have a very brief 2 hour kid free window!  Getting takeout for the wife and I. Indian food is the go-to. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton said:
    Happy Friday y'all. I have a very brief 2 hour kid free window!  Getting takeout for the wife and I. Indian food is the go-to. 
    I know the feeling. Enjoy the adult time!
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446
    @stumpbaby you might be too new around here to remember the past days of yore when Friday was a drunken free for all, @nolaegghead would get banned, fights would break out, and then Saturday people would wake up and either wonder what they did or what they missed.

either way, I forgive your snowflake new age mentality.
    Ahh the good old days 😞
    Jacksonville FL