Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,415
    Options
    I bought a grilling/ bbq book solely because it had a recipe for bacon wrapped fireball whiskey meatballs. Big meatballs 1/4 to 1/3 pounds each using a generous amount of Fireball. I think that I have found my Father’s Day cook.
    You’ll have to let us know how these turn out.  To me it sounds like these would either be incredible or something you’d want to throw at an enemy when they’re done.  
    Well I won't be injecting the extra shot of Fireball in each meatball like they suggested. The 3 ounces of whiskey in the 3 pounds of chuck will have to do. Likewise I will probably use one strip of bacon per meatball rather than the 2 that they say. Folks are teetotalers and I would rather a subtle taste. I do have a recipe for Fireball Whiskey bbq sauce that has been unused for several years. I will probably serve it on the side if used.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,405
    Options
    Those look nice @dobie I kinda like my stock tires though. Report back on the road noise if you get a chance 
    They are smooth and very quiet. Replaced my BFG KO2s with 50k on them. AT tires get louder as they wear so see how it goes but it’s very good. Installed Bilstein 5100 on the front, if your running stock shocks get these. The handling and ride difference is amazing. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,815
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Those look nice @dobie I kinda like my stock tires though. Report back on the road noise if you get a chance 
    They are smooth and very quiet. Replaced my BFG KO2s with 50k on them. AT tires get louder as they wear so see how it goes but it’s very good. Installed Bilstein 5100 on the front, if your running stock shocks get these. The handling and ride difference is amazing. 
    Is yours a TRD? My ride is plenty squishy but that is a penalty for handling. I can sit in the drivers seat parked in garage and rock it like a canoe. I think a 2” lift would be fun but i would have to get automatic running boards for swmbo. (So I could turn them off)
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,953
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Tee times in Destin, FL.    Been a member of a CC for so long I forgot how expensive green fees are these days.
    Kelly Plantation, Burnt Pines, Regatta Bay????? 
    Indian Bayou to start with.   Almost walking distance from where we are staying.  
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Dobie
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Is yours a TRD? My ride is plenty squishy but that is a penalty for handling. I can sit in the drivers seat parked in garage and rock it like a canoe. I think a 2” lift would be fun but i would have to get automatic running boards for swmbo. (So I could turn them off)
    In 2015 they called it the Trail but yes it’s what is labeled since as the TRD Off-road.
    I have my 5100s set at 1.75 lift on the front and the rear is stock. You don’t have to go up in ride height with the Bilsteins if you don’t want but most do. The handling upgrade was surprising for a shock upgrade. I kept it stock until recently as I drove my elderly parents around the last few years and didn’t want to make it harder on them. I hate running boards, I’m tall and step over them and just get my leg dirty in the process. I never liked the amount of rake it had stock wanted more level. But after seeing the difference would say even if you like the stock look, the upgrade on the ride is a winner but a bit pricey. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    @Dobie, ditto on the running boards and old farts. Thanks for the tips, it would look better with the front a few inches higher.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Dobie
    Options
    Quick day trip to St Augustine and obligatory Bucees stop 

Jacksonville FL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,388
    Options
    Dobie said:

Yellow Bird makes some great sauces, and I really like Melinda’s too!
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    Dobie said:

yes sir.    All good stuff right there.   I’ll be stopping by one in Baytown, TX tomorrow morning
  • Dobie
    Options
    Bucees was packed today, I mean too much attention on just moving around or not being run over. Traffic heavy too, there’s a Costco across the street and that dirt lot in the satellite image is Bass Pro going in there 🤪

Jacksonville FL
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Bucees was packed today, I mean too much attention on just moving around or not being run over. Traffic heavy too, there’s a Costco across the street and that dirt lot in the satellite image is Bass Pro going in there 🤪

Any Bucee’s any time
    of the day is always packed.  I prefer to hit them around 5am but they’re still jammed at that time, just a touch less of a cluster…
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    We are supposed to have a Buc-ees built by late fall between Gulfport and Slidell. All I can say is that they will have to pay a lot of overtime based on what I see so far to finish by Christmas.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,647
    Options
    I've had two DVTs and two PEs in the last, what, nine years or so, and as a result my doc's got me on blood thinners for the rest of my life.  Two of the bad side effects are easy bleeding/bruising (I can't wrench my own vehicles anymore, in fact have to be careful about reaching into my mailbox/fridge), and my blood tends to pool in my lower legs/feet over the course of a day.  Thanks Mom.
    I pulled my lower back nearly 2 weeks ago, so have spent way too much time in a chair, and the swelling in my lower legs got alarmingly big.  My doc had mentioned compression socks, but after over ten minutes of struggling I wasn't able to get even one over my ankle.  Got a bit desperate, and found these on amazoid:

...and for $39.95, gave it a try.  It wraps around your leg with Velcro, and then compresses with an air pump at the top, holds, slowly releases, then compresses at the bottom, holds, and slowly releases, while also applying heat, for 15 minutes.  
    The advertising made some wild claims, killing the swelling totally within a week, eliminating pain, increasing flexibility, and removing "old blood" to erase varicose veins.  I generally dismiss "snake oil"-type claims, but I was kinda scared so I tried this.  It felt weird, not exactly a "warm motherly hug" (props) but more like a warm boa constrictor that needs to take frequent breaks.  It definitely applies a weird, temporary shape to my legs (I'll spare you any pictures).
    BUT.  I've only been using this thing three days; I've had some minor blue veins near my ankles, plus some blue areas that look like bruises, for years.  On my left leg, they're completely gone!  On my right leg, I can still see them but they're at least 50% lighter.  That's surprising, and cool.  
    My ankles still swell in the afternoon, I never really had any pain, and my legs did feel a bit more flexible this morning.  I'm anxious to see how things are by the end of the week.  

I also ordered a "TENS" footpad that supposedly sends electrical pulses thru your feet, which a few here had recommended to me.  I tried it last night, couldn't really feel anything during its 15 minutes, and today it won't even turn on, even after recharging; that one is going back.  

Prince William:  Proof that White Men can't Dance

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    @Botch, I am going to have to consider ordering that. Both of my sisters and I inherited varicose veins on the right inner calf from my paternal grandmother.
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    We are supposed to have a Buc-ees built by late fall between Gulfport and Slidell. All I can say is that they will have to pay a lot of overtime based on what I see so far to finish by Christmas.
    Drove between there yesterday and couldn’t find the footprint but saw a sign it’s coming.   🤷‍♂️
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,274
    Options
    @Botch, I am going to have to consider ordering that. Both of my sisters and I inherited varicose veins on the right inner calf from my paternal grandmother.
    Glad you’re getting some relief, @Botch

I think you’ll both appreciate this.  When I was young one of my aunts had terrible varicose veins.  I asked my mother what they were and she told me about varicose veins, but I didn’t quite understand the word, so for years I called them “very close veins”
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Drove between there yesterday and couldn’t find the footprint but saw a sign it’s coming.   🤷‍♂️
    Mile marker 24, where they’re working on a new overpass and merge and exit lanes. I think it’s on the eastbound side, definitely a lot of red class 9 dirt moved over there along with stored concrete pipe. Plus I know the people there, former employees of the agency that I used to work for.
  • Botch
    Options
    Saw a blurb on the news today they just opened the largest Buc-ees ever (Texas, didn't catch the city); also didn't catch the sq footage, but it has 120 gas pumps.  

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    @Botch Opened in Luling. I haven't been to one.  We don't have them out here in West Texas.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    @Botch Opened in Luling. I haven't been to one.  We don't have them out here in West Texas.
    luling?    Seem odd since they have one in Bastrop.   I’ll check it out next week.   
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    luling?    Seem odd since they have one in Bastrop.   I’ll check it out next week.   
    Yeah, was on the local news this morning out here.  lol
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    Sweet!    I’ll still do my best to check it out when I’m headed up to your area mext week!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,720
    Options
    Looks like they closed the one in Gonzales that was in town on 183 and the Luling one replaced it at I10 and 183.

130 probably killed the one in Gonzales, but it was the smallest one by a long shot.
    Not a felon
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    Sweet!    I’ll still do my best to check it out when I’m headed up to your area mext week!
    Not my area!  lol we don’t get much out here in West Texas. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Botch
    Options
    Botch said:

I also ordered a "TENS" footpad that supposedly sends electrical pulses thru your feet, which a few here had recommended to me.  I tried it last night, couldn't really feel anything during its 15 minutes, and today it won't even turn on, even after recharging; that one is going back.  

...aaand I have to retract this statement.  I got sidetracked and missed sending this back, so I started fooling with it and the instructions again.  You turn the thing on with the "+" button, and adjust the levels with that same button, and decrease/turn off things with the "-" button.  But, the "+" button is on the left-hand side, WhoTF designs things like that?!?!?  (the remote (why does it come with a remote???) is set up the same way).
    Anyhoo, I set it up properly, grabbed a random "Mode" setting (there's 8, with no explanation of the differences), and set my feet on it again.  WOW, totally different, I could definitely feel odd pulses in my feet and up my legs, that I hadn't felt before.  I let it run for its 10-minute cycle, and it turned off automatically.  We'll see what that does over the next couple days; I realize I'm again trying two different variables at the same time, and if something good comes of it I won't know which one it was.    

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,388
    Options
    Botch said:
    Botch said:

...aaand I have to retract this statement.  I got sidetracked and missed sending this back, so I started fooling with it and the instructions again.  You turn the thing on with the "+" button, and adjust the levels with that same button, and decrease/turn off things with the "-" button.  But, the "+" button is on the left-hand side, WhoTF designs things like that?!?!?  (the remote (why does it come with a remote???) is set up the same way).
    Anyhoo, I set it up properly, grabbed a random "Mode" setting (there's 8, with no explanation of the differences), and set my feet on it again.  WOW, totally different, I could definitely feel odd pulses in my feet and up my legs, that I hadn't felt before.  I let it run for its 10-minute cycle, and it turned off automatically.  We'll see what that does over the next couple days; I realize I'm again trying two different variables at the same time, and if something good comes of it I won't know which one it was.    
    Summary:

You got sidetracked but eventually figured out how to use the device properly, adjusting levels with the "+" button despite its awkward placement. After trying a random mode setting, you felt noticeable pulses in your feet and legs that you hadn't felt before. You ran it for a 10-minute cycle, curious to see the effects over the next few days, even though you realized you're testing multiple variables simultaneously.

No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,720
    Options
    Holy crap - now we have a Botch whisperer!
    Not a felon
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Bastrop is a boom town! We were hitting the Bucees there before Bucees were cool.  On a side note, apparently one of the founders sons was secretly taping (taping is that still a thing?)  people in owners vacation rentals.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,967
    Options
    Legume said:
    Holy crap - now we have a Botch whisperer!

they seem to be everywhere, facebook would be the training grounds =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,967
    Options
    Botch said:
    I've had two DVTs and two PEs in the last, what, nine years or so, and as a result my doc's got me on blood thinners for the rest of my life.  Two of the bad side effects are easy bleeding/bruising (I can't wrench my own vehicles anymore, in fact have to be careful about reaching into my mailbox/fridge), and my blood tends to pool in my lower legs/feet over the course of a day.  Thanks Mom.
    I pulled my lower back nearly 2 weeks ago, so have spent way too much time in a chair, and the swelling in my lower legs got alarmingly big.  My doc had mentioned compression socks, but after over ten minutes of struggling I wasn't able to get even one over my ankle.  Got a bit desperate, and found these on amazoid:

...and for $39.95, gave it a try.  It wraps around your leg with Velcro, and then compresses with an air pump at the top, holds, slowly releases, then compresses at the bottom, holds, and slowly releases, while also applying heat, for 15 minutes.  
    The advertising made some wild claims, killing the swelling totally within a week, eliminating pain, increasing flexibility, and removing "old blood" to erase varicose veins.  I generally dismiss "snake oil"-type claims, but I was kinda scared so I tried this.  It felt weird, not exactly a "warm motherly hug" (props) but more like a warm boa constrictor that needs to take frequent breaks.  It definitely applies a weird, temporary shape to my legs (I'll spare you any pictures).
    BUT.  I've only been using this thing three days; I've had some minor blue veins near my ankles, plus some blue areas that look like bruises, for years.  On my left leg, they're completely gone!  On my right leg, I can still see them but they're at least 50% lighter.  That's surprising, and cool.  
    My ankles still swell in the afternoon, I never really had any pain, and my legs did feel a bit more flexible this morning.  I'm anxious to see how things are by the end of the week.  

what is this one called, does it plug in or use a chargeable battery. after the dvt in my leg i have to pull the car over every 45/60 minutes to walk around to lower the swelling. be nice for the two hour drive i take twice a week to try it in the truck while driving
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it