Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Not sure, but this is perhaps the greatest thread title on the forum.  Only thing better would have been "Dr. Fork"

The thread that prompted its creation was pretty entertaining.
    Funny how Pete’s largely MIA since then.  I wonder if he’s tending to his liver.
    Yes chef! Oh wait, Dr! 

But then again, you actually have the credentials.😜
    But did he deliver a baby?

Good point. He’s just a pretentious kinda Dr. maybe?
    We can't all be lawn dart salesmen.  It's an aspirational career.  
    Kind of curious as to why you went there?  He acknowledged your troll bait and moved on. Why can’t you?
    Which part was the acknowledgment?  Saying I actually have the credentials, or describing me as pretentious? 
    Second was a question in response to your buddies troll. But you answered the question perfectly. Thanks 
    Why can’t you just let it go and move on, Pete?
    LOL! 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,403
    Options

No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Not sure, but this is perhaps the greatest thread title on the forum.  Only thing better would have been "Dr. Fork"

The thread that prompted its creation was pretty entertaining.
    Funny how Pete’s largely MIA since then.  I wonder if he’s tending to his liver.
    Yes chef! Oh wait, Dr! 

But then again, you actually have the credentials.😜
    But did he deliver a baby?

Good point. He’s just a pretentious kinda Dr. maybe?
    We can't all be lawn dart salesmen.  It's an aspirational career.  
    Kind of curious as to why you went there?  He acknowledged your troll bait and moved on. Why can’t you?
    Which part was the acknowledgment?  Saying I actually have the credentials, or describing me as pretentious? 
    Yes
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,419
    Options
    Just a pork loin, nothing fancy. I used B.T. Leigh's rub and copied Eoin on crosshatching the fat layer with a knife before cooking it raised direct.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,745
    Options
    Snake River Farms tri-tip.  

Very nice, Chef.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,541
    Options
    Tonight I made a killer pasta dish...as I am home alone, decided to chef it up.   That’s right eggheads, I microwaved a frozen Mac and Cheese and topped it off with some meat glitter...aka bacon bites.  Truly a 5 star meal 
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,927
    Options
    That's ghetto fabulous @ryantt.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,283
    Options
    ryantt said:
    Tonight I made a killer pasta dish...as I am home alone, decided to chef it up.   That’s right eggheads, I microwaved a frozen Mac and Cheese and topped it off with some meat glitter...aka bacon bites.  Truly a 5 star meal 
    Pics or it didn’t happen.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,541
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina should have taken a photo for sure, one with a fork..
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,426
    Options
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,764
    Options
    WeberWho said:

Full belly.
    That looks utterly tremendous, but how the heck did you get your mouth around that thing? Yeah, I know, that's what she said.
    Stillwater, MN
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,119
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Full belly.
    That looks utterly tremendous, but how the heck did you get your mouth around that thing? Yeah, I know, that's what she said.
    Thanks!

I had to do a couple of these off the kitchen island onto it. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    @WeberWho that's a good looking sandwich! 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Late night munchies while the missus is snoring in her laz-y boy.  

Also chowed down a bunch of Larry's charcuterie and some brie.  White stuff is provolone 
    Options
    ryantt said:
    Meat glitter. Consider that phrase being borrowed
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,859
    Options
    @4TheGrillOfIt- great color and skin right there.  Way to bring it home.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,753
    Options
    @Canugghead I can’t take my eyes off the fish head curry. 

Salmon heads are $1-$2 each at the Asian supermarkets here. And they’re YUGE. We always cook fish heads in fish curry... and fight over who gets to eat the head.  But, this is a brilliant solution :)  

It looks and sounds delicious. Bookmarked. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,467
    Options
    caliking said:

Salmon heads are $1-$2 each at the Asian supermarkets here. And they’re YUGE. We always cook fish heads in fish curry... and fight over who gets to eat the head.  But, this is a brilliant solution :)  

The color is just outstanding
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,704
    edited March 2021
    Options
    caliking said:

No such luck here, they range from $1.99-$3.99 a pound🤔
    Actually we lucked out once at a sushi place, they gave us six huge sushi grade salmon heads no charge  :)
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,704
    Options
    Some half-ass pho with whatever we had on-hand....
    I want a midnight snack!
    That red boat reminds me of two bad tips I learned back in the day at the old forum... 1) T-Rex method of cooking steaks 2)Three Crabs fish sauce.
    Once I tried Red Boat, the crappy one went down the drain.
    canuckland
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,927
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    Pro tip - when you have a 600cfm fan at home, you can’t cook the same way in a beach condo with an electric stove and a recirc vent. I’m lucky they didn’t evacuate the building. 

Nice cook.  And yes, I learned that same lesson about stove fans in beach condos when I blackened some Mahi we had caught while out fishing down in South Padre a few years ago.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX