Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• First butt in a while. A little light on smoke but we prefer it that way. 
    Looks great. Are some of the veg from the garden?
  • Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 175

First butt in a while. A little light on smoke but we prefer it that way. 
    Beans, tomato and carrots are all from the organic farm. Cabbage is from the store. 

Beans, tomato and carrots are all from the organic farm. Cabbage is from the store. 
    Was pretty sure on the beans and tomato, but don’t want to be presumptuous. So much better than store bought.

Was pretty sure on the beans and tomato, but don’t want to be presumptuous. So much better than store bought.
    We don’t grow vegetables, but we’re lucky to have generous neighbours who often leave deliveries on our doorstep. Some pretty great people out there.

• Campbell2N

First butt in a while. A little light on smoke but we prefer it that way. 
    We don’t grow vegetables, but we’re lucky to have generous neighbours who often leave deliveries on our doorstep. Some pretty great people out there.

Heck yeah that’s a nice basket on the doorstep!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998
    GrateEggspectations said:

Ah, I was wondering what those things were mixed in with the green beans; looked like pasta to me.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,122
    Elote soup.  Did clam chowder last night, which was a miss, so trying something new tonight.  Not sure what the fam will think since there is no meat.  (I did use bacon fat and a dash of chicken stock just so people don’t think I went vegan)

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited August 5
    Elote soup was a bust (feedback was, yeah this is “meh” it has texture like baby food).  Two nights in a row.  Getting tired of cooking at the moment. My family likes roughly 4 different meals.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    Elote soup was a bust (feedback was, yeah this is “meh” it has texture like baby food).  Two nights in a row.  Getting tired of cooking at the moment. My family likes roughly 4 different meals.
    I’m like you. Tired of the same five meals on repeat. I venture out. Sometimes I’m the only eater. Annoying. Can’t stand fast food
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    MSM after 11-day cure and 16-hr smoke. Ready for steaming any day/time.

That is the biggest hunk of mechanically separated meat (MSM) I have seen.  It looks way better than any chicken nugget I have ever seen.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,477
    Yes, sir.  Nailed that steak right there.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,802
    Thanks Cap, it was good.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited August 6
    Perfect fit on the mini for a sear!  That looks amazing.

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,321
    Nice looking steak @shtgunal3
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Campbell2N
    WeberWho said:
    Peaches with brown sugar, cinnamon, and hot honey served with vanilla ice cream for National Night Out. 

Awesome, one of my favorites!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998
    WeberWho said:
    Peaches with brown sugar, cinnamon, and hot honey served with vanilla ice cream for National Night Out. 

BotchTip™:  Replace the hot honey with a half-Tblspn of Capt Morgan's Spiced Rum.   ;)  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208
    Botch said:
    WeberWho said:

BotchTip™:  Replace the hot honey with a half-Tblspn of Capt Morgan's Spiced Rum.   ;)  

Yes sir! My plan was to do bourbon glaze with pecans but I was limited with time. I did want to try the hot honey as several different recipes called for honey. The hot honey was a substitute for the cayenne that I usually add. The hot honey is a keeper. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,006
    zaphod said:
    did Toad In The Hole - adapted from this cookbook passed down from my great grandmother:

and roasted some whole onions on the grill rings sauced up with "House of Q" Sugar and Spice for the last 20 min.

TBH, the onions could have been done more, or at a higher heat - they still had a bit of tang and not enough caramelizing. The Toad in the hole was inhaled by us. That 2.5L french white lasted about 14 minutes...
    I had to google Toad in the Hole.  Thanks for posting that.  It could be a standalone thread.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Foghorn said:
    zaphod said:
    did Toad In The Hole - adapted from this cookbook passed down from my great grandmother:

and roasted some whole onions on the grill rings sauced up with "House of Q" Sugar and Spice for the last 20 min.

TBH, the onions could have been done more, or at a higher heat - they still had a bit of tang and not enough caramelizing. The Toad in the hole was inhaled by us. That 2.5L french white lasted about 14 minutes...
    I had to google Toad in the Hole.  Thanks for posting that.  It could be a standalone thread.
    Not often you find an appealing use of lambs kidney!

• zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 181
    Foghorn said:
    Not often you find an appealing use of lambs kidney!

Mrs. Beeton did not specify the meat to be used.  I did not use lambs kidney - but I do remember mom making steak and kidney pie when I was a kid. interesting chew.
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,802
    Hot dogs on the Weber gasser. 

Don’t judge me, I came home to a clogged washer drain and had that to deal with after work.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    Been up since well before dawn for a 9# butt.  

Pretty pedestrian but that’s about all I’ve done recently.  Ribs, steaks, blah blah…
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited August 10
    Tried making a French omelette.  Presentation not so great, but flavors and texture are great.  Need a proper non-stick pan I think.