Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,824
    Options
    Thanks.  Texas twinkies are a labour (nod) effort for me to get cleaned.  Great suggestion to initially cook whole.  Will give that a try next round.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,927
    Options
    Smiling and thinking about @CPFC1905 because I just checked the English football scores and learned that Crystal Palace beat Liverpool.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,902
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Smiling and thinking about @CPFC1905 because I just checked the English football scores and learned that Crystal Palace beat Liverpool.
    An abysmal set of predictions - but euphoric about the mighty Eagles trouncing (narrow win) Liverpool.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,343
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Is that Jim Bakker’s team? 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,375
    Options
    saw this in my photo album, don’t remember if I shared before.

No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    dbCooper said:

That was worth zooming in for.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • danhoo
    danhoo Posts: 690
    Options
    I'm told I won't be able  to buy an NG furnace
    current: | Large BGE |  Genesis 1000 | Genesis E330 | 22 inch Kettle | Weber Summit Kamado
    sold:| PitBoss pro 820  WSM 22 
  • danhoo
    danhoo Posts: 690
    Options

current: | Large BGE |  Genesis 1000 | Genesis E330 | 22 inch Kettle | Weber Summit Kamado
    sold:| PitBoss pro 820  WSM 22 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,928
    Options
    danhoo said:
    I'm told I won't be able  to buy an NG furnace
    Phasing them out in all new construction California, you can still get them though
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,548
    Options
    Dreaming of a new putter. Have a putter fitting lined up for whenever I can put a shoe on again lol. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Salting 50 pounds of tritip , cooking tomorrow for an even Friday 

I would have sworn that was shoulder.  Bet the cook will be amazing!
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Nice to see you post, and to admire your work @SamIAm2. Hope all is well with you. 

I know what you mean about springtime in Florida. We stayed at a friend’s place in Orlando and I pressured washed the driveway because the grime was bugging me, and because I wanted to help out as their guest. 

Now just be sure to mind yourself when installing those sails. 😉
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,701
    edited April 17
    Options
    never mind
    canuckland
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,421
    Options
    Yesterday we had a class on our day off to keep up with some certifications. One of my best friends ended up getting into a motorcycle wreck on his way in. He will live, but it ended up shattering his pelvis, femur and detaching is quad. He has a huge road to recovery. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    edited April 17
    Options
    Yesterday we had a class on our day off to keep up with some certifications. One of my best friends ended up getting into a motorcycle wreck on his way in. He will live, but it ended up shattering his pelvis, femur and detaching is quad. He has a huge road to recovery. 
    I have a good friend who almost died 2 years ago on Father's day in a bad wreck.  I have a small idea what your friend is in for, and it isn't pretty, but modern medicine is amazing.  I'll leave the "should PD be responsible" to smarter folks than I.

My friend has a dark dark sense of humour and it helped for sure.  He also retired and now has a great private sector job that he loves way more than the politics.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,824
    Options
    @EzraBrooks - as you well know, those words mean so much more coming form your son and a high school student.
    Nailed kid raising along with the pork.  Congrats.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,548
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your friend. Too many people I know have had incidents/accidents/close calls on bikes. I’ve dropped my M endorsement the day my wife told me she was pregnant. Hope he heals
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Sorry to hear about your friend. Too many people I know have had incidents/accidents/close calls on bikes. I’ve dropped my M endorsement the day my wife told me she was pregnant. Hope he heals
    That sucks, @Battleborn. Best wishes for your friend’s recovery. 

I have never ridden, and don’t think I ever will. Not throwing shade or trying to discourage anyone who does, but I’ve known many individuals who have had life-altering accidents (an accident that can be minor for a car can be life-ending for a motorcyclist; nothing you don’t know). Plus, it’s a poor choice of vehicle in a climate such as mine, where roads are snow-ridden for a stretch of every year. 
  • lkapigian
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @EzraBrooks - as you well know, those words mean so much more coming form your son and a high school student.
    Nailed kid raising along with the pork.  Congrats.
    ^^^^ this, it’s why you do it 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,410
    Options
    Working. 3 hours into an upgrade. I need a drink
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Canugghead
    Options
    Good luck to anyone trying to get Costco to do seasonal tire changeover, they're booking mid May  =)

canuckland
  • lkapigian
    edited April 19
    Options
    Good luck to anyone trying to get Costco to do seasonal tire changeover, they're booking mid May  =)

Never heard of seasonal tire change over until now , I do at some point go from shorts to pants , but I can do that without a booking 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lkapigian said:

Never heard of seasonal tire change over until now , I do at some point go from shorts to pants , but I can do that without a booking 
    My seasonal change over consists of turning my AC in the car to “max”.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,966
    Options

I used switch studds to mudds,  new tires seem good now, traction systems are pretty good now. Studds were fun in the summer though drifting with the spark show

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Canugghead
    edited April 19
    Options
    lkapigian said:

It's not mandatory in Ontario (wish it is) to have winter tires but it's safer and we get insurance discount, for not wearing slippers in the snow so to speak.

It was fun in Quebec when it became law in 2008
    https://archive.nytimes.com/wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/11/13/quebecs-hottest-item-is-winter-tires/
    canuckland