Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friday night and the EggHead Forum option of the forum choices is eerie quiet- I need to get a life!

Options

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,583
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Next...

If you have double jointed rearview mirror, is your arm between the two pivots pointing down? If so, try swinging it up as much as possible, then adjust the mirror using the pivot right behind it. Thank me later  ;)
    canuckland
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,827
    Options
    Botch said:
    Okay, here’s a query:  What’s the longest you’ve waited in line to buy tickets for an event?  

For me, it was three days.  Iowa State U, local radio station had an Announcement to make at 1 pm.  Finally!  The Who were coming to ISU for a concert!  We quickly asked around our coed dorm floor, got 30 commitments, and sent three to the concert hall to wait in line (I was one of them).  
    They had a neat queuing system: after the first lineup, we were all given a numbered ticket, and we could each buy 10 tickets at the final lineup.  Every 6 hours we all had to get back in line, and were given a new ticket, different color, with our corresponding number.  As long as we were there to get back into line for the new ticket, we were guaranteed 10 tix on the final day, per person.  
    My dorm floor quickly arranged a rotation program, replacing each “placeholder/guy in line” with a new person, every 12 hours.  As long as you showed up for the new ticket, every 6 hours, you kept your place in line.  
    NOW, the 12 hours between rotations: WOW, what a party!  Bands spontaneously set up, pizzas were constantly delivered, tents set up, beer brought by dorm floor friends not on rotation, and a certain herb smoke was quite thick and aromatic (this concerned me a bit, as I was there on a full-ride ROTC scholarship with random drug testing, the concert itself was in a similar “atmosphere”).  I understand there were also deep piles of elicit sex, but being a freshman engineer nerd reeking of Clearasil, I simply “understood”.  
    We got half the second row and half the third row, stage right, right in front of Pete Townsend.  The guitar players from the dorm floor were going nuts; Pete had NINE Les Pauls on stands, each clearly marked with white tape, all set to a different tuning; Wow!  This was their first concert without Keith Moon, but they just killed.  
    The whole process was hella fun, and I’ll always remember it.  
    Never waited for tickets. Did jump over a fence to see a concert though. Twisted sister was playing, Rita ford, a few others
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,508
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I have no idea about the double jointed mirror but a double jointed romper room partner...
    I have never been so lucky!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I have no idea about the double jointed mirror but a double jointed romper room partner...
    I have never been so lucky!
    The joint (pivot) at the base is the neglected child.
    canuckland
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I was just about rear ended today while yielding for an emergency vehicle. Watching it all unfold in my mirror I chose to S turn into someone’s front yard… did I use “S turn” correctly?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,637
    Options
    Botch said:
    Okay, here’s a query:  What’s the longest you’ve waited in line to buy tickets for an event?  

For me, it was three days.  Iowa State U, local radio station had an Announcement to make at 1 pm.  Finally!  The Who were coming to ISU for a concert!  We quickly asked around our coed dorm floor, got 30 commitments, and sent three to the concert hall to wait in line (I was one of them).  
    They had a neat queuing system: after the first lineup, we were all given a numbered ticket, and we could each buy 10 tickets at the final lineup.  Every 6 hours we all had to get back in line, and were given a new ticket, different color, with our corresponding number.  As long as we were there to get back into line for the new ticket, we were guaranteed 10 tix on the final day, per person.  
    My dorm floor quickly arranged a rotation program, replacing each “placeholder/guy in line” with a new person, every 12 hours.  As long as you showed up for the new ticket, every 6 hours, you kept your place in line.  
    NOW, the 12 hours between rotations: WOW, what a party!  Bands spontaneously set up, pizzas were constantly delivered, tents set up, beer brought by dorm floor friends not on rotation, and a certain herb smoke was quite thick and aromatic (this concerned me a bit, as I was there on a full-ride ROTC scholarship with random drug testing, the concert itself was in a similar “atmosphere”).  I understand there were also deep piles of elicit sex, but being a freshman engineer nerd reeking of Clearasil, I simply “understood”.  
    We got half the second row and half the third row, stage right, right in front of Pete Townsend.  The guitar players from the dorm floor were going nuts; Pete had NINE Les Pauls on stands, each clearly marked with white tape, all set to a different tuning; Wow!  This was their first concert without Keith Moon, but they just killed.  
    Never waited for tickets. Did jump over a fence to see a concert though. Twisted sister was playing, Rita ford, a few others
    Rita was Lita Ford's sister, the one that played the accordion, right?

I crawled under some peeled up chain link to sneak into a Grateful Dead concert once.  At least that's how I remember it. 1988ish, Irvine Meadows.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Legume said:
    Botch said:

I crawled under some peeled up chain link to sneak into a Grateful Dead concert once.  At least that's how I remember it. 1988ish, Irvine Meadows.

Was Rita, hard rock, my mistake. Mid 80s. Was in a sandpit, great concert. Twisted sister supplied beers
    fukahwee maine

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,369
    Options
    I was just about rear ended today while yielding for an emergency vehicle. Watching it all unfold in my mirror I chose to S turn into someone’s front yard… did I use “S turn” correctly?

A few months ago a violent priority call came out as I was approaching a busy intersection. I turned on my lights and sirens and started to go. I got to the intersection, stopped to make sure the intersection was clear. A cross traffic vehicle stopped and as I went to go through, someone rear ended them. It appeared minor and I kept going. I did felt bad about it, but I there were places I had to be. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• fishlessman
    Options
    Legume said:
    Botch said:

Was Rita, hard rock, my mistake. Mid 80s. Was in a sandpit, great concert. Twisted sister supplied beers
    Darnit, Lita, solo after the runaways😁
    fukahwee maine

• Canugghead
    Options

A few months ago a violent priority call came out as I was approaching a busy intersection. I turned on my lights and sirens and started to go. I got to the intersection, stopped to make sure the intersection was clear. A cross traffic vehicle stopped and as I went to go through, someone rear ended them. It appeared minor and I kept going. I did felt bad about it, but I there were places I had to be. 
    Hopefully the car that got hit had a dashcam, even better a rear facing one too.
    canuckland
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Hopefully the car that got hit had a dashcam, even better a rear facing one too.
    I don’t think this accident happened in Russia 🤪
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Canugghead
    Options

This is not www.ozon.ru 🤪
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=%2B%22rear%22+dash+cam&crid=ELDJPUVW29PE&sprefix=rear+dash+cam%2Caps%2C96&ref=nb_sb_noss_1
    canuckland
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=%2B%22rear%22+dash+cam&crid=ELDJPUVW29PE&sprefix=rear+dash+cam%2Caps%2C96&ref=nb_sb_noss_1
    I had a dash cam in my last car but it was a piece of junk and never worked properly.  Some of those in your link look next level.  I do wonder what percentage of vehicles have them in the US.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,365
    Options

I had a dash cam in my last car but it was a piece of junk and never worked properly.  Some of those in your link look next level.  I do wonder what percentage of vehicles have them in the US.
    My guess is that it's in single digits.

However, I'm surprised they aren't yet standard equipment in all vehicles. 
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HeavyG said:

My guess is that it's in single digits.

However, I'm surprised they aren't yet standard equipment in all vehicles. 
    The fact that they’re not would seem to indicate that demand for them just isn’t all that high.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Big brother will eventually demand the cameras for legal purposes just like the data recorders in the cars now.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • HeavyG
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Big brother will eventually demand the cameras for legal purposes just like the data recorders in the cars now.  
    My thinking is that one of the primary drivers (so to speak) will be auto insurance companies. 

Also, as most vehicles these days already have rear backup cams installed and many cars already have a variety of sensors at the front of the vehicle for braking/lane-keeping features adding a cam for video seems a trivial thing.

The problem with aftermarket dashcams is that they're a PITA to deal with and most folks won't want the hassle. Integrating them into the vehicle at the factory seems a no brainer to me.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,188
    edited November 2023
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    lousubcap said:
    My thinking is that one of the primary drivers (so to speak) will be auto insurance companies. 

Also, as most vehicles these days already have rear backup cams installed and many cars already have a variety of sensors at the front of the vehicle for braking/lane-keeping features adding a cam for video seems a trivial thing.

The problem with aftermarket dashcams is that they're a PITA to deal with and most folks won't want the hassle. Integrating them into the vehicle at the factory seems a no brainer to me.
    Porsche has an option to add an integrated dashcam already.  It is a $130 option .... Then you buy the Porsche dashcam itself for ~$500.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    my Forerunner came with one.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    my Forerunner came with one.
    Sounds like you got a dirty version of a 4Runner.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • HeavyG
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    lousubcap said:

Porsche has an option to add an integrated dashcam already.  It is a $130 option .... Then you buy the Porsche dashcam itself for ~$500.

So...convert Por$che bucks into Honda/Toyota/Subaru/Nissan bucks it becomes a fifty dollar option. Cool!

• Canugghead
    Options

Our first dash cam was junky too. The current one works well most of the time.
    canuckland
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,434
    Options

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Canugghead
    Options
    kl8ton said:

If I have to guess it's over 90%, I'll take my chances  ;)
    canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Drunk. Good night.  Happy Sunday.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    For those of us who had to deal with Sunday AM's time change-here is the first Friday with Standard time since March.  Things looking better?? B)
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    In reference to your tag line. I think most fish have to be moving through the water in order for their gills to work, so I guess if you were trying to drown one you would just hold it under water.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,518
    Options
    In reference to your tag line. I think most fish have to be moving through the water in order for their gills to work, so I guess if you were trying to drown one you would just hold it under water.

I’d read, somewhere a long time ago, that if you pulled a fish thru the water backwards, its gills wouldn’t work and it would drown.  I’d rather tuna piano than drown a fish, so I’ve never tried it.  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Botch said:

I’d read, somewhere a long time ago, that if you pulled a fish thru the water backwards, its gills wouldn’t work and it would drown.  I’d rather tuna piano than drown a fish, so I’ve never tried it.  
    I am not a fan of tuna in a piano.  It smells really bad.
  • Ybabpmuts
    Options
    I think the saying is ...

You can tuna piano but you can't tuna fish.