Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Buying Right Now? (non-OT version)

Options

Comments

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,115
    Options
    Publix has buy one get one on Royal oak lump. $18 for 2 16 pound bags.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,953
    Options
    paqman said:
    Yeti french press coffee maker and ice bucket

That is awesome!   Contemplated the ice bucket for upcoming beach weekend.    Let us know what you think of it.   
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Hook_emHornsfan_74 Posts: 1,376
    Options
    paqman said:

That is awesome!   Contemplated the ice bucket for upcoming beach weekend.    Let us know what you think of it.   
    @Tec@TechsasJim We have the ice bucket and love it.  We use it around the pool.  Your comment about the humidity and mosquitos is no joke.  Spent this past weekend in Austin.  Man, living in Midland makes me appreciate the dryness here.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    paqman said:

@Tec@TechsasJim We have the ice bucket and love it.  We use it around the pool.  Your comment about the humidity and mosquitos is no joke.  Spent this past weekend in Austin.  Man, living in Midland makes me appreciate the dryness here.  
    Man, I was in your area 2 weeks ago and the guys I was with were complaining about the mosquitos.   I never noticed them while there, perhaps just got lucky.

BTW, that restaurant Cancun and next door, Opals Table, are the real deal!   I normally stick to Cork & Pig and stuff like that.   Glad I took a walk on the wild side.

Thanks for the heads up on the ice bucket.   My SIL and I will be partaking of brown water so may pull the last minute trigger on it.
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    @TechsasJim yeah, we love both of those places.  Have you tried Cowboy Prime next to Cork & Pig yet?  It's pretty dang good as well.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    @TechsasJim yeah, we love both of those places.  Have you tried Cowboy Prime next to Cork & Pig yet?  It's pretty dang good as well.  
    I have not.    I normally stay in East Odessa/West Midland by that Cork & Pig (by Walk Ons) and usually hit C&P or Red Oak (another great spot) right there.    Don't usually have a lot going on in Midland but last trip I did.

I do know this, if I never go back to Clearsprings Cafe it will be too soon...man, that place.   hahaha.    Surprising just how popular it is.
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    @TechsasJim yeah man, that place has really gone down hill.  Used to be really good.  It's crazy how crowded that place is at lunch.  I work in Odessa and we usually end up in that area for lunch.  Over by Red Oak and Cork and Pig.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    @Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Plenty of eateries in that area:   Walk Ons, C&P, Red Oak, Whitehouse, Jersey Mikes, Saltgrass, Hopdoddy...    Why I like staying in that area, if I don't have a dinner set up it's easy to cross the parking lot for whatever you're in the mood for.
  • Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 82
    Options
    A new HVAC system for the house. Things snowballed….

Everything is a mess and I won’t have AC for the long weekend  :s
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,406
    Options
    The dislike is for the situation that you find yourself in. Just about every HVAC problem that I have had has been on a Friday afternoon. Sounds like a good time to take a 3 day vacation.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,644
    Options
    The dislike is for the situation that you find yourself in. Just about every HVAC problem that I have had has been on a Friday afternoon. Sounds like a good time to take a 3 day vacation.
    Boy, ain't that the truth.  
    And dental emergencies always happen on Thursday evenings (UT dentists are closed on Fridays...)  

Prince William:  Proof that White Men can't Dance

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    40 bales of landscape pine straw..

Where the hell does this stuff go once installed?!
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,736
    Options
    Botch said:
    And dental emergencies always happen on Thursday evenings (UT dentists are closed on Fridays...)  
    My dentist is closed Thursday and Friday

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,814
    Options
    billt01 said:

They should call it SHIB straw!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,258
    Options
    billt01 said:

Bill may not respond, as I suspect he’s in mourning:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Botch said:
    Yep, my dentist is open Monday through Thursday 10 hours a day. Mondays he is slammed with the weekend emergencies. So I usually schedule on a Tuesday morning.
  • Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 82
    Options
    Bought a favor from a friend to remove the 1000gal oil tank so the new HVAC install could continue. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,702
    edited May 24
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations Did you find your misplaced Moen basin wrench? Thought of you when I bought these on impulse at the Amazon clearance outlet, $1.50 for the set.
    https://tinyurl.com/5cp5t4fk

canuckland
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,375
    Options
    Bought a favor from a friend to remove the 1000gal oil tank so the new HVAC install could continue. 
    @SGH should turn that into Big Unit #19!
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Yesterday I pulled in a favor. Two of my friends and former coworkers brought a trailer over. We loaded up an old refrigerator , the sleeper part of a sectional, and my favorite leather Lazyboy love seat. Then they took it to the dump. The dogs are in mourning at the loss of furniture. Probably next weekend my brother in law will bring my parents several year old sectional to my house. It's "leather" and it's been in several pictures in the pet thread. I really miss that lazy boy love seat but it was 22 years old and completely worn out.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Canugghead

Great score. You always seem to find the great deals. My wife came across Maple Leaf lump in a magazine the other day and she asked if I had ever tried it. I reminded her about the stockpile in the garage that you are responsible for. 🙃

Never found the Moen wrench (bet I tossed it), but I bought a decent adjustable one months back. 
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    billt01 said:

or NVDA straw or SPY straw or WALMART straw or XBI straw or TMobile straw..I could go on..

@JohnInCarolina, no sir I'm good...
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,410
    Options

Sold out in under a minute 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    ColtsFan said:

Sold out in under a minute 
    Did you score one? How’s the warranty for cracks caused by ice cold beer? 

It bugs me more than it should that they didn’t use “KEgg” instead of “Kegg”. 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,410
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations I did. Supposed to ship in July
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,548
    Options
    Store pick Buffalo Trace and an Elijah Craig Barrel Proof B254
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Options
    Anyone that missed out today can try again tomorrow...

https://shop.millerlite.com/collections/ml-x-bgk

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,814
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Store pick Buffalo Trace and an Elijah Craig Barrel Proof B254

Swmbo said our Kroger liquor store was stocked with buffalo trace. I haven’t seen it there since 2019.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.