Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

1308309310311312314»

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,477
    Bringing it on a Sunday right here-way to offer new opportunities with great results.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,477
    Plated means focusing on the artistry- the $$ shot tells the cook story.  Great $$ shot. BTW- looks like a tenderloin.  Nailed it whatever.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,122
    Grilled a bacon wrapped jalapeño/cream cheese stuffed pork loin tonight. Also basted it in Jack Millers bbq sauce. Turned out really good.  Didn’t get a chance to take a plated pic but served it with some fresh green beans and a salad.  Haven’t cooked in a while due to life.   
    That looks European to me!  Post up in the International cook thread

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• lousubcap said:
    Plated means focusing on the artistry- the $$ shot tells the cook story.  Great $$ shot. BTW- looks like a tenderloin.  Nailed it whatever.

You are right.  It was a tenderloin.  It’s been a Monday. lol Also, thanks!
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,680
    Cheese straws 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,794
    CTMike said:
    NYT New England Clam Chowder. Complete and total PITA to make - mainly for presentation purposes I assume, but damn if it isn’t about the best chowder I’ve ever had. It was s’posed to be topped with crumbled potato chips, but we had some day old cheddar focaccia that needed a home so I made croutons with it, and to be honest, I ate the potato chips. 

Basically everything is made separately and then assembled in individual bowls:

- potato puree with EVOO, heavy cream, and salt
    - clam broth from shucking, thickened with unflavored gelatin
    - bacon cream (cook up the bacon until crisp, turn off the heat, and pour in 1 cup heavy cream and let rest - remove the bacon and chop for garnish
    - onion jam
    - chive oil
    - recipe called for whole clams but SWMBO and I can’t stand the bellies. 

This is dedication to craft. Sounds delicious!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 181
    I know nothing of shakshuka, but that looks really tasty.
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Hook_emHornsfan_74 Posts: 1,418
    Quick bun less burger tonight for dinner with roasted green chili and Swiss cheese. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,122

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard