Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,089
    edited June 1
    6’x12’ dump trailer. 
     Probably the item I loan out the most!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    Vortex 10x36 monocular
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,171
    Brand new thermometer!  All four of mine give different readings.  Plan to eventually replace all of them.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,547
    You likely just wanted a new thermo as I am sure you are aware you can adjust out any reasonable off-set.  Besides, Q is analog (like your new toy), not digital unless going hot and fast. =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,171
    lousubcap said:
    You likely just wanted a new thermo as I am sure you are aware you can adjust out any reasonable off-set.  Besides, Q is analog (like your new toy), not digital unless going hot and fast. =)
    2 of the 4 were able to be set.  However, only 1 also followed the temp after being adjusted.  So 3 of the 4 were no longer usable.  @WeberWho could probably fix them.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,811
    A small above ground pool for the kids and grandkid. Even though it is small its still expensive and a ton of work. Once installed I’ll build a deck and try to incorporate a grill or two into the mix.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,210
    shtgunal3 said:
    A small above ground pool for the kids and grandkid. Even though it is small its still expensive and a ton of work. Once installed I’ll build a deck and try to incorporate a grill or two into the mix.

the deck may cost more than the pool =) atleast thats been my experience with these types of things
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Nice score, @Ozzie_Isaac. Posting a green Kettle on this forum seems a tad inflammatory though, IMO. 😉
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,610
    The Ceramic Grill Store is having a Father’s Day sale. The password is Dad.
  • @kl8ton

Lookin’ great. Your efforts will pay dividends. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,724
    @kl8ton your place looks great. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    @kl8ton, I don’t know how many million square yards of that black stuff I laid over nearly 40 years. It looks like your contractor did a decent job. It will cut down on your maintenance for sure.
  • BigreenGreg
    BigreenGreg Posts: 589
    I love the smell of asphalt in the morning!
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • alaskanassasin
    Looks great @kl8ton! I bet the contractor was pulling his hair out with all those patches here and there.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,759
    More blacktop = less mowing, leveling limestone. Looks great @kl8ton
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,611
    Thanks all!  I am loving it.

@BigreenGreg
    I said that to the foreman on the start of Day2!

@alaskanassasin
    They said that type of stuff takes so much longer.  They seemed to have the best/newest equipment.  Cutters/grinders, etc.  

Now to get grass growing up to the new edges of the roads/lots.   Easier said than done as we head into summer.  It's always something.  I am really showing my age as I say how much I enjoy watching grass come in.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    Next thing will have to be fences.  The old fences went well with having gravel almost everywhere.  I just measured using the GIS and I have to replace about a half a mile of privacy fence.  This can be done over time.   
    Grand Rapids MI
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,724
    Hydroseeding is the ticket if you want quick grass. 
  • kl8ton
    Hydroseeding is the ticket if you want quick grass. 
    Agreed.  We have a sod farm really close to us too that we've used before.  One issue I have with sod (other than cost) is that it needs to be watered so much. All new grass does well with staying moist, but sod is a bugger.   Watering it is almost a full time job.  We don't have irrigation for anything (yet).
    Grand Rapids MI
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    Tee times in Destin, FL.    Been a member of a CC for so long I forgot how expensive green fees are these days.
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Gulfcoastguy
    I bought a grilling/ bbq book solely because it had a recipe for bacon wrapped fireball whiskey meatballs. Big meatballs 1/4 to 1/3 pounds each using a generous amount of Fireball. I think that I have found my Father’s Day cook.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446
    4R got new shoes 

Jacksonville FL
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025
    Tee times in Destin, FL.    Been a member of a CC for so long I forgot how expensive green fees are these days.
    Brought a big smile to my face!  I've done TDYs to Eglin/Ft Walton Beach for decades, and have spent many happy hours eating, swimming and photographing there.  
    My last full vacation with what's-her-name was down there, kinda "the beginning of the end", but I still want to revisit there soon.   

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• Buckwoody Egger
    Buckwoody Egger Posts: 742
    Nice score, @Ozzie_Isaac. Posting a green Kettle on this forum seems a tad inflammatory though, IMO. 😉
    Posting a metal green score on a ceramic green forum is not the curse.  It’s something much more eerie that made the guy refuse payment just to be rid of such a nice grill. Ozzie beware.  Your first cook must be something smoked with sage. And instead of eating it, well, I dunno…be creative. See ya on the cheffing tonight thread soon.
  • alaskanassasin
    Those look nice @dobie I kinda like my stock tires though. Report back on the road noise if you get a chance 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,759
    Kelly Plantation, Burnt Pines, Regatta Bay????? 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,040
    I bought a grilling/ bbq book solely because it had a recipe for bacon wrapped fireball whiskey meatballs. Big meatballs 1/4 to 1/3 pounds each using a generous amount of Fireball. I think that I have found my Father’s Day cook.
    You’ll have to let us know how these turn out.  To me it sounds like these would either be incredible or something you’d want to throw at an enemy when they’re done.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike