Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,477
    Rib eye, my favourite steak cut.  Beautiful!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,224

Back to the roots.  Too late for dinner, but still had a bedtime sandwich. It’s obligatory after a long day of having to smell the smoke. Dog got the buttbone for guarding the egg. 
  • CodyA88
    CodyA88 Posts: 152
    SRF Wagyu steak, marinated all day and then cooked on a Blackstone hot and fast:

Then into this.  Topped with burrata, arugula pesto, grilled corn, and pulled pork:

damn.
    LBGE, 28" Blackstone
    Georgia
  • CodyA88
    edited July 28

LBGE, 28" Blackstone
    Georgia
  • CodyA88
    The last two nights.

Mexican wraps with ground turkey, cilantro lime crema, pickled sweet onions and homemade coleslaw. 

Crispy wings in the air fryer. The crisp was heavenly. Has ruined restaurant wings for me. Sour cream (14%), buffalo chicken sauce, and a homemade asian glaze as side sauces. 

cooks look delicious! what did you put da bomb on? have not heard many good things...
    LBGE, 28" Blackstone
    Georgia
  • lousubcap
    Haven't posted in a long time and have missed you guys. Found a 1.51 pound Ribeye cap in the freezer from Snake River Farms.  Today is the wife's birthday. Problem is the cap is probably 6 years old. Should I or shouldn't  I?  Let's defrost and see how it looks and smells. Some brown on the edges and smelled like a "normal" piece of meat from the freezer.  Trimmed it up and decided to roll the dice.  Didn't feel like firing up the XL so I did it on the gasser.  Ten lashes for that but turned out great. 

As you now know a solid freezer life is nothing to worry about.  Way to jump in and deliver the goods.
    Great outcome right there regardless of how you got there.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 175
    CodyA88 said:
    Last minute and first time turbo ribs. 350 indirect for 90 minutes straight, no flip. Sauced last 15. Skeptical, but turned out delicious. Passed the bend test with a nice tender bite. Nice to know this works and have in the arsenal.
    Looks good enough to me!!!
  • CodyA88 said:
    The last two nights.

Mexican wraps with ground turkey, cilantro lime crema, pickled sweet onions and homemade coleslaw. 

Crispy wings in the air fryer. The crisp was heavenly. Has ruined restaurant wings for me. Sour cream (14%), buffalo chicken sauce, and a homemade asian glaze as side sauces. 

cooks look delicious! what did you put da bomb on? have not heard many good things...
    I dip just about everything in it. It’s my daily dipper.
  • lousubcap
    If you are going with the Walkerswood Hot then you are likely the only one who will enjoy it.  Looks great.  
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,321
    WeberWho said:
    Apple sauce meatloaf. Half bbq sauce, half Walkerswood jerk. 

Very nice, what a concept.  I'd be curious about the center portions.  If there was some carryover back/forth it could be a good mix.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208
    lousubcap said:
    If you are going with the Walkerswood Hot then you are likely the only one who will enjoy it.  Looks great.  

I ended up making a couple loafs. I brought this up to my parents house and used their BGE. My Mom enjoyed the Walkerswood. My Dad tried the Walkerswood and was like, "Nope. No way. I'll be scraping that off." Hahaha!

dbCooper said:
    WeberWho said:
    Apple sauce meatloaf. Half bbq sauce, half Walkerswood jerk. 

Very nice, what a concept.  I'd be curious about the center portions.  If there was some carryover back/forth it could be a good mix.

You're absolutely right @dbCooper

The Walkerswood I think complimented the meatloaf with some additional flavor but I'm a sauce guy myself. I sauced my Walkerswood meatloaf with some bbq sauce after the first few bites. I suggested to my Mom that she should add some bbq sauce to her meatloaf but she didn't want to mask the Walkerswood jerk flavor. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998
    Gazpacho!  (I love tomato season)

Also grilled up a couple pollock planks and an ear of fresh sweetcorn on the Small.  

(...and a PSA: If you can, try not to schedule gum surgery during sweetcorn season)  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• lousubcap
    @WeberWho- great finish, enhanced by the caveman cook.  That is the way to deliver the goods.  Impressive and you need to promote the caveman for the results you just cranked out!
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,006
    Dyal_SC said:
    Pulled pork tacos with sweet and spicy pickled onions. 

If I didn't know better, I'd say that looks an awful lot like possum meat.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,595
    Dyal_SC said:

Awesome!!  Them onions take it to a new level..
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • lousubcap
    Good plan right there @SamIAm2. Way to take care of them.  "Once a nuke always a nuke." 
  • Nice to see you burning up the lump! Great eats away. Enjoy the meal and time with your friends.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    That was a fast cook. Measured in several spots and it is done. Resting in the giant wall clock and will pull later. Smells wonderful.

Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    Sorry all, forgot the pulled picture.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Dyal_SC
    Foghorn said:
    Dyal_SC said:

If I didn't know better, I'd say that looks an awful lot like possum meat.
    😂 You’re welcome anytime, sir, for a nice big helping of possum if you’re ever in the SC area. My treat. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Elijah said:
    Called it
    @Elijah , you’re up for pulled woodchuck. I was up in the Clemson area awhile back at a traffic light. I looked over to the right and there was a dang woodchuck just standing there in the grass, staring at traffic. Only one I’ve ever seen.  
  • @SamIAm2

A very worthy result no doubt enjoyed by all. Hope it was/is a great evening.