Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Good luck to anyone trying to get Costco to do seasonal tire changeover, they're booking mid May  =)

Never heard of seasonal tire change over until now , I do at some point go from shorts to pants , but I can do that without a booking 
    It's not mandatory in Ontario (wish it is) to have winter tires but it's safer and we get insurance discount, for not wearing slippers in the snow so to speak.

It was fun in Quebec when it became law in 2008
    https://archive.nytimes.com/wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/11/13/quebecs-hottest-item-is-winter-tires/
    Did mine several weeks back. I’d do yours if you lived closer (but only if you would cook me a hot meal). 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,695
    Options
    Super kind of you @GrateEggspectations
    canuckland
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,414
    Options
    Cooking onions in butter.  One of the great condiments.

Your picture of the desert sunset does a lot more justice than my sunrise this morning. The sunrise to work is one of my favorite settings. 

Las Vegas, NV

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,627
    Options

When you can hit the Sonoran Desert after a few days of rain, it is one of the most beautiful and magic places in the world (I've only managed to hit it once, out of several visits).  

"In the high school halls, in the shopping malls,

Be cool, or be cast out"  

-  Rush, Subdivisions 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,355
    Options
    Cooking onions in butter.  One of the great condiments.

Your picture of the desert sunset does a lot more justice than my sunrise this morning. The sunrise to work is one of my favorite settings. 

You know, photos never do colors justice.  Seeing  them in person is so much better.  Sun just peaking over the hills.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,901
    Options

Ian Rush, Bob Paisley, Steve Gerrard, Jan Molby - are you watching?  Names and a cultural reference that will pass you by, but in the words of Margaret Thatcher ‘Rejoice, Rejoice!’  which is a throw-back to the reference you will be unaware of in the last sentence (link at the bottom).

The mighty Eagles cruised with considerable comfort / squeezed past Liverpool last Sunday to blow the whole title race open.  This was something of a Palace tradition for several years, nicking a win against a top three team in the final throes of the season.  and Arsenal lost too of course.  But that is all yesterday’s water, to mangle metaphors.  It’s a double game week looming though I shall not detain you with the mid-weekers as there is only so much insight and analytics I can share in one go, not for legal reasons but my attention span.  

Saturday

Luton v Brentford : The Bees have done their sums and know that with last weeks win at Sheffield Utd and a win against one of the few other teams placed below them will see them all but safe.  Any points above survival are wasted effort right? 0-1 

Sheff Utd v Burnley : if this is an away win, then the Clarets could just about escape but it will need a big reversal of their form across the season.  It would also all but condemn the Blades.  But let’s go nuts. 2-2

Wolves v Arsenal : wounded Gunners will have to be back to their best despite last week’s reversal against Villa and mid-week dumping out of the Champions League.  Boiled over? Maybe, we’ll know by the end of this. 1-2

Sunday 

Everton v Notts Forest : oooh, the scorned will convene and can compare noted about how the Premier League has conspired against them / enforced the rules all teams know full well about. Come on Forest, cheer us all up and smash the Toffees - what larks it shall be.  0-2

Villa v Bournemouth : The Cherries have flagged recently and Villa are operating with a  full head of steam - a home win nudges them closer to CL entry for next season and no-one saw that coming.  2-1

Palace v West Ham : naturally we will win by a huge margin given our humiliation of Liverpool last week.  Only joking, this is Palace so 0-0.

Fulham v Liverpool : The Cottagers have nothing at stake and Liverpool, also now ejected from the CL could surmount the league whilst City are distracted. I think they will via a sparkly 0-3 victory. 

AOB

FA Cup semi-finals are 

Saturday : Man City v Chelsea could be fun and your chance to see a £2bn worth of footballer all in one place at the same time. Don’t care about the score.

Sunday : Coventry v Man Utd, in case you don’t know Coventry is a small city adjacent to Birmingham that was heavily remodelled by the Luftwaffe in the mid20th Century.   Don’t care about the score. 

Keep any eye out for the subsequent mid-week fixtures.  And here’s a link to help make a modicum of sense of my opening remarks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqZTP8-8wIs

Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,927
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:

Ian Rush, Bob Paisley, Steve Gerrard, Jan Molby - are you watching?  Names and a cultural reference that will pass you by, but in the words of Margaret Thatcher ‘Rejoice, Rejoice!’  which is a throw-back to the reference you will be unaware of in the last sentence (link at the bottom).

The mighty Eagles cruised with considerable comfort / squeezed past Liverpool last Sunday to blow the whole title race open.  This was something of a Palace tradition for several years, nicking a win against a top three team in the final throes of the season.  and Arsenal lost too of course.  But that is all yesterday’s water, to mangle metaphors.  It’s a double game week looming though I shall not detain you with the mid-weekers as there is only so much insight and analytics I can share in one go, not for legal reasons but my attention span.  

Saturday

Luton v Brentford : The Bees have done their sums and know that with last weeks win at Sheffield Utd and a win against one of the few other teams placed below them will see them all but safe.  Any points above survival are wasted effort right? 0-1 

Sheff Utd v Burnley : if this is an away win, then the Clarets could just about escape but it will need a big reversal of their form across the season.  It would also all but condemn the Blades.  But let’s go nuts. 2-2

Wolves v Arsenal : wounded Gunners will have to be back to their best despite last week’s reversal against Villa and mid-week dumping out of the Champions League.  Boiled over? Maybe, we’ll know by the end of this. 1-2

Sunday 

Everton v Notts Forest : oooh, the scorned will convene and can compare noted about how the Premier League has conspired against them / enforced the rules all teams know full well about. Come on Forest, cheer us all up and smash the Toffees - what larks it shall be.  0-2

Villa v Bournemouth : The Cherries have flagged recently and Villa are operating with a  full head of steam - a home win nudges them closer to CL entry for next season and no-one saw that coming.  2-1

Palace v West Ham : naturally we will win by a huge margin given our humiliation of Liverpool last week.  Only joking, this is Palace so 0-0.

Fulham v Liverpool : The Cottagers have nothing at stake and Liverpool, also now ejected from the CL could surmount the league whilst City are distracted. I think they will via a sparkly 0-3 victory. 

AOB

FA Cup semi-finals are 

Saturday : Man City v Chelsea could be fun and your chance to see a £2bn worth of footballer all in one place at the same time. Don’t care about the score.

Sunday : Coventry v Man Utd, in case you don’t know Coventry is a small city adjacent to Birmingham that was heavily remodelled by the Luftwaffe in the mid20th Century.   Don’t care about the score. 

Keep any eye out for the subsequent mid-week fixtures.  And here’s a link to help make a modicum of sense of my opening remarks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqZTP8-8wIs

'Twill be interesting to see how Man U conspire to make the FA Cup semi more interesting than it should be.  I do think that those that dropped out of Europe this week will have a chip on their shoulder that will be large enough to overcome their fatigue.  The fatigue won't set in until mid week.  It's times like these where a manager earns his keep as he manages the minutes.  I'm just not sure what metrics they use to decide who needs a break in any given game.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• CPFC1905
    Options
    @Foghorn
    a lot is smoke and mirrors. Some injuries are recovered in remarkable timeframes, others linger for a long long time and are undoubtedly a mask. 
    Players are very tightly monitored for fitness and conditioning with enormous amounts of data harvested to inform a matrix, by the club.  Of course that all falls flat when the player is too important or declares an injury.  
    Certainly elite player workload has grown in recent years - up to 60 competitive matches for the top players.  And margins, therefore career harm - are very fine.  
    There’s no collision data, AFIK, collected but it can’t be far off.  Rugby have intelligent mouth guards now and there’s more head injury assessments being carried out as a result. 

Anyhoo- let’s get ready to laugh at/with/about Utd.  👍
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Curious about this license plate

No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,907
    edited April 20
    Options
    Pressure washing driveway and sidewalks finished. I am tired.

Used my egging neighbor's old Home Depot electric pressure washer. 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,643
    Options
    ^^^^ Love this post, and those donuts do look like the bomb!!! Wishing him the best of luck in his ventures 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Canugghead
    edited April 20
    Options
    @ColtsFan Love the story. Reminds me of this donut success episode on Dragon's Den, I think Gideon would enjoy watching it...
    https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/video/1.7081184
    @GrateEggspectations Holey Confections is in your neck of the woods, have you tried it?

canuckland
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @ColtsFan Love the story. Reminds me of this donut success episode on Dragon's Den, I think Gideon would enjoy watching it...
    https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/video/1.7081184
    @GrateEggspectations Holey Confections is in your neck of the woods, have you tried it?

I am not familiar with Holey Confections. Thanks for sharing. The layered donut they feature in the DD episode seems to be what I would call a Cronut (croissant/donut). The first place I ever saw them is ArtIsIn bakery - a great local spot. Some of my favourite local sandwich places feature their bread. Suzy Q is a big name in donuts here. There is one location not far from me (bread crumbs for you 🙂). One of my absolute favourite local bakeries is Aux Deux Frères, in Aylmer. Just fantastic. 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,544
    Options
    Steaks in the sous vide, prepping fingerling potatoes for a roasting, making brookies for the kiddos
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,242
    Options
    hammock time

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    hammock time

You, sir, are a true humanitarian.  I am thankful people like you are willing to hold those hammocks down.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,733
    Options
    Just put a meatloaf on the egg. Green beans and taters for sides.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Canugghead
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations rice grains work better than bread crumbs  ;)
    canuckland
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,414
    Options
    I’m not sure if it is a full moon tonight, but it was a sh!t show today. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I’m not sure if it is a full moon tonight, but it was a sh!t show today. 
    Hope everyone made it home safe.  I look forward to your stories later.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Botch

Just came across this video and I thought you might appreciate the musicianship. The guy is insane. Amazing to watch live. One of the most underrated players of our time, IMO. Exceptional improvising and shredding like a mother while somehow keeping notes clean, and as a former teacher of mine used to say, “making every note count”. Ian’s a former Berklee student. 

https://youtu.be/iavvHdIfdzk?si=rF9CnQkJuIQa_56n

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @Dyal_SC

Great read. Cherished moments, right there. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,627
    edited April 22
    Options
    @Botch

Just came across this video and I thought you might appreciate the musicianship. The guy is insane. Amazing to watch live. One of the most underrated players of our time, IMO. Exceptional improvising and shredding like a mother while somehow keeping notes clean, and as a former teacher of mine used to say, “making every note count”. Ian’s a former Berklee student. 

https://youtu.be/iavvHdIfdzk?si=rF9CnQkJuIQa_56n

Shredding King, for sure.   B)
    I'll have to look into Big Wreck tomorrow!  

"In the high school halls, in the shopping malls,

Be cool, or be cast out"  

-  Rush, Subdivisions 

• CPFC1905
    Options
    @Foghorn
    Man U let a three goal lead go, then bailed out by VAR to inch past Cov'. 
    I don't know Sir Jim Ratcliffe, but you don't get to be a billionaire by being cuddly.  Even a win in the FA Cup final will not save him.  It's Van Gaal all over again. 
    So - who do you think will replace Erik?   
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,786
    Options

This is how the critters on our farm earn their names, you know by standing out if you will. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,544
    Options
    Bringing the Bronco to the stealership to have the hardtop installed. They’re nervous. I sent them the 5 minute YouTube clip from FoMoCo on how to do it