Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 175
    Bought 3.5 yards of dirt to fill in the hole in my front yard. Two trips with the trailer. Seed and tack straw is in but fingers crossed. Horrible timing with the remnants of Beryl going to soak my place starting tomorrow night. 

I need to plan and be better  :|
  • zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 181
    what a great story. I put a change table up for free on CL a few years back and a young fellow new to the country came and this change table would NOT fit into his car. just no way. So I tossed in my wagon, and followed him to his place. this was just before Christmas. He and his VERY pregnant wife were overjoyed. Nice kids. 
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597

Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,490
    As promised, here is one of my actual Trump Store purchases. (Bought two of these plus a “Thug Life” magnet with Trump sitting on a porch stoop.  Gave that one away to a friend.

Reminds me of this meme I saved earlier this week. 

Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,122
    As promised, here is one of my actual Trump Store purchases. (Bought two of these plus a “Thug Life” magnet with Trump sitting on a porch stoop.  Gave that one away to a friend.

Reminds me of this meme I saved earlier this week. 

Before I switched careers I was a Chief Engineer for a missile program at a large defense contractor.  That meme covers about 95% of the employees, and the other 5% are just lying.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,604
    As a former state government employee, who had to deal with the federal government often, I completely agree. Btw there was little difference in the work problems regardless of who was in charge of the federal government, different problems of course.
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,629
    I have a good friend whose parents both worked for the federal govt.

his father was a master plumber who worked at the Atl Fed Penitentiary
    and mom was a mail carrier

both retired mid 40's after being fully vested for retirement ..

They spend most of their time and money made by interest and dividends at the Beau in Biloxi..

l guess they made lemonade out of the lemons
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,604
    Yes I only made it to my late 50’s before I retired. The pension was one of the nice things about government work.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,974
    My ThermaPen finally gave up the ghost.  I think I'd had it for 10 years or so - that's a good run.

On the advice of my good friend @DoubleEgger I have elected to replace it with a couple of ThermaPops.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,480
    The Pops are good but my "go-to" is the Javelin Pro Duo.  
    Surprised that your Pen died at such a young age.  You know you can replace the battery... B)

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    lousubcap said:
    The Pops are good but my "go-to" is the Javelin Pro Duo.  
    Surprised that your Pen died at such a young age.  You know you can replace the battery... B)

It was definitely not the battery.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    My ThermaPen finally gave up the ghost.  I think I'd had it for 10 years or so - that's a good run.

On the advice of my good friend @DoubleEgger I have elected to replace it with a couple of ThermaPops.  
    I bought a bunch of Thermopops when they were $12.  I give them away as gifts.  They work great, but I just prefer the full grip I can get on a thermapen.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208
    I highly recommend this bbq sauce if anyone is a mustard sauce fan. I want to say it's under $4 at Walmart. The taste is almost identical to Jimmy Rays mustard sauce for anyone who is familiar with that particular brand

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191

the thermapops fit better in your pocket, especially a shirt pocket. only down side is you need a light pair of gloves if using over high heat. the thermapens keep your hands further away from the fire but ive had a few now wear out, melt, fall off the deck into the lake etc. the pops are just more convenient
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina

the thermapops fit better in your pocket, especially a shirt pocket. only down side is you need a light pair of gloves if using over high heat. the thermapens keep your hands further away from the fire but ive had a few now wear out, melt, fall off the deck into the lake etc. the pops are just more convenient
    What sold it for me was the lack of a hinge.  Moving parts have a tendency to be sources for failure in electronics.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191

What sold it for me was the lack of a hinge.  Moving parts have a tendency to be sources for failure in electronics.

had one fail that way, probably bought 6 or so over the years and batteries. have had the therma pop since they came out and so far so good and on sale its just a no brainer to stock a couple
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac

The hinge on one of my thermopens is finicky.  Got to open it just right to get it to turn on.  It is also 10 years old and I keep it in an drawer on the patio, so not exactly babied.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,493
    Bought 3.5 yards of dirt to fill in the hole in my front yard. Two trips with the trailer. Seed and tack straw is in but fingers crossed. Horrible timing with the remnants of Beryl going to soak my place starting tomorrow night. 

I just did the same to an area of our yard. 4” of rain later I doubt that I have much seed left. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Campbell2N
    ColtsFan said:

I just did the same to an area of our yard. 4” of rain later I doubt that I have much seed left. 
    We got 3 inches total here. No horrible downpours and most of the fill looks to have stayed in place thankfully. We’ll see in a couple weeks! Hopefully you have the same luck! 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,063
    Just missed us, we really could have used the rain. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,683
    I like the thinner probe on the Pop as well. I also like that it’s one handed operation. 
  • FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 601
    Pondering picking up a new Weber Slate griddle. They're getting solid reviews.
  • xavier233
    xavier233 Posts: 20
    edited July 12
    I really want this backpack. I'm a fan of backpacks, and this one's full-grain leather. The best there is.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    xavier233 said:
    I really want this backpack. I'm a fan of backpacks, and this one's full-grain leather. The best there is.
    Recommend nobody click the link.  Seems like another bot.

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    I like the thinner probe on the Pop as well. I also like that it’s one handed operation. 
    agree fully there.  I often wear an apron while around the pit and there are a few nice pockets that it fits in just fine.  
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Campbell2N
    New radio for the barn. Can use it around the house too with my tool batteries. Excited it has Bluetooth like the rest of the world. 
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    As crappy as this is, will be buying all new food/sauces/condiments/etc after lovely Beryl.   

Think I may have saved some stuff with a Yeti and 48# of ice but haven’t dipped a toe into those waters yet.   

My indoor fridge/freezer looks like it just came off a show room floor.     Will replenish in stages as I had ~$150 in sauces alone.   

Ah well, no one was hurt so that’s a plus.    
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,480
    Hit your home owners insurance for the loss.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lousubcap said:
    Hit your home owners insurance for the loss.  
    Unless you are already making a claim, or don’t ever plan to move or sell, avoid using insurance unless absolutely necessary.

insurers are dropping people like crazy and raising rates for homes with claims a great deal.  Now the claim follows you and also stays with the home.