Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,388
    Options

No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,348
    edited April 9
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac. About a year ago, my dad returned a lifetime garden hose that he bought in 1983 to the same Ace Hardware where he bought it. He still had the original receipt. 

My mom used her lifetime membership card to visit the USS Alabama last year. She got the card in elementary school. She’s 76 now. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,853
    Options
    @fishlessman - In addition to the TSA process itself being inconsistent, the non-body scan instrument sensitivities are all over the place.  I can trigger it in one airport and not another, same day (the least sensitive I have found is DCA of all places).  Anyone younger than their late twenties will never experience "how it was" pre 9/11 unless they are rolling like @lkapigian and using private planes.  
    This may help explain where we are:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTzaMXXelew. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,967
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @fishlessman - In addition to the TSA process itself being inconsistent, the non-body scan instrument sensitivities are all over the place.  I can trigger it in one airport and not another, same day (the least sensitive I have found is DCA of all places).  Anyone younger than their late twenties will never experience "how it was" pre 9/11 unless they are rolling like @lkapigian and using private planes.  

it was kinda a bizarre world where bostonians are truly  nice people and georgia is just aholes =)=)=) the pup before flew to boston in a climate controlled luggage area, i just had to pick him up in boston. flying with a pup under the seat in front was another thing i could do without seeing theres no longer any leg room.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,424
    Options
    A few weeks ago I made an arrest of a felon that was in possession of a handgun along with other verifiable stolen items. Got the young man to confess that the gun was his on body camera after giving him his Miranda Warning and even giving him an out to put the gun on someone else. 

Fast forward to today, we go to court on a preliminary hearing. Court is a normal and mundane part of the job that is often just a waste of my time. Today was no different. The guys girlfriend comes into court and says the gun is hers and the DA drops the felony charge to plea out the possession of stolen property. A misdemeanor. Yay justice system. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,115
    Options
    A few weeks ago I made an arrest of a felon that was in possession of a handgun along with other verifiable stolen items. Got the young man to confess that the gun was his on body camera after giving him his Miranda Warning and even giving him an out to put the gun on someone else. 

Fast forward to today, we go to court on a preliminary hearing. Court is a normal and mundane part of the job that is often just a waste of my time. Today was no different. The guys girlfriend comes into court and says the gun is hers and the DA drops the felony charge to plea out the possession of stolen property. A misdemeanor. Yay justice system. 
    We are so backwards right now. Hope he does not kill someone the next time.
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• lousubcap
    Options

While I know that is how this justice system works in many respects these days, it still pi$$es me off to read it knowing you put yourself in harm's way to do all the right things demanded by the legal system.   
    Mini rant to follow:
    With the country so divided, an increasing number of the populace thinks the system is rigged against them.  Thus more tendency to "take law into their own hands" which has been documented by lots of polling data.  With the influx of demands on a constrained system, time to look at where we can hand-wave away a crime to ensure room on the docket for "more serious" crimes.  
    Our elected, across the political spectrum, leaders could make an effort to demand compliance with laws and regulations to protect society at large but that flies in the face of "it's all about me. " No chance-
    Off soap-box and I have a lawn.  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options

@TEXASBGE2018

Just funnin’ ya! How’s the lawn progress?

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @battleborn @lousubcap

With you guys. While I will keep my comments brief and narrowly focused here, it is astounding to see the utter impunity that some hardened criminals (and sureties who enable them) can operate with - all facilitated by a system that increasingly casts them as victims, even in the face of clear and repeated violations. Zero consequences. Hard to find an ounce of accountability, including amongst members of the prosecution tasked with protecting the broader, law-abiding population. 

Sickening and terrifying at once. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,704
    Options
    My mom used her lifetime membership card to visit the USS Alabama last year. She got the card in elementary school. She’s 76 now. 
    Any sisters or nieces named after her  ;)
    canuckland
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,424
    Options
    @battleborn @lousubcap

With you guys. While I will keep my comments brief and narrowly focused here, it is astounding to see the utter impunity that some hardened criminals (and sureties who enable them) can operate with - all facilitated by a system that increasingly casts them as victims, even in the face of clear and repeated violations. Zero consequences. Hard to find an ounce of accountability, including amongst members of the prosecution tasked with protecting the broader, law-abiding population. 

For the prosecution, it’s all a numbers game. If they can close out a case as being “convicted”, they look better for their clearance rate. Some people in my profession get jaded with the catch and release mentality, however, I look at it as they won’t victimize someone that day. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @battleborn @lousubcap

For the prosecution, it’s all a numbers game. If they can close out a case as being “convicted”, they look better for their clearance rate. Some people in my profession get jaded with the catch and release mentality, however, I look at it as they won’t victimize someone that day. 
    Was having a discussion with someone about mandatory minimum sentences recently during which I was stating just that - for perpetrators of crime with very high rates of recidivism, incarceration is really the one and only avenue to curtail criminality.  
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,570
    edited April 10
    Options
    Boring stuff but thought I'd do my part to help keep the lights on  =)

North facing back wall sucks for solar panel. Hopefully changing the orientation 70 degrees is going to help.

Update:

It helped. IIRC since the change last August I only needed to remove the battery and recharged it indoor once. Now that sunny days are back, it's at full capacity most of the time. It'll go down once backyard activities increase in warm weather though.

for everyone's sake who is OCD invest in a tie wrap..

and..

https://www.amazon.com/OLAIKE-Adjustable-Outdoor-Compatible-Battery/dp/B08RNJL3ST/ref=sr_1_25?crid=12BFD62C86N69&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.zURdMqB2gTqU8fHgpe5t2bjUZs94Tdm8Rq2PjdlLUGGvFR-oeBq5GkWg_OcTzD9SqXTRNegrfas8feb4lp5zEIfAG8sNxke1Ezpktcrhflt-EqzkZ08rcApa1DeW3dAhAuX1IW39fMmVOkBRkdZlAxx1AL8KTb0ORJ1LJqKuMiw.bXmKLkpIkgZG0-yQvWwmrlRNWJ7kcht4zptZ49a8YWs&dib_tag=se&keywords=outdoor+multi+directional+mount&qid=1712755859&sprefix=outdoormulti+directional+mount,aps,205&sr=8-25&th=1
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,928
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    its strange @lousubcap , you will go through customs when arriving in Mexico much like the US ( albeit much smaller airport) but when going back into US you have to land @ a Border airport for a quick check, in Calexico they literally just look @ the registration and no need to deplane, in Nogales they make you deplane and they bring a dog to the plane, check passports ETC, its a crapshoot , you land for just a couple minutes 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,928
    Options
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,815
    Options
    agree ^^^ thanks for sharing @JohnInCarolina
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,167
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina - Thanks, hoping you share more.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,740
    Options
    ^^^^Agreed^^^^

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 950
    Options
    New Bronco going back in the shop for the third time, for the same problem. The screen black out and consistently drops Bluetooth connection. The first two "fixes" each lasted less than a day. The dealer "doesn't know what the next steps should be" and are waiting to hear back for Corporate about "how to proceed". The truck has 2200 miles on it. I just made the first payment two weeks ago. The service team seems baffled by it. Wth?
  • Ybabpmuts
    Options
    If they don't fix it next time, the mass lemon law will kick in and they either need to give me a new truck, or refund my money, including sales tax and excise taxes. I am not happy.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,549
    Options
    Ybabpmuts said:
    New Bronco going back in the shop for the third time, for the same problem. The screen black out and consistently drops Bluetooth connection. The first two "fixes" each lasted less than a day. The dealer "doesn't know what the next steps should be" and are waiting to hear back for Corporate about "how to proceed". The truck has 2200 miles on it. I just made the first payment two weeks ago. The service team seems baffled by it. Wth?
    Bronco or Sport? Wife has a 2021 OuterBanks. A few hiccups and recalls, overall extremely satisfied with it. Just turned 23,000 miles yesterday. 
  • lousubcap
    edited April 11
    Options
    Today any car with any hiccups would drive me to another ride.  I'm too old to wonder about "what next" and with Honda cars that is not a worry.  Of course if they don't offer something in your desired functionality I get it.   The great news-I am beyond the trip-wire (age-wise) of ever having to buy another car.  There are some small benefits to being old, albeit not many.  
  • Ybabpmuts
    Options
    Bronco two door, 2023 not the sport. I absolutely love it, but the service has been horrible and not just because they can't seem to figure the problem out, there's a total lack of old school customer service. People just don't care anymore. I pointed out to the sales manager that I've heard nothing from them for four days and under the ma lemon law they only have 7 days to try the next fix. I also pointed out that they didn't even offer me a loaner vehicle, so I've been driving around in a brand new truck that I can't use gps on, or connect my phone too, stream.music. the technology in this thing is crazy, everything is electronic, drive by wire everything, but I expect them to be able to service all of it, yet they're baffled. Old school customer service is dead.
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,549
    Options
    Ybabpmuts said:
    Bronco two door, 2023 not the sport. I absolutely love it, but the service has been horrible and not just because they can't seem to figure the problem out, there's a total lack of old school customer service. People just don't care anymore. I pointed out to the sales manager that I've heard nothing from them for four days and under the ma lemon law they only have 7 days to try the next fix. I also pointed out that they didn't even offer me a loaner vehicle, so I've been driving around in a brand new truck that I can't use gps on, or connect my phone too, stream.music. the technology in this thing is crazy, everything is electronic, drive by wire everything, but I expect them to be able to service all of it, yet they're baffled. Old school customer service is dead.
    They aren’t mechanics anymore. They’re glorified parts changers. And they can only do that after reading the latest service bulletin
  • Ybabpmuts
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Today any car with any hiccups would drive me to another ride.  I'm too old to wonder about "what next" and with Honda cars that is not a worry.  Of course if they don't offer something in your desired functionality it get it.   The great news-I am beyond the trip-wire (age-wise) of ever having to buy another car.  There are some small benefits to being old, albeit not many.  
    I expected this to be my last new car purchase at my age. I only drive locally, not many miles. I've always had Hondas, and one Kia that was awesome, very few problems with any of them. Heck I  had a 2007 Honda CRV that I put 330,000 miles on, and I still sold it for $3,000 dollars, which baffled me. They guy came up from a state away, and he was going to export it to Haiti. Blew my mind. I thought I'd be lucky to get a grand for it, but when I looked on Craig's List they were going for much more. 

I get a divorce and buy a bronco and all hell breaks loose. 😁
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,527
    edited April 11
    Options
    Ybabpmuts said:
    Seems like “Fix Or Repair Daily” is incredibly accurate here. Sorry to hear about your experience. Hope they’ll make it right, but I have my doubts.

I’ve owned a number of Fords over the years, including a ‘99 Taurus, ‘02 Mustang V6 and ‘11 Mustang GT - None gave me any trouble.

I’ve been having a recurring issue with the electrical in our 2018 Subaru. Despite it being a well documented issue and the subject of several class actions, the dealers have obviously been silenced and try to explain it away as a byproduct of lack of driving during the pandemic. 🙄 Have been through about a battery a year since taking ownership. Had to see the trend before discerning the issue. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,415
    Options
    I had a 1996 Mercury Mystique (fance Ford Contour). I have never despised a vehicle more in my life. I swore off of the blue oval for the rest of my life personally . But My last 2 years of work I was assigned a Ford single cab, short bed truck. It had good mpg which I considered the sum of it's virtues.
  • Ybabpmuts
    Options
    The amount of electronics in this truck is crazy. I bought the extended warranty, which I've never done before, primarily because of all of the electronics in it, thinking their def going to die shortly down the road. The dashboard is like a tablet, and how long will that last? When we sold the house I couldn't believe how many phones and tablets I had to get rid of while cleaning out (brought them to recycling day in town) but It reminded me about how many devices quit on us prematurely, and also how we've become such a throwaway society and I hope that isn't what we can now expect in our cars.

@JohnInCarolina. Great pictures. Always wanted to go to France. I worked for a while as an international field service engineer, think it was maybe four years total, way way back in the late eighties. I was in Berlin when the wall came down, I went to Yugoslavia, Austria, Bulgaria, Ireland (prob forgetting a few) and all over the US as well. It was a whirlwind that wore me down eventually. The two countries I wished I had gone too are Italy and France.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,704
    Options
    @Ybabpmuts sorry to hear, but be thankful you guys have Lemon Law, we have to make lemonade out of lemons.
    @GrateEggspectations fix or repair daily is better than found on road dead.
    canuckland