Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,477
    @GrateEggspectations , that opening photo is definitely food magazine cover shot quality.  What a productive and enjoyable bike ride.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,224
    Looks great @U_tarded and @JohnnyTarheel !  Love the variety everyone is posting today. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,122
    Working on some Fondant Potatoes (thanks to @cmac610 ) … I will do this outside next time.  I have managed to splash hot oil on pretty much everything 😂

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Working on some Fondant Potatoes (thanks to @cmac610 ) … I will do this outside next time.  I have managed to splash hot oil on pretty much everything 😂

A splatter guard is your friend. 
  • cmac610
    cmac610 Posts: 215
    Working on some Fondant Potatoes (thanks to @cmac610 ) … I will do this outside next time.  I have managed to splash hot oil on pretty much everything 😂

A splatter guard is your friend. 
    Lookin’ good! How’d they turn out?
    Craig aka Cmac Cooks
    Amesbury, MA
    #BGETeamGreen #TeamArteflame #TeamBarrelProof #TeamGozney
    XL BGE, Mini-Max, La Caja China, Arteflame Classic 40, Arteflame One 20, Arteflame Euro 20, Cotton Gin Harvester, Weber Classic, Gozney Dome, Anova wifi Sous Vide.
  • Tagliarelle extra thin pasta served with chuck roast, onions plenty of garlic and tomatoes.

In a large pot brown the chuck roast
    8-10 onions (not finely chopped)
    Add garlic(a whole bulb)
    Italian herbs
    1 tin chopped tomatoes 
    S&P
    Bay leaf

Leave to cook till meat is tender, stir every now and then
    Take meat out and slice move to a bowl and add a bit of sauce between every slice
    Continue cooking sauce for a little bit longer 
    Cook pasta of choice 
    Serve

You had me at “whole bulb”. 
  • lousubcap
    @johnmitchell - Great plate right there.  Nailed the cook.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    First batch of jerky with the new equipment. Addictive is an understatement. 

That slicer, I didn’t realize, has to be a game changer for jerky.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Not dinner, and not a Dr, so probably wrong thread, but making omelets.  Eggs got a little brown on them, which I wanted to avoid.  So need to adjust temps a skosh.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,681
    First batch of jerky with the new equipment. Addictive is an understatement. 

That slicer, I didn’t realize, has to be a game changer for jerky.
    Yes sir. So easy to provide consistency. Every piece of jerky tastes and chews the exact same. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,595
    @johnmitchell  Awesome looking meal... you know I don't live that far from you....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • DoubleEgger
    Salmon with a lavender based rub I bought at a Lavender Festival in Sequim WA. 

• lousubcap
    Sequim is quite a hike from GA-they can do salmon extremely well in the PNW.   Looking good right there.  
  • DoubleEgger
    edited August 12
    lousubcap said:
    Sequim is quite a hike from GA-they can do salmon extremely well in the PNW.   Looking good right there.  
    The wife and I recently spent some time at Olympic and Rainier National Parks to escape the miserable Georgia heat and humidity. Beautiful country out there. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998
    lousubcap said:
    The wife and I recently spent some time at Olympic and Rainier National Parks to escape the miserable Georgia heat and humidity. Beautiful country out there. 
    I got to attend two separate two-week courses up there, both during the last 2 weeks of Aug/first 2 in September, when the rain mostly stops and it becomes the most beautiful area in the US.  Love it up there.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    Tried making a French omelette.  Presentation not so great, but flavors and texture are great.  Need a proper non-stick pan I think.

Julia childs used a shiny highly polished thick aluminum skillet.  Boston bean pot company used to sell them. You can't make beans without a proper bean pot anyways😁
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • booksw
    booksw Posts: 497

Conecuh original on a poppyseed bun with organic farm collard greens and candy stripe beets. 

Really good meal. 
    that looks like some good mustard!
    Johns Is, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs
  • Most rin racks I've ever done on the XL. Thought I would have to use the 2nd tier rack, but didn't. Could fit 8 racks easily on the base grid, and if I used a 2nd tier grid, could get another 3 or 4 on top. Couldn't believe how many I could get on the XL. 

I tried a variant of my normal ribs, adding frank's hot sauce and sprinkled crushed chili flakes onto a few racks. Those were the absolute BEST! 

Smoked for 3h, then wrapped for 1h15 min, then rested wrapped for about 30 min before serving. I skipped the final glaze because people were getting hungry, but they tasted fantastic. 

Looks great. I often do ribs on the MM with good success. The only thing I find about the racks is that when saucing time comes, it’s less than ideal. Otherwise great. 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,802

$10 worth of pork steaks. Hard to tell in the pic but they are fairly thick. All together just under 4lbs

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,802

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .