Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,210
    one hell of a place for a conference. tell them to bump it into the fall next year for the marlin season ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,014
    Looks like a good place for some cliff jumping...

Meanwhile my flight from San Antonio arrive late into Nashville so I missed my connection to Philadelphia - so I get rewarded with a second layover in Chicago and an arrival in Philadelphia that is 5.5 hours later than scheduled...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,056
    ^^^^ Beautiful
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,547
    @JohnInCarolina - When you are the HMFIC you are clearly the master of your schedule.  Beautiful area.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,965
    @JohnInCarolina love the tile roofs or is that rooves?
    canuckland
  • lkapigian
    Supermarket salmon for landlocked folks. Scaled and deconstructed, heads and tails for curry, vac sealed and froze the rest.

Those are Pretty !
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,228
    Was that for real his nose?!  I’m still stuck on that. It can’t be unseen. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,014
    In airport #4 for the day. Waiting for a flight to take me to airport #5.  For the record, there were only supposed to be 3 (two flights)...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Biggreenpharmacist Posts: 4,343
    SGH said:
    What’s going on my friend?  I logged in for the first time in a LONG time. Glad to see some familiar faces. Hope all is well!
    I have been working a lot the past couple of years. Not on the forum much at all during that time. Going to take a few months off and try to rest up. I might even cook a little something. Glad to see that you are still alive and well my friend 👍
    We are good. Me and Erin are getting old and our 3 boys are growing up too fast. 

Little Rock, AR

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,497
    Summer is here. Dash thermometer in the patrol car hit 106. I’m sure Ozzie has been there already this year, but it’s my turn to complain. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025
    Summer is here. Dash thermometer in the patrol car hit 106. I’m sure Ozzie has been there already this year, but it’s my turn to complain. 
    Apparently that's going to be a week-long thing; a huge heat thingie sitting over the western US.  
    And I saw that New Delhi (pop 250M) was at 122º this last week, with poor/nonexistent A/C...

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• Braggart
    Braggart Posts: 245
    Botch said:
    Apparently that's going to be a week-long thing; a huge heat thingie sitting over the western US.  
    And I saw that New Delhi (pop 250M) was at 122º this last week, with poor/nonexistent A/C...
    Sorry, don't want to be "that guy", but New Delhi's population is actually 250K (proper).  The metro area (includes Delhi and surrounding areas) is approaching 30M.  Far cry from 250M, but still close to the ENTIRE population of Canukistan.   

A typo I'm sure, and your point remains valid (and astonishing) as where I live it rarely gets above 25C. 
    Large BGE
    MMax BGE
    Weber gasser
    Pizza oven
    2 Dogs Back to 3 Dogs
    No neighbours 
    Living in Canada's bush
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025
    Braggart said:
    Botch said:
    Sorry, don't want to be "that guy", but New Delhi's population is actually 250K (proper).  The metro area (includes Delhi and surrounding areas) is approaching 30M.  Far cry from 250M, but still close to the ENTIRE population of Canukistan.   

A typo I'm sure, and your point remains valid (and astonishing) as where I live it rarely gets above 25C. 
    Wow.  I went back to my original source (Siri) and she did say 250 thousand; my sorta-bad.  I double-checked and got this:
    https://www.macrotrends.net/global-metrics/cities/21228/delhi/population#:~:text=The%20current%20metro%20area%20population,a%202.84%25%20increase%20from%202021.

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,949
    @JohnInCarolina love the tile roofs or is that rooves?
    Loved the pics @JohnInCarolina  
    My dog didn't as i shouted roof 3 times and she ran off.  So, please post responsibly in future. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,949
    How are you guys feeling in the lead up to USA v Pakistan, then?

Probably nothing.  I get it. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,180
    We just hit that this week.  We have enjoyed a relatively cool start to the year, and I am not complaining.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Hook_emHornsfan_74 Posts: 1,420
    Sadly, we are right there with you here in West Texas.  Been in the triple digits for the past week.  It's entirely too early for this crap.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • lkapigian
    Sadly, we are right there with you here in West Texas.  Been in the triple digits for the past week.  It's entirely too early for this crap.
    107 where I am 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,547
    So far so good temperature-wise here; 78*F and low humidity. Only hit 90*F twice this year.   
    Now, we have had our share of severe weather the past 10 days.  Lost power for 2+ days last week.  Weekend looks great.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap said:
    So far so good temperature-wise here; 78*F and low humidity. Only hit 90*F twice this year.   
    Now, we have had our share of severe weather the past 10 days.  Lost power for 2+ days last week.  Weekend looks great.  
    Seems to happen to you a lot. Did you run the generator? If not, it’s a good reminder to give ‘er a wee workout to stay in shape. 
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 774
    We ran our industrial generator weekly for 15 minutes. Just depends on what you're backing up. We have had a mild summer so far  :o  our temps have been mostly normal or below, but our humidity has been lower than normal pretty consistently 
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Hook_emHornsfan_74 Posts: 1,420
    CPFC1905 said:

Hey!!! We Won!
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Nice to see you around, @acn. Not that I’m counting or anything, but it seems you may be behind on the cook post count. Strong entry with that chicken though. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,611
    My nieces husband is trying ribs on his new smoker for the first time. Gave him a few directions and passed on the party.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,497
    CPFC1905 said:

Crushing third world countries at sport. The American way. 
    Las Vegas, NV