Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,122
    edited July 6

So much amazing stuff, kind of hard to take it
    all in.
    But did you buy anything?    Don’t know about the high tops but the rest has my interest.   
    I did, bought three magnets, a pair of socks, and two rubber ducks.  My kids and their friends all came too. My son’s friend bought a ton of stuff.  We are packed and heading home tomorrow.  Will take some photos of the magnets.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,945
    paqman said:
    The price increased, I feel like they will cancel the order, seller was Gozney.
    You just saved $799 :tongue:
    canuckland
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,974

all in.
    But did you buy anything?    Don’t know about the high tops but the rest has my interest.   
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac

all in.
    Such a great song.  Miss that music style and especially old skool videos.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,974

all in.
    Such a great song.  Miss that music style and especially old skool videos.
    Yeah too bad so few paid attention to what they were actually trying to say.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,683
    I sell the things you need to be
    I'm the smiling face on your TV
    Oh, I'm the cult of personality

I exploit you, still you love me
    I tell you, one and one makes three
    Oh, I'm the cult of personality
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,743
    paqman said:
    Any avenues for recourse in Canada? 
    @DoubleEgger

It depends on the province where you live and a couple of other factors like “how was it advertised?”, “was there an erratum published?”.  It also depends on your willingness to fight with an online seller…

paqman said:
    paqman said:
    @DoubleEgger

It depends on the province where you live and a couple of other factors like “how was it advertised?”, “was there an erratum published?”.  It also depends on your willingness to fight with an online seller…

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,012
    @Ozzie_Isaac that's a long way from the bikini instructor T-shirt's I'm used to seeing along the third coast.
    Not a felon
  • paqman said:
    paqman said:
    @DoubleEgger

If anything, I suspect you have better odds in QC. 
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Hook_emHornsfan_74 Posts: 1,419
    @JohnInCarolina @Ozzie_Isaac man that such a great song back in the day. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    As promised, here is one of my actual Trump Store purchases. (Bought two of these plus a “Thug Life” magnet with Trump sitting on a porch stoop.  Gave that one away to a friend.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    School shoes for the kids. Ridiculous what some folks pay for this. Not me! Daddy needs another black grade wagyu
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    ColbyLang said:
    School shoes for the kids. Ridiculous what some folks pay for this. Not me! Daddy needs another black grade wagyu
    Yeah, my son is a sneaker head.  I don’t even look, that is between him and his mom.  He has single pairs that probably cost more than every pair of shoes I had between 0 and 18.

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    ColbyLang said:
    Yeah, my son is a sneaker head.  I don’t even look, that is between him and his mom.  He has single pairs that probably cost more than every pair of shoes I had between 0 and 18.
    Agree there.   My daughter has more shoes than I do and she’s 13 and feet are still growing 🤦‍♂️.   
    Some brand called Golden Goose is her favorite—-asked my wife how much and she said “don’t ask”.   Then there are the other obligatory Hokas, On- Clouds, Adidas…

However, I did own the first pair of Jordans when they came out many many decades ago and that was only bc I played bball and had saved $ from yard work and birthday (essentially bought myself).   

Let’s not get started on phones…
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,604
    Hmm? I have : 2 pairs of Croc slides, 1 pair each of brown and black dress shoes, 1 pair cross trainers, and 1 pair of boots. Anything new is a replacement for something worn out.

women have an entirely different viewpoint on the matter whatever age they are. 
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 773
    My mother in law was talking about how there were very little men's clothes at thrift stores. I brought up that I wear everything until there are holes and then it became clothes just for around the house. I think something clicked 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    All she needs to do is go to a large department store. Macy’s in New Orleans has 3 floors. Half of the first floor is for men. The rest of the 2.5 floors is household goods or women’s clothing, mostly women’s clothing.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,442
    ColbyLang said:
    Agree there.   My daughter has more shoes than I do and she’s 13 and feet are still growing 🤦‍♂️.   
    Some brand called Golden Goose is her favorite—-asked my wife how much and she said “don’t ask”.   Then there are the other obligatory Hokas, On- Clouds, Adidas…

However, I did own the first pair of Jordans when they came out many many decades ago and that was only bc I played bball and had saved $ from yard work and birthday (essentially bought myself).   

Yeah, while the feet are growing is rough. Once her feet stayed the same size for a shoe or two though, it was straight for Dr Martens and various Sambas color ways. 

Ultimately we’re lucky; she doesn’t go crazy shopping; she’ll ask for/buy expensive stuff, but she’ll take care of it and it’ll last.

She’s also had the great idea to put stuff she’s gonna need in a dorm room on her birthday/xmas list.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Ozzie_Isaac
    ColbyLang said:

Yeah, don’t check Golden Goose prices.  My son has a few pairs of Off-Whites l, that admittedly look pretty cool, and he has unique adidas color-ways.  One is a red velvet Gucci.  He loves them and they fit his style.  Overweight middle aged man doesn’t look good in skater pants and velvet shoes.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Acn said:
    ColbyLang said:

Yeah, while the feet are growing is rough. Once her feet stayed the same size for a shoe or two though, it was straight for Dr Martens and various Sambas color ways. 

Ultimately we’re lucky; she doesn’t go crazy shopping; she’ll ask for/buy expensive stuff, but she’ll take care of it and it’ll last.

She’s also had the great idea to put stuff she’s gonna need in a dorm room on her birthday/xmas list.
    Doc Martens are great boots. I wore their Wellington style at work until Academy Sports stopped carrying them. Comfortable and long lasting, great for hiking across campus or stomping a mud hole in a fresh date.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Golden doodle? Now I am going to have a country ear worm for the rest of the night.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,442
    Acn said:
    ColbyLang said:

Doc Martens are great boots. I wore their Wellington style at work until Academy Sports stopped carrying them. Comfortable and long lasting, great for hiking across campus or stomping a mud hole in a fresh date.
    Oh, I know; I had a pair of brown oxfords that I wore 80% of the time between 1998-2009 and I got something dressier for a real office job.  She has both the original boot and Mary Jane in black; that covers her for regular uniform and dress uniform.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,545
    @Gulfcoastguy she’s a Goldendoodle, (F1B).  Norah named her bc of her auburn hair…lol.   She’ll never replace Daphne, but we’re all excited to welcome her home.    
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• Gulfcoastguy
    ryantt said:
    @Gulfcoastguy she’s a Goldendoodle, (F1B).  Norah named her bc of her auburn hair…lol.   She’ll never replace Daphne, but we’re all excited to welcome her home.    
    Good to hear. My Sheepadoodle is an F1B also. A dog never replaces another dog just like a new person doesn’t replace an older person.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208
    I couldn't pass it up for the price. 

I'll probably sand down the stand and hit it with some new paint to clean it up and send it on its way. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited July 8
    WeberWho said:

I'll probably sand down the stand and hit it with some new paint to clean it up and send it on its way. 
    $30!?  Did you ask the seller if they would do $15 and deliver?  (That is standard around here even when someone is dang near giving it away.)

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208
    WeberWho said:

$30!?  Did you ask the seller if they would do $15 and deliver?  (That is standard around here even when someone is dang near giving it away.)

I saw it was posted for 38 minutes before I messaged on it. Those times aren't always the most accurate but I was still surprised it was still available. When I have no wiggle room on price or way too cheap from the start my standard is, "I have a truck, cash, and can leave right now."

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,480
    Another great score by @WeberWho.  Well done.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.