Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,056
    Update: no bacon. Somehow the unopened package that I saw in the bottom drawer of the fridge had best used by date of February. How does that even happen? We eat a lot of bacon here. It looked fine and the packaging wasn’t compromised. Looked like it just came off the shelf. Couldn’t bring myself to open it though. 
    I’ve got vac sealed pancetta a couple years old in the fridge , all good 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,497
    lkapigian said:
    Update: no bacon. Somehow the unopened package that I saw in the bottom drawer of the fridge had best used by date of February. How does that even happen? We eat a lot of bacon here. It looked fine and the packaging wasn’t compromised. Looked like it just came off the shelf. Couldn’t bring myself to open it though. 
    A year ago I would have opened it up, smelled it and used (or not) appropriately, but after turning 40 in April I have been a bit more careful. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• lkapigian
    lkapigian said:
    A year ago I would have opened it up, smelled it and used (or not) appropriately, but after turning 40 in April I have been a bit more careful. 
    lol, I hear you …. Flying into your neck of the woods in a few weeks to hang out for a couple days 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,965
    Forum search is working again!?
    canuckland
  • Battleborn
    lkapigian said:
    lkapigian said:
    lol, I hear you …. Flying into your neck of the woods in a few weeks to hang out for a couple days 
    Send me a message when it gets close. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,045
    Made fried tofu and broccoli.

Your effort to avoid the “What are you eating… right now?” thread has been noted.  Consider yourself on probation for the JIC “forum friend” list…
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,179
    Made fried tofu and broccoli.

Your effort to avoid the “What are you eating… right now?” thread has been noted.  Consider yourself on probation for the JIC “forum friend” list…
    lol, I scrolled but it wasn’t on first page so I went easy route and picked first page thread.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,949
    Heads-up!
    Less than 5 and a half hours until England v Scotland in the T20 world cup.   The tension is palpable.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • EzraBrooks
    EzraBrooks Posts: 395
    Introducing my kids to Tommy Boy. So many one liners from my youth. 
    What took you so long? It's fun when your kids beat you to getting the quote in. My kid has all the best quotes from Tommy Boy, Wayne's World, and Dumb & Dumber ready to fire at a moment's notice should circumstances present themselves.
  • Watching an iceberg 

Beautiful. But you say “watching” like it’s doing something. 
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,243
    edited June 4
    Never seen one in the wild before … so just watching it, kinda breathtaking. Also hadn’t appreciated the size of them until I saw it next to that ferry. 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Biggreenpharmacist Posts: 4,343
    SGH said:
    After 38 days and 39 nights on a floating junkyard 
    I just stepped on terra firma. In the immortal words of little Dorothy; “There’s no place like home” my friends. Should be sitting pretty just this side of Biloxi, MS. in about an hour 👍
    What’s going on my friend?  I logged in for the first time in a LONG time. Glad to see some familiar faces. Hope all is well!

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    What’s going on my friend?  I logged in for the first time in a LONG time. Glad to see some familiar faces. Hope all is well!
    I have been working a lot the past couple of years. Not on the forum much at all during that time. Going to take a few months off and try to rest up. I might even cook a little something. Glad to see that you are still alive and well my friend 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Battleborn
    @CPFC1905. WTF is going on here?

Las Vegas, NV

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,089
    That is terrible @ColtsFan lol 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColtsFan said:
    Traveling for work. My Uber driver is nosey. 

At first, I thought that was an elbow. Not meant as an insult; just speaking the truth. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,025
    ColtsFan said:

At first, I thought that was an elbow. Not meant as an insult; just speaking the truth. 
    Reminds me of the rarely-seen Muppalo.

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• While we’re critiquing characteristics, I will share that the other day, my daughter said that I had a Gru (Despicable Me) nose and that my wife had that of a clown. I laughed. My wife did not. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Never seen one in the wild before … so just watching it, kinda breathtaking. Also hadn’t appreciated the size of them until I saw it next to that ferry. 
    It's also always kind of hard to believe though how much more of an iceberg is actually under water.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• lkapigian
    ColtsFan said:

Ear??
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,949
    @CPFC1905. WTF is going on here?

It rained.  English standard weather, despite it being in Barbados. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,612
    building a cover, adding handles, and adding a  broth drain for my lobster/clam steamer.  built the box maybe 15 years ago, time to finish it.

the cover ive been using for years =)

You are just showing off your BGE Ceramic feet! I still have my 3 somewhere.  I find it comical that the aftermarket ceramic feet are sold in a 4 pack.  3 points establishes a plane - the fourth - not coplanar.

Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,210
    kl8ton said:
    building a cover, adding handles, and adding a  broth drain for my lobster/clam steamer.  built the box maybe 15 years ago, time to finish it.

the cover ive been using for years =)

You are just showing off your BGE Ceramic feet! I still have my 3 somewhere.  I find it comical that the aftermarket ceramic feet are sold in a 4 pack.  3 points establishes a plane - the fourth - not coplanar.

the egg shifted in the snow banking this winter, will need to put it back on its feet soon.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it