Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    ^^^better be lucky than good, home made dumplings?
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    edited August 19
    recert is just a sticker last time i had it done. just a visual once over and the guy peeled a sticker off another tank =) that guy is now retired so things may have changed
    I didn't know better years ago when I bought a GM vehicle new and fell for the overpriced rust protection add-on. The agreement had a fine print that stipulated an annual inspection by the stealer. First anniv. came and I took the morning off work to visit the stealership... the service desk guy rubber stamped my inspection certificate without even getting his fat a** off the stool  =)

Edit: years later that car was totalled when a kid driving his mom's pos hit us, the front right passenger door panel was ripped inside out and guess what? the tar like rust treatment missed the entire panel. They are called stealer for a reason.
    canuckland
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    Homemade. Neighbors are from northern china somewhere near the n Korean border. The women were older and all in white dress, assuming something bad happened in the family.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Canugghead
    Homemade. Neighbors are from northern china somewhere near the n Korean border. The women were older and all in white dress, assuming something bad happened in the family.
    Wheat flour is main staple in the north, rice in the south. White means death in the family, red for happy occasions, e.g. new year, birthday, wedding.
    canuckland
  • fishlessman
    Wheat flour is main staple in the north, rice in the south. White means death in the family, red for happy occasions, e.g. new year, birthday, wedding.
    The red sauce has some type of meat base to it that I have not figured out yet, my Chinese is not so good but the sauce is just different.  In the morning the women got up early and raided my blueberry row. Was kinda funny they thought they were getting away with it. Seasons over anyways
    fukahwee maine

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,604
    Soup. Boudin, kale, lentils, potatoes, Rotel, and some hot sauce. Not finished yet.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,802

1/2 lb wagyu burgers

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,970
    shtgunal3 said:

1/2 lb wagyu burgers
    Uhm hate to break this to you man but that one in the middle is nowhere near half a pound.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Canugghead
    @fishlessman blueberries for dumplings, sounds fair  ;)
    canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,477
    I have a real issue with Heartbrand and their shipping charges.  Here are their published charges:

"For orders $300+ in the U.S., free shipping will automatically apply. For orders $200+ to Texas residents when the shipping address is located in Texas, free shipping will automatically apply. For all other orders $100+, the shipping cost will be 25% of the order total. For all other orders under $100, a $25 shipping fee will apply. HeartBrand Beef ships to all physical addresses in the continental United States. We cannot ship to PO Boxes. All orders are shipped with ‘No Signature Required’."
    Around once or twice a year they would offer a discount shipping program and I would always jump on it.  That hook disappeared quite a few years ago and I have not purchased from them since.  The quality is good but not at the upcharge.
    SRF was over the top with shipping several years ago but have since moderated their structure.  
    One can only hope here.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998
    shtgunal3 said:

1/2 lb wagyu burgers
    Uhm hate to break this to you man but that one in the middle is nowhere near half a pound.  
    Nor could the other four.  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• Botch
    Soup. Boudin, kale, lentils, potatoes, Rotel, and some hot sauce. Not finished yet.
    Gulf coast, in mid-August?  :confounded:

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,012
    Cooking a strata with sourdough, will top with bruschetta-style chunky relish
    Not a felon
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,604
    Botch said:
    Gulf coast, in mid-August?  :confounded:
    I had everything but the kale and eating out is expensive. Besides our summer won’t end for another 3 months. Paid house and car insurance this month.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,802
    lousubcap said:
    I have a real issue with Heartbrand and their shipping charges.  Here are their published charges:

"For orders $300+ in the U.S., free shipping will automatically apply. For orders $200+ to Texas residents when the shipping address is located in Texas, free shipping will automatically apply. For all other orders $100+, the shipping cost will be 25% of the order total. For all other orders under $100, a $25 shipping fee will apply. HeartBrand Beef ships to all physical addresses in the continental United States. We cannot ship to PO Boxes. All orders are shipped with ‘No Signature Required’."
    Around once or twice a year they would offer a discount shipping program and I would always jump on it.  That hook disappeared quite a few years ago and I have not purchased from them since.  The quality is good but not at the upcharge.
    SRF was over the top with shipping several years ago but have since moderated their structure.  
    One can only hope here.  FWIW-
    Thanks for the insight Cap. I picked these up at Publix, buy one get one free. They were good.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    Dyal_SC said:
    Simple wedge salad and salmon. 

Dude how do you find the time?!    

Impressive
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,224
    @TechsasJim , thx!  This one was quick actually. That was for my wife and me. Made air fryer chicken sandwiches for the kids. Took 10 or 15 minutes for the salmon and salad.  I like a little homemade balsamic vinaigrette to go with the ranch and Gorgonzola. Good stuff and quick!
  • Canugghead
    aftermath of last night's cook

canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,122
    Fried chicken skin

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    Fried chicken skin

You sure use that little induction cooktop a lot. Skipped out on the interior range? Don’t blame you, no one wants to spend 8k plus on any 36” offering
  • fishlessman
    Fried chicken skin

healthy treat, half the fat with thighs is in the meat
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,122
    ColbyLang said:
    Fried chicken skin

You sure use that little induction cooktop a lot. Skipped out on the interior range? Don’t blame you, no one wants to spend 8k plus on any 36” offering
    My wife saw the waybill so I need to show the  value!  It has made me rethink a gas range and will look into induction ranges.  Also plan a permanent location for this one when we remodel the kitchen.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    And sauced. 
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    There’s no “love” button
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,321
    And sauced. 
    Looks just great!  Thinking I need to get some pork belly out of the freezer.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Botch
    Ozzie_Isaac said:
    ...It has made me rethink a gas range and will look into induction ranges.  
    Saw a comparison between gas and induction just today, brought up a couple points: 
    - the pan needs to stay in contact with an induction cooktop; if you tip the pan to, say, baste an egg with the melted butter than runs to the corner of the pan, or baste a steak with the hot fat, every time the pan is tipped it isn't being heated anymore.  Granted, a steel pan or especially a CI pan won't cool immediately, but there is an impact.  
    - same thing happens if you flip the food in the pan by jerking the pan (especially true in stir frying), the pan isn't being heated.  You can flip food with one or two spatulas (that's how I stir-fried for decades) so again it may not be critical, just something to be aware of.