Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options
1339340341342343345»

Comments

• Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 87
    Options
    Bought a new barn roof, siding and doors. Should be very functional for us instead of an eyesore that doesn’t have working doors. 

All renters will be evicted when it’s finished and I’m unreasonably excited about that. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Legume said:
    @GrateEggspectations If it was a Friday night one might think you were priming the pump with that comment “Waxed her piano”😉
    Canadians have the most curious euphemisms.
    Not this time. Really did that. NuFinish first and then a carnauba - in this case, Gold Class. 

Ends up looking like it’s dripping. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,720
    Options
    Legume said:
    @GrateEggspectations If it was a Friday night one might think you were priming the pump with that comment “Waxed her piano”😉
    Canadians have the most curious euphemisms.
    Not this time. Really did that. NuFinish first and then a carnauba - in this case, Gold Class. 

Ends up looking like it’s dripping. 
    Interesting, you don't just spit on it? Maybe that's other types of keyboards.
    Not a felon
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,704
    Options
    A capacitor for the AC condensing unit. Funny how AC units like to sh!t the bed on the hottest of days. 
    Heard a lot about AC capacitor here but never touched one. Just curious...is it a good idea to buy a spare one or change it proactively? What's the symptom of failed capacitor?
    canuckland
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,720
    Options
    A capacitor for the AC condensing unit. Funny how AC units like to sh!t the bed on the hottest of days. 
    Heard a lot about AC capacitor here but never touched one. Just curious...is it a good idea to buy a spare one or change it proactively? What's the symptom of failed capacitor?
    Compressor won't kick on, no AC. Read up on that if you're going to do it - you don't want to get the wrong end of a charged capacitor.  We had them fail every 5 years or so in Texas.  AC was located next to a brick wall facing west, probably not the smartest placement for Texas.
    Not a felon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,388
    Options
    Sheet music. My wife is a great sight reader and can play just about anything at first glance. Love listening with a cocktail. Only downside is that I pretty much need to twist her arm to do it. 

I waxed her piano this morning though, so I don’t feel too badly about it. 

If you haven't give Joss Stone a listen.  I think her "Mind, Body, and Soul" album is a good lead in to her.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Legume said:
    Heard a lot about AC capacitor here but never touched one. Just curious...is it a good idea to buy a spare one or change it proactively? What's the symptom of failed capacitor?I
    Compressor won't kick on, no AC. Read up on that if you're going to do it - you don't want to get the wrong end of a charged capacitor.  We had them fail every 5 years or so in Texas.  AC was located next to a brick wall facing west, probably not the smartest placement for Texas.Af
    Thanks. Like I said never had one failed (touch wood) all these years. After hearing so much about it on the forum I started looking into getting a spare one last year, but didn't follow through. The installer did a sh*tty job, I didn't know any better and let him get away with this :angry:

canuckland
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Sheet music. My wife is a great sight reader and can play just about anything at first glance. Love listening with a cocktail. Only downside is that I pretty much need to twist her arm to do it. 

If you haven't give Joss Stone a listen.  I think her "Mind, Body, and Soul" album is a good lead in to her.
    She’s a great talent. I heard her through the bedroom walls (older sister) growing up. 

If you haven’t heard her, try Charlotte Cardin. From Montreal. Good stuff. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,388
    Options

She’s a great talent. I heard her through the bedroom walls (older sister) growing up. 

I have not heard of Charlotte Cardin, will check her out.

Also, thought at first Joss was your older sister!
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options

I have not heard of Charlotte Cardin, will check her out.

Also, thought at first Joss was your older sister!
    I think I need to work on clarity. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,853
    Options
    Lots of AC posts here and paging @lkapigian as he is the forum AC including capacitor guru.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Speaking of AC, my neighbour's AC that was given the death sentence by the "free inspection" technician is still humming along in this heat wave.
    canuckland
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,815
    Options
    One way to troubleshoot a capacitor issue is to hit the fan blades with a stick. If the capacitor is shot your stick will provide the assist.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,348
    Options
    One way to troubleshoot a capacitor issue is to hit the fan blades with a stick. If the capacitor is shot your stick will provide the assist.
    This one wasn’t too hard to troubleshoot. Lol. 
    With $17 to Amazon and little patience with two day delivery, I am back in business. I doubt I could have gotten a tech out this quickly given the heat wave. It’s the Super Bowl for HVAC companies right now.  My 20 year old Goodman is still kicking…

• Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 87
    Options
    Two fresh bags of Rockwood. 
  • Canugghead
    edited June 27
    Options
    @WeberWho super kind of you, I'm sure they'll go the extra miles for you. Reminds me of this...way back when a BIL orderd a stock home in a new subdivision, in those days there was no security and no fencing at the construction site. He got to watch his house been built starting from a hole in the ground, and befriended the site supervisor with 'gifts'. When completed there was a bonus kids' hideout room in the attic, reclaimed from a dead space, it was not in the blueprint.
    canuckland
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Good on you @WeberWho
    Hoping that trailer was chocked securely.  ;)

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,115
    Options
    @WeberWho super kind of you, I'm sure they'll go the extra miles for you. Reminds me of this...way back when a BIL orderd a stock home in a new subdivision, in those days there was no security and no fencing at the construction site. He got to watch his house been built starting from a hole in the ground, and befriended the site supervisor with 'gifts'. When completed there was a bonus kids' hideout room in the attic, reclaimed from a dead space, it was not in the blueprint.

That's super cool of the supervisor!

We put up our 12x12 canopy up for the HVAC guy who changed out our compressor on a nasty hot summer day. We didn't really think much of it. He was floored that someone would go out of their way and do that for him. He said it was the first time in 20 years in the business that someone has done that. 

So it was the same today. It was an easy way to say thank you and maybe make someone's day a little easier. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,115
    edited June 27
    Options
    dbCooper said:
    Good on you @WeberWho
    Hoping that trailer was chocked securely.  ;)

I double checked last night after they dropped it off. They chocked all four tires. Not that I was too worried about it rolling away but I had to get into the trailer with a ladder work to do some last minute painting on trim before new shingles went up. (I figured it would be easier painting the trim against old shingles rather than new ones. So nothing like painting under flood lights at 11pm last night.) I can only imagine what the neighbors thought with me painting on a ladder, in a trailer at times, and under flood lights. My poor neighbors...
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @WeberWho

Good on you for taking care of them. Not only is it a nice thing to do, but as noted by others, the respect you show them can pay dividends.