Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 23,130
    edited July 17
    lousubcap said:
    Having spent a few years in Hawaii, spam is king.  Enjoy it for what it is and the many creative ways it is incorporated into food dishes.  The salt content is a bit heavy but there you are.  FWIW-
    @caliking - a beautiful plate right there. 
    Before Austin went all “tech-bro” we used to have a Spam-O-Rama festival where like 100 teams would create their best spam dish and sell it for charity. The booth that raised the most money, won. It was awesome. Spam corn dogs were awesome. They had several categories from spam art to fine dining, and the Spamalympics. Pretty sure beers were like $2.  I miss the old Austin. 

Definitely worth a read haha. It was glorious. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,477
    Thanks for that read.  What a great event.  Spam burnt ends (riffed off the pork belly recipe) make a great appetizer.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,006
    lousubcap said:
    Having spent a few years in Hawaii, spam is king.  Enjoy it for what it is and the many creative ways it is incorporated into food dishes.  The salt content is a bit heavy but there you are.  FWIW-
    @caliking - a beautiful plate right there. 
    Before Austin went all “tech-bro” we used to have a Spam-O-Rama festival where like 100 teams would create their best spam dish and sell it for charity. The booth that raised the most money, won. It was awesome. Spam corn dogs were awesome. They had several categories from spam art to fine dining, and the Spamalympics. Pretty sure beers were like $2.  I miss the old Austin. 

Definitely worth a read haha. It was glorious. 

That sounds glorious.  If only we knew someone with a ranch that is not too far from Austin that could host something like that...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    Great eats and food magazine cover photos right there.  Eating well.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 23,130
    Used some leftover pork char siu to make up some fried rice:

Pretty, pretty, pretty good!
    That is an awesome idea! I bet that was delicious!
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    Heat index only 97 here today with 93% humidity. Our fall teaser too lol
  • Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 175
    edited July 19
    @GrateEggspectations
    I really need to do another brisket again soon. 
  • lousubcap
    I would crush that but it does merit stand alone podium treatment.  Great result.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    Char siu pork fried rice again.  Threw in some mixed veggies this time:
    We

Looks perfect, no need to try again ;) How about some Char Siu Bao tomorrow?
    canuckland
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,974
    Char siu pork fried rice again.  Threw in some mixed veggies this time:
    We

Looks perfect, no need to try again ;) How about some Char Siu Bao tomorrow?
    I’ve never tried making Bao, but it’s definitely right up my alley.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172

Tri tip rubbed in Meat Church (an experiment) and an attempt at a Cajun inspired Pork Tenderloin.   

Both hanging out waiting for tonight’s heat.  
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,802
    2 racks of baby backs, homemade potato salad, and BBQ beans.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• TechsasJim
    On the menu for tonight.   Had a Grandson 2 days ago and a birthday yesterday.  

Wagyu Tomahawks, cigars and bourbon will be had this evening to celebrate all.  

• lousubcap
    Great cause for celebration.
    Hopefully you paid no more than "prime grade" pricing as I don't see the hallmark wagyu marbling.
  • TechsasJim
    lousubcap said:
    Great cause for celebration.
    Hopefully you paid no more than "prime grade" pricing as I don't see the hallmark wagyu marbling.
    Correct Frank, paid accordingly as you referenced.  No way those 2 get fully consumed, not with just my SIL and I eating them but will do our damndest.  
  • Eggpharmer
    Eggpharmer Posts: 500

PSB 
    Austin, TX
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,321
    @TechsasJim - Happy belated birthday and congrats on the grandson.  Is this your first grandkid?
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • TechsasJim
    dbCooper said:
    @TechsasJim - Happy belated birthday and congrats on the grandson.  Is this your first grandkid?
    Thanks man, yes it is!!!   Sitting on my SIL’s back patio smoking cigars with Tomahakws on the Pit Boss 
  • Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 175

I would dominate that on a tortilla with sour cream…
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,224
    Great cooks above!  Now I want beef, meatloaf and fried rice. 

Simple butt today. Just regular pulled pork that is taking too long for dinner tonight. Will pull it and have sandwiches tomorrow. 

Peeked at it once to stir the JD oak chips a little. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    Turf and turf

Almost like Ron Swanson intended!  Excellent cook!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI