Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,477
    So much for that GT3.  There's always next year.  Bonus points for being left-handed.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,122
    lousubcap said:
    So much for that GT3.  There's always next year.  Bonus points for being left-handed.  
    lol, yup GT3 will need to wait.  Between horses, college, and houses, my mid-life crisis keeps getting put off!!

Honestly though, pretty excited to help him.  Now he has an asset and with 2 roommates mortgage will be mostly covered.  Dorm room costs are outrageous down here, so this was a "cheaper" option.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,604
    lousubcap said:
    lol, yup GT3 will need to wait.  Between horses, college, and houses, my mid-life crisis keeps getting put off!!

Honestly though, pretty excited to help him.  Now he has an asset and with 2 roommates mortgage will be mostly covered.  Dorm room costs are outrageous down here, so this was a "cheaper" option.

Yes my uncle did that for his family . My cousin became landlord and super at 18.  Between his kids they used it for a rental property. Always a rental market within biking distance of campus.
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    lousubcap said:

I hear you there.   Being done with 1 college tuition, 1 wedding (saving for daughter #2 for both) an upcoming vehicle for daughter #2 and a grandson coming next week my mid life crisis has dwindled down to Ft Worth Craft Beer (y’all can figure that one out) and the Ford Raptor I planned is now a generator.   

One day I guess…
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,129
    Thermo-Pop is a solid unit. I will buy another if mine dies.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,012
    zaphod said:
    There are wifi applications for phones to use over Data. I have one for my work that allows me to use my office desk phone from my iPhone over data (or wifi). M$ teams also has phone options.

The starlink router likely has wifi, or you add a WAP. then your phone is on the starlink sat network and bob's your sat phone.
    Understood, I do get the differences, I can get internet on my phone or phone on my internet and I have several ways to place calls over internet. Buy-in is very similar, booster is free after that and starlink is $50/month for 50Gb and $150 for unlimited. Only the booster works while driving, with the exception starlink says you can use one of them at speeds under what is useful to me.
    Not a felon
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,974
    26kw Generac for whole home
    purposes.   Install early August.   Not going through this crap again.  
    We got one in 2020, right at the start of the pandemic.  You won’t regret it.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ike
    Ike Posts: 316
    bubbajack said:
    Thermo-Pop is a solid unit. I will buy another if mine dies.
    We have a battery+ store here and they didn't bat an eye when we went in for a new battery, good thing because we have one for the house too.  Likewise for the thermo-works timer too which we use a whole lot more than the thermo -pops
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    Brown 7 ‘ offset disc. 

Unbelievable what that cost now. 12 years ago it was 1,000 bucks plus tax. Today it’s just shy of 7,000.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,063
    Keep an eye for farm auctions @SGH you can find that stuff without spending @RRP money. They sell JD 210 discs auctions here for $1,500-$2,500 bucks 14' pull type
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    Keep an eye for farm auctions @SGH you can find that stuff without spending @RRP money. They sell JD 210 discs auctions here for $1,500-$2,500 bucks 14' pull type
    I did do some looking. Found a 10’ Long brand that I really wanted. It was a pull type to boot. However it was just to far away. 
    With that said I really need a disc now so I bit the bullet on the Brown. 
    On a separate note, I would love a JD 210 in good condition. Especially for that price 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    kl8ton said:

Bought some DP to sell in our camp store. 
    Love that!!!

• alaskanassasin
    Power move @kl8ton
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,056
    Legume said:
    Cell phone booster for truck and camper. Probably going to order a weboost, if anyone has any experience or insight, would love to hear.

My buddy works for we boost, he runs an antenna line in UT.  Got my inlaws one for there RV but they wouldn’t let me install it and I moved away.  The car system my friend had was awesome we would use it all the time out mountain biking in known dead zones.  I’m going to get one for our travel trailer I just haven’t pulled the plug yet,  

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,012
    U_tarded said:
    Legume said:
    Cell phone booster for truck and camper. Probably going to order a weboost, if anyone has any experience or insight, would love to hear.

My buddy works for we boost, he runs an antenna line in UT.  Got my inlaws one for there RV but they wouldn’t let me install it and I moved away.  The car system my friend had was awesome we would use it all the time out mountain biking in known dead zones.  I’m going to get one for our travel trailer I just haven’t pulled the plug yet,  

Thanks.  I got the drive reach overland.  The reach seems to have the highest amplification and the overland just has the antenna and mount that I wanted. I'm going to buy a second set of outside and inside antennas and cabling so I can have a truck setup and a trailer setup and just move the amp when needed need to.
    Not a felon
  • Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 175
    edited July 20
    After years of waiting, I finally pulled the trigger on a Suhr. Custom Classic S, with a lot of features I had been wanting. For any guitarheads out there, this one’s got a flame maple roasted neck as well as a roasted alder body. Green sparkle body that looks different in different lighting. Guitar is a one off, commissioned by the shop. 

Awesome guitar and green is my favorite color! Those loop station pedals are how I made money in high school haha. 
  • After years of waiting, I finally pulled the trigger on a Suhr. Custom Classic S, with a lot of features I had been wanting. For any guitarheads out there, this one’s got a flame maple roasted neck as well as a roasted alder body. Green sparkle body that looks different in different lighting. Guitar is a one off, commissioned by the shop. 

Awesome guitar and green is my favorite color! Those loop station pedals are how I made money in high school haha. 
    You built them, or repaired them?

I am not really a pedal guy. U have a good assortment.l, but generally prefer just a low wattage amp cranked up high. 

Do you play?
  • Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 175
    After years of waiting, I finally pulled the trigger on a Suhr. Custom Classic S, with a lot of features I had been wanting. For any guitarheads out there, this one’s got a flame maple roasted neck as well as a roasted alder body. Green sparkle body that looks different in different lighting. Guitar is a one off, commissioned by the shop. 

I am not really a pedal guy. U have a good assortment.l, but generally prefer just a low wattage amp cranked up high. 

Do you play?
    I played. I used to have the double loop station pedal and a Line 6 loop in series that made some nice what we called poly rhythms. Delay and Reverb pedals were the best. I stopped playing a long time ago now. Wish I still did, that’s a PM discussion though. 
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,395

Do you play?
    Very nice,  I love the roasted flame neck - looks like you could use a new acoustic?   I have been using loopers since the boomerang 
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,944
    @GrateEggspectations - that's awesome. Glad you pulled the trigger on that. You and the family drummer should have fun together soon. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    Meat Church Fab 5.   Don’t have the inner 3 and am about out on the outer 2.   

LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    Holy cow my go to on briskets and plate ribs. Honey hog my go to on baby backs and pork bell burnt ends
  • Mr1egg
    Mr1egg Posts: 397
    A late 70s S&W model 41 in a online auction... super stoked.
    Very exciting, I have a newer .45 smith and live in canada so I just got it in time to by pass the no handgun law.
  • alaskanassasin
    Mr1egg said:
    Very exciting, I have a newer .45 smith and live in canada so I just got it in time to by pass the no handgun law.

I had no idea you no longer can buy a hand gun in Canada!  Canada is a huge country, a guy in the Yukon can't buy a pistol for bear protection?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Mr1egg said:

I had no idea you no longer can buy a hand gun in Canada!  Canada is a huge country, a guy in the Yukon can't buy a pistol for bear protection?
    Thank goodness!!  Now we don’t need to worry about an invasion from Canada.

• Mr1egg
    Mr1egg Posts: 397
    Mr1egg said:

Nope not anymore, if you have one you can keep it but nobody can buy one anymore. And if you forget to re new your license they take the gun right away.
  • alaskanassasin
    Mr1egg said:
    Mr1egg said:

Nope not anymore, if you have one you can keep it but nobody can buy one anymore. And if you forget to re new your license they take the gun right away.
    That is really unfortunate. I can understand banning in certain cites or boroughs but like I said Canada is a big place. Anyway enjoy your .45
    South of Columbus, Ohio.