Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options
1294295296297298300»

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,853
    Options
    Kiddos win.  Quite a sugar high waiting to be consumed right there.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Wooderson
    Wooderson Posts: 360
    Options
    MasterC said:
    Thanks to cazzy and JohninCarolina for the monster chop recipe. I couldn't wait.

Indirect at 220° for forty minutes. Pulled when reaching 135°, rested for 10 minutes. 
    Placed in a hot cast iron skillet pooled with bacon grease for the sear.

I just couldn't help myself and made some gravy

Delicious 
    I would smash this. Nice showing
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,720
    Options
    MasterC said:
    Sausage sandwiches with peppers, onions and cheddar cheese.

Nice! But is that skinny sausage or monster bread?
    Not a felon
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,392
    Options
    Spicy and hot is smaller in diameter than the original conecuh. Yeah the breads thick but it soaks up all the cayenne infused evoo the peppers and onion were cooked in. Twas tasty 
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @MasterC - as always, a banquet right there.  I would crush one of those.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,415
    Options
    MasterC said:

Got a pack of that sausage in the fridge.
  • Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 87
    edited June 28
    Options
    MasterC said:

I’ve looked up where I can buy this sausage I’ve seen so often on this site here locally. I found a few stores (I NEVER would have expected they’d have it). Can’t wait to try it. That sandwich looks incredible. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,147
    Options
    Nice y’all.  

Sort of a lame plan tonight, but I’ve recently discovered that I’ve been missing out on the convenience of the air fryer. Got one several weeks ago and have not been disappointed yet. Doing traditional chicken wings tonight and they’re looking good. Don’t expect them to turn out amazing, but for the small effort involved I’m impressed. Only wish it would do more wings at once. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Nice y’all.  

Sort of a lame plan tonight, but I’ve recently discovered that I’ve been missing out on the convenience of the air fryer. Got one several weeks ago and have not been disappointed yet. Doing traditional chicken wings tonight and they’re looking good. Don’t expect them to turn out amazing, but for the small effort involved I’m impressed. Only wish it would do more wings at once. 
    Jealous. I love wings in the air fryer. Though I can’t complain, as I did some earlier this week. 🙂

I love crispy wings and have found that browning them at higher temps and then turning down for a long fat rendering gives me sensational results. 
  • Dyal_SC
    edited June 28
    Options
    One batch with Buffalo wild wing asian zing sauce.  Made 4 batches with different flavors.  Pretty spot on. 

@GrateEggspectations, what do you find is your sweet spot on time and temp?  These were dried off with paper towels, dusted with baking powder, little bit of Lawry’s, at 400 deg f, sprayed with some PAM canola, for about 20-22 minutes, shaking a coupla times during the cook. Tossed with sauce when they came out. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    One batch with Buffalo wild wing asian zing sauce.  Made 4 batches with different flavors.  Pretty spot on. 

@GrateEggspectations, what do you find is your sweet spot on time and temp?  These were dried off with paper towels, dusted with baking powder, little bit of Lawry’s, at 400 deg f, for about 22 minutes, shaking a coupla times during the cook. Tossed with sauce when they came out. 
    Kinda like @caliking and ingredients, I do it by feel and don’t really recall cook times. Next time I do it, I’ll try to remember to make a note. But I usually go 400 or maybe 425 on air fry (maybe 10mins per side, but that’s a guess) and then lower it to 300 until it’s in the sweet spot. I find this gives me the results I am seeking much more so than the wings setting on the air fryer (Gourmia). Even just with S&P, I can’t get enough. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    Nice, this is the small instapot version of the air fryer.  Less than $100. Used the air fry setting as well. Was hesitant about another appliance gadget on the counter to be honest, but use it almost daily for the kids’ French fry habit. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Options

lol that one’s a classic and it does look like grandma Dyal. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Nice, this is the small instapot version of the air fryer.  Less than $100. Used the air fry setting as well. Was hesitant about another appliance gadget on the counter to be honest, but use it almost daily for the kids’ French fry habit. 
    Agree re: counter space. I aspire to minimalism in terms of the kitchen. We store it in the pantry between uses. 

What were the other flavours, and was there a favourite?
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations , one batch of Asian zing, 2 batches of Parmesan garlic, and a batch of plain for the kids that they dipped in ketchup. Wife’s fave is the parm garlic. Those store bought BWW sauces are good, so are the kinders flavors. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Ketchup dipped for the win! 🙃 Bet the boys loved them. 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Great cut going in and ever better after the cook.  Sweet.  Rib eye-my favourite (nod) steak cut and you nailed it.